October 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ben Nye - Glitter Glue

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It isn't eye safe, but I use it on my eye area. I have always put concealer and primer before this, and I do not oversaturate my brush, so I do use this with caution. I like to paint a line of glitter glue, pat some glitter on it, let it set for a minute, then paint another line of glitter glue, pat on glitter, etc. etc. If you don't like to paint freehand, you can also cut a stencil of whatever design you like, and paint glitter glue on your skin with the stencil, and pat whatever colors of glitter you want over the design. This just provides a nice sticky base for loose glitters. I also love to pat some of my more glittery Fyrinnae eyeshadows over glitter glue, and all of the lovely glitters and sparkles, like in fyre and ice and immortality, show up like magic. Again, proceed with caution. There is an eye irritating fume that is released when this is drying, so use at your own risk. Ben Nye liquiset is an alternative to this, but this is stickier. Setting this with a setting spray will make it last all day. Ben Nye makes a great setting spray (Final Seal) as well. Ben Nye is amazing. Try try try this if you like to glitterize yourself and/or others!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a glitter whore and I've been searching for a good glue to hold the glitter onto my face without it falling off. I thought my prayers had been answered when I discovered Ben Nye glitter glue. It comes in a 1 oz size for 3.50$ which is super cheap. It has a built in brush in the lid so you paint on the glue and then press the glitter into the wet glue and let dry. The consistancy of the glue is almost like water, there's no stickiness. The glitter stayed put and didn't flake or wear off. The only bad thing is this isn't eye safe which is where I use most of my glitter so I have to use this product mostly around the eyes like above the brows or on the cheek bones when I want to do a weird look.