July 23, 2014 | 1796 users online

Palettes - Cat Cosmetics - Adopt Me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not about to ruin the rating on this product. Someone recommended it to me when I wanted to order from Cat Cosmetics and I love it. I have other things I love from Cat Cosmetics too but this is a great little palette. I normally prefer the "build your own" rather than premade palettes, and I have both from this company. So, the first pan is a blush/bronzer duo, Lucy & Cally. The blush side is a pretty reddish/coral shade. The bronzer side is a little light for my NC35 skintone, but they're gorgeous mixed together. If you want to use one side at a time it's a bit difficult since the pans are so close together and small (since they're half of one pan). I want the coral/reddish blush to be available on it's own! The middle pan is Tiffany eyeshadow, which is a pretty peach color. This is a nice highlight for me, and the person who recommended it had the great idea to mix this shade with a bright/pigmented blush to tone it down a bit. I've used this tip and it works. The last pan is an eyeshadow duo called Ashes & Achilles. Half is a pretty, shimmery vanilla shade, and the other is a shimmery chocolate shade.

If you're wondering where they got the cute names, they're named after actual animals that have been rescued from shelters. One of the best things about this palette is that most of the proceeds go to a no-kill animal shelter in New York. Another great thing about this palette is the price. Other trios on the site are $32, but this palette is only $25, and it's just as much product. I love the palettes themselves. There's a hole in the back where you can pop out the pans, so when you're done you can refill it with other colors/pans. If you want to know what other brands fit, I've found that Ulta eyeshadows and Urban Decay Blushes both fit these pans. So all in all this is a great deal. Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Lucy - medium deep brown, matte

Cally - shimmery rosy-coral

Tiffany (a.k.a. Persian Peach) - matte true peach

Ashes (a.k.a. Sugar Puss) - ivory shimmer

Achilles - shimmery medium brown

Product - All the colors can be used as blush/bronzer/highlighter and eyeshadow. Each of the shades has good pigmentation and soft, blendable texture, typical of Cat's blushes and eyeshadows.
Lucy is a matte bronzer shade, rich but not overly pigmented so you can sweep this all over your face without getting a dirty/muddy look. Can also be used for contouring or eyeshadow.
Cally is is a lovely coral blush - very well pigmented and has a soft texture which is easy to pick up with a brush - which is a good thing, since it's only a half pan next to Lucy.
Tiffany is a versatile shade - matte true peach, not apricot or orange or coral, somewhere between light and medium in depth. Maybe a tad light for use as blush on my AAB/NC25 skin, but it gives my cheeks a nice light warm glow or lightens up a deeper blush, and not the same effect as a golden-toned bronzer. Also usable as eyeshadow.
Ashes works great on my browbone as an allover eyeshadow wash.
Achilles is a rich brown shade with slight golden and reddish undertones that works as eye shadow or wet/dry liner.

Packaging - Cat's refillable/customizable 3-pan palette has a full length mirror under the lid and a well for the included kit brush. The exterior is sleek black with the Cat logo in gold on top and the bottom has a slight indentation where you can affix your own label. The kit brush has a lip/liner brush on one end and a small eyeshadow brush on the other; also available separately should you need a spare or replacement. Lucy & Cally and Ashes & Achilles are both split pan duos, which is fine for e/s but a little difficult to pick up the individual shades with a big fluffy blush or bronzer brush. All the items are held in magnetically, so you can move or interchange pans at will.

Overall - A fantastic deal for $25 (and majority of the proceeds go to a no-kill animal shelter and sanctuary). However, I would have preferred having Cally as a full pan of blush to make it easier to pick up with my brush; and also I could do without the bronzer, since I don't use bronzers often and prefer them as separate items and not in palettes. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by DivineFemme

Overall, this is a great little palette, with a few caveats. But first, the positive...b/c, to me, what I love about the Adopt Me palette far outweighs my complaints.

As the other reviewers described, this palette is made up of a blush duo, a full-sized e/s that can also be used as a blush, and an e/s duo. The blush duo is my favorite part of the kit. I like to use Lucy (the brown/peach) blush as a light bronzer with a bit of Cally (the coral blush) as a blush. Both of these are very well-pigmented, esp. Cally!

The full-sized color called Tiffany works best on my NC37 skin as an e/s. I use it as a wash for a very simple but pretty eye. I also use Tiffany to tone down a blush that I've applied too heavily; it works great for this! (On my skintone, it doesn't show up well as a blush on its own.)

The e/s duo is one of my disapointments with this palette. I find the shades a bit too sheer for my liking. I actually like sheer e/s, but these just aren't pigmented enough, esp. considering how pigmented, soft, and blendable the e/s in the Hello Gorgeous palette are. I was expecting the same quality from these, and while the Tiffany e/s lived up to my expectation, the duo did not.

My other complaint- a minor one- is that it's very hard to use the duo blushes separately, b/c the pan is so small. So I use my travel-sized blush brush with these. Not a huge deal, but def. something you want to consider before you buy this!

Despite these 2 issues, I still consider this palette among my favorites. It's such a quick and easy look to pull together, and the price (currently $25) is well worth it to me. I will probably replace the duo e/s with another Cat e/s or blush in the future. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am bad about getting the bug for a brand and then going hog wild. This just happened again w/Cat Cosmetics. This time, however, I have been pleasantly surprised. I wasnít expecting to really like the makeup like I do her mini brush set. Anyway, Sheís having a great sale, just had a debut on HSN, and all the attention made me go to her site. Itís very nice and easy to navigate. Pacakages are shipped immediately and arrive the next day!

I bought the ďAdopt Meí palette. I thought it looked lovely, and itís a great price and cause. When it arrived, I thought NO WAY! For the blushes (Cally ín Lucy) and the middle e/s (Tiffany) a matte peach. I have been playing and discovered they are actually very wearable. I have pink undertones and fair/med skin. I have to be careful, but I do like the results. The Achilles Ďn Ashes duo especially is worth it! The blush and bronzer are nice, but I may have to save the bronzer for summer, itís just a touch too dark. I can use the blush w/a light hand. I have tried a few e/s combos and hereís what has worked:

Clinique Touch Tint in Nude Sparkle w/Tiffany dusted lightly over. Achilles under my brow and Ashes to line. I have added MAC Bagatelle over this combo and liked the result.

Clinique Touch Tint in Natural Suede w/MAC Bagatelle as a wash and then the usual Achilles under brow and Ashes to line.

I am glad I can get this palette to work because I wouldnít return it. The shadows and blush last all day and apply like a dream. I love their consistency and the ease of blending. I donít know if Iíd get the blush duo or Tiffany (Persian Peach) again, but I will definitely get the Achilles Ďn Ashes when they are available as refills. I tend to make anything remotely red/purple garish, and this Ashes shade stays true and flattering. I canít rave about it enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2005 9:19:00 AM More reviews by LaRue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I won this palette because my story about my dog Lucy won their naming contest (she's the first well). But I really love it. The three shadows are very versatile neutrals, and the blush/bronzer is a great match for my pale skin. If I had to purchase this I definitely would. Like with all palettes, the brush is what it is - it's OK for the shadows but I use a blush brush for the others. The shadows wear very well, and the blush/bronzer stay put.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start w/ a description from Cat Cosmetics:
"A couple of the colors are current shades...here is a description of the shades from left to right:
We chose these colors to go together and be used anywhere on your face (except lips).
Lucy - A warm brown shimmerless bronzer. To give your face a sunkissed look dust along your hairline, cheeks, nose and chin.
Cally - Coral blushes are hot but we wanted to make it hotter so we came out with this fire coral blush. A little dab'll do ya.
Tiffany (Persian Peach) - This a neutral peach that is great as a base shade for your eyes and to mix with a bronzer or blush to marm or lighten them.
Ashes (Sugar Puss) - Use this as a base shade on your eyes or a highlight for your brow bone, eye lid or cheekbone. This is an amazing shade for mixing a little luminescence into any other product you might have.
Achilles - This is a deep brown tarnished copper shade that is not only great as a contour eye shadow but it also a beautiful dry liner. Use a very light hand with your blush brush and this can even be a contour for your cheeks."

Okay, so the bronzer and blush are really pretty, however, good luck using only one at a time. The split pan is a bummer as I would have liked a full size of the gorgeous blush. Basically I end up using them together, because I can't get just one of the colors on my brush.

The peach shadow is kinda boring for me for a full pan. It's pretty, but I would rather have a full blush pan.

The split pan eyeshadows are great! I really like them both. If stila twig is too red for you, the brown shade in here would be perfect.

Because the proceeds go to an animal shelter, I highly recommend this. It's a good value anyhow and it goes to a good cause.

The palette itself is nice quality and has a big mirror.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 11:52:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I was looking for something neutral and small to use everyday for work and this is a good kit for that purpose.

It's peachy and brown but neutral enough that a cool toned gal like me can wear it. Big problem: the peach color is too peach and colored for me and makes my lids look apricot and too freaky.

I'm taking one lippie off because of the split blush/bronzer thingie. It is so hard to just use one color. I usually just end up swirling them together and it looks great.

I am very much involved with rescuing cats my local animal shelter and adoptions so the fact that some of the proceeds help an animal shelter means a lot to me.

One final note, I was going to spend $20 on one Nars eyeshadow last week but decided to surf around to see if I could find something else that caught my attention. At $25 for three shadows and two (tiny) blushes, this is a steal!

This is my first Cat Cosmetics purchase but definitely will not be my last. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by diann_co

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

got it last night..Very pretty 2 split pan blushes, one is a warm coral with shimmer, one is more of a matte bronzer. With the pan being split I can't see how to just use one unless I am very careful. There is a full pan of a warm matte peach allover e/s good for a wash and a split pan eye shadow, a shimmery pale champagne and shimmery browny burgundy which reminds me of STila Twig but browner. I love Cat e/s and can't wait to use it. Very worth $25~!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No