November 28, 2014 | 1221 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - Metallic Eye Gloss in Portobello

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I bought this a few years ago but could find no use for it. It didn't stay on my eyelids and didn't seem to dry. I will however try using it as a base on top of primer and put a shadow on top in order to see if it works any better. I will update...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a little bit of a blast to the past! I bought this in the UK where it's called 'Metallic Cream Shadow', and I found it in clearance for 99p.

It's a lovely shimmery nude colour. Very pretty. Of course it's going to be a pain used on it's own, but I've found that it's great used as base under e.l.f's Eye Shadow Duo in 'Mocha Swirl'. It also works well dotted in the corner of the eyes and as a brow highlight. I wouldn't repurchase because quite frankly, I wouldn't even know where to get it from nowadays...Maybe eBay... I'm not sure. Plus I only use it in dabs, so I won't be hitting pan anytime soon. However it's fab utilized in the above ways.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Katharina13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wow, I had no Idea that this product is still available! I got this as a gift years ago! Like most of the reviewers here I use this as a base. Well the color is really pretty, I love goldy-metallic browns and it might be more pretty by wearing it alone. Because I found, that when I use this as a base it makes the eyeshadow look very heavy. I don't like heavy eye makeup's because it just looks too much and overdone, since I#m very pale. So maybe it works better by using it alone, I will try that because I really want to use it since the color is - like I said - very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by indigoangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use this as an eyeshadow; I use it as an eyeshadow base and it works wonderfully!! It's got just enough tackiness to make loose shadows stick and last all day. I just dab a *wee bit* on my eyelids and apply my loose mineral shadows over top. It makes shadows more vivid, adds a metallic sheen and keeps them in place all day! I've had 2 of these Rimmel eye glosses for a few years now and have hardly made a dent in them so this'll last me like, forever, which is a good thing since I haven't seen them around in a long time now. Sure beats paying $$$$ for those those other eyeshadow primers!! ;)

BTW if i want a 'non-metallic' eyeshadow base I use Revlon Skinlights! Also works really well as a base! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 5:05:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Eye GLOSS...gloss people gloss. If you're not prepared for an eye GLOSS...and the texture that is sure to come with I suggest sticking to regular powder or cream shadows.

LOVE Portobello. It's a goldish beige/champagne color. So shimmery and pretty, it really is metallic yet sheer. I love it. I apply it very sheerly with my finger no problem and while it remains a little sticky it does eventually dry although the color isn't extremely long lasting.

I don't like the fact that the lid isn't hinged but the packaging is too terrible, could be better though. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dolliegirl

In England this is called Rimmel Metallic Cream Shadow. I really like this because it is easily blended onto the eyelid with a finger, and it is a very shiny, nice gold colour. On the eyelid, it appears lighter than in the packaging. Because it is so creamy, it is VERY easily smudged and you really can't rub your eye whilst wearing it. This is the only downside of it though, and otherwise I would thoroughly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by pikescat

On me, this shimmery eye gloss is a version of a dark champagne. It brightens up the eye area so much and is perfect with a quick swipe of eyeliner for an easy eye that still has some shimmer and life to it. Plus, these are dirt cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ladypilot

I bought this because it's a really pretty color and the packaging is nice. Just like the Rimmel Eye Shine, it creases horribly and smudges very easily. The only reason I haven't tossed it is that it works well as a highlighter underneathe brows. That's the only thing I use it for now and I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by auroraleigh

I liked the color a lot; I applied it to my eyelids with a small e/s brush, and it looked like MAC Goldbit, one of my HGs.

However, nothing else about this product worked. It did not wear well. It creased immediately and had flaked off my lids by lunchtime. Moreover, it smudged really easily. The packaging is also horrible--you have to pry the lid off with your nails. A flip top would work much better.