December 22, 2014 | 1332 users online

Mascara - Givenchy - Eye Fly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by laurenre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this mascara on a constant basis, because in short - no clumps! I have long lashes, but fine ones that tend to stick together. I also love the pigment in this particular mascara. It is so strong and vibrant. Everytime I wear it - it looks like when I wear false lashes. The only thing I don't like about it - it takes forever to get off. I think this is because it goes on so smooth that you don't realize the amount you put on.

I couldn't imagine ever switching!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: This mascara blows. It's awesome when it's new but useless after two - three weeks. What a shame. Original review/rave: I really have nothing negative to say about Eye Fly. Sure, the price is steep, but this mascara is worth every penny and has certainly ended my search for an HG (which btw has cost me more $$$...and wasted it than any other product search).
I have this in black (NW15, brunette/auburn hair, green eyes). It's phenomenal. Why so special? Because it gives me gorgeous lashes in about two seconds--tedious application is a thing of the past.
The look: fluttery, soft, and long. I don't care for my eyelashes curled, but this does add a slight bit of curl. Don't purchase it for that reason though. 1 coat gives me a natural look and I find 2 coats borders on "dramatic". I HATE the look of "overdone" lashes as it tends to close my eyes in. 3 coats might be pushing it.
The formula: soft and true to color. Dries quickly on lashes...by the same token it also dries quickly on the brush when it's out of tube. Hence, I'm glad application is quick so I can get that little bugger back in it's home (I don't want to waste a drop of this stuff).
The brush: perfect. Not oversized or too small. Agile and gets to the corners nicely.
Packaging: lovely, sleek and high end in appearance. I'd expect nothing less from Givenchy and they deliver. Tube is a cubic shape (no rolling around desk), and transparent. the end of wand is a light blue (shiny "foil" effect) lacquered with the givenchy symbol.
In sum, HG for me (a girl would rather under-do than overdo her makeup), gives a beautiful fluttery, long, SEPARATED effect with a nice rich black color, dries quickly on lashes and application is a breeze. NOTHING, not YSL, not Lancome, not "the falsies", not full and soft, I mean nothing compares. Will repurchase solely from now on. I want to give everybody "butterfly kisses" when I wear this! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Was looking for a purple mascara and found the Givenchy mascara to be one of the only ones at Sephora to be able to see the purple colour on my eyelashes. However, this one does not defeat YSL's Everlong Mascara in purple. You can see the hint of purple in a very subtle way and lightens, giving me a very natural look. I personally don't like the volumizing style brush because it makes me smudge more on my eyes compared to the lengthening style brushes. The formula is very nice and it stays nicely but with minimal smudging. I can't say complete raccoon eyes but some purple colour is smudged on my lower eye if you really look closely. Upon first application, I have very little clumps of product on my eyelashes but then I just fix it up with my finger or pinch them away and my eyes look really natural! For the price of $21, I'm used to buying high-end mascaras provided my favourite BLINC mascara sells for $26 at Sephora. I'm glad I tried it out, but for purple mascara, I think I won't repurchase because I'll stick to the YSL. It was nice to try it out though. =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. I have been waiting to write a review of this because sometimes a mascara seems good at the start and then the texture changes or whatever and gets not so good. I have been using this regularly for about three weeks, and it is awesome. I have it in Blue, so I am going to go back for black and brown.

I originally chose this because I was specifically looking for a blue mascara, and there are very few drugstore options and after checking out the other blue options at Sephora (some of which looked a little too crazy bright) I chose this. It dries darker than it looks in the tube, almost navy but brighter than a traditional navy mascara and I find it a very nice muted blue color for pale skin, and it looks really pretty in the sunlight or under bright lights. I have green-hazel eyes and dark blonde hair, for reference. I wear this to the office, at night, its a very versatile blue mascara, subtle but unusual. Highly recommend to those wanting to try a bluw mascara but not wanting to have people look at them and be like "oh look, blue mascara" lol

So clearly, I like this color a lot. The reason I want to go back for the other colors is because of the formula. It is not super dramatic, but much more impactful than some of the other "natural" looking mascaras. And its sooooo buildable. You can pile it on, more and more and more and it doesn't clump. Its like a miracle. So you can do a little for the office and get lovely natural lashes and then you can use more for a more dramatic look when you want it. It really thickens and lengthens each individual lash, and I have short, sparse lashes so that is super good for me. I can't do clumping, too few lashes to start that clumps make me look like I have five lashes!

For me the brush is THE perfect size and shape. I am partial to smaller brushes, but this one isn't tiny. And its nice and bushy and not a plastic piece of junk that does zero.

Love this stuff, HG HE mascara for sure. Most definitely will re-purchase, this shade and the others to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by filamgirl618

So I went into Sephora to help my make-up challenged mom find some stuff she would like. Well, the consultant we had put some of this stuff on my mom's Asian (AKA short, super straight, and thin) lashes and it made her look like a completely different person (in a good way). So naturally, I tried it on and I love it. I love how it separates the lashes but giving them length. I tried it on it black, but will probably getting it in brown the next time I have it in my budget to afford it (haha).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It`s very difficult to find a brown mascara that isn`t black/brown which is harsh looking for daytime wear. Givenchy Eye Fly comes in a very unique shade of auburn brown #12 that looks so natural during the daylight. It`s one of glossiest mascaras i`ve ever used and comes off easily with water. For people who want a natural lengthening look without too much volume- this one is wonderful. The price isn`t though- ha ha.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by lilywolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Real HG material despite the creepy name. Very sophisticated, gives real false lash length and the most beautiful, moderate curl. Compliments guaranteed. Not really thickening.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by andreama

I love this mascara. It great for lengthening and it doesn't clump. This is my favorite mascara, it took that honor from Diorshow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Jo1983

This Mascara is great. I needed something which would make my eyelashes longer and thicker and make my eyes look bigger (without having to use eye line) and Eye Fly did this. Very happy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

i wouldn't buy this again, but it is nice for some extra color ( i got it in fly in violet).