August 27, 2014 | 896 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Signature Cream Lipstick in Apricot Glaze

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome shade! I have very dark brown/black hair and this color looks great with my dark features. The texture is very creamy and the scent isn't too strong (artificial but I don't mind it). The color lasts very long and I actually like the shade the color takes on as it dries on the lips throughout the day (a more matte version than the immediately applied color). I can wear this color year round. it is a little pricey (most of the other lipsticks I wear are store brands that don't cost more than $7) but definitely a product that I'll keep purchasing over and over and over!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is not "nude", "pinky nudeish" or even "pinky peach". Not one of these color descriptions I have seen below fit this. It is an orangey coral shade, soft and neutral, but a lot more "lipstick" looking and feeling then I expected. It is a "neutral" I guess. I thought this would be a soft lip, but it is rather a bold neutral. I would almost describe it as a peach berry color. It is also very frosty looking on the lips, not natural looking at all. And it is soooo much darker than I expected from these reviews. It reminds me of the color transition from the 80's bright colors to the dark 90's lip colors...this is somewhere in the middle of that transition. Not a winning color for my NW20 skin w/rosey brown pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by thefrogqueen

The Mary Kay book refers to Apricot Glaze as a neutral toned lipstick. I find it a little too pink to be neutral. I do love it tho. the MK lipsticks are a little pricey. $16.50CAD. They are quite moisture rich. i don't find the colour last any longer than the MAC lipstick, which i don't find lasts any longer than any other brand. (i really have to get into lipstains)

It's not a super unique colour , you could probably find a similar colour in a drugstore brand for half the price. But it wears nice and I find its toned down enough for me to wear CRAZY bright eye make-up with. It has a nice sheen. your lips relaly have to be in good condition to wear this kind of sheer lipstick. It's a thick lipstick and I find it very pigmented. More-so than Mac lipsticks I own. Similar in price. I would buy more of this line for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by briestoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a bargainista and I do not pay retail for much . I got this from a garage sale ( new) from a former Mary Kay woman that was burning off the old inventory . I got this for $1.00 , but I know it retails 13 . But It is a great color . pretty , almost nude , almost peach , almost sheer , golden flex , very warming . beautiful . would buy again ... for a bargain price !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mrsappleblossom77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great color for my fair skin and brown hair. It's peachy pink, but quite natural. It's a good everyday color, but also looks good when you need to dress up. A great versatile lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Apricot Glaze...where have you been all my life???

I am not a regular Mary Kay user, but I recently received a tube as a gift from a friend who is a Mary Kay consultant.

I put it on, not really thinking much about it, but....WOW.

I am not a fan of the nude lip on myself, because I am so ridiculously pale that I look like a corpse if I don't wear a lip product with some substantial pigmentation. Because my lips are nearly colorless I absolutely cannot forego lip product without risk of being loaded into a cadaver wagon.

But I'm not so much into funky lip colors any more. I'm older, and I prefer a more pretty and polished look, rather than the OTT look. I still do OTT on occasion, but for every day, I prefer natural shades.

This? Is absolutely perfect. I see "MLBB" all the time here at MUA and I always think that I would never wear "MLBB" lipstick because my lip color is that of cold dead fish skin. Better cold dead fish skin is still cold dead fish skin. But IF I could have one wish granted, it would be that my lips could be this color, so I could say that this lipstick is MLBB.

Clear as mud?

Anyway...this is neither too orange nor too pink, too warm nor too cool. As I said, it's perfect. It's very versatile as well and can be easily paired with other lip products to alter the intensity or the tonal value.

The quality is very good. I've been using Rimmel Birthday Suit quite a bit, which I actually really like. But the texture and pigmentation of this lipstick is far superior. It's very creamy but not too...slippery, if you know what I mean. It makes my lips feel very soft without being greasy. The only complain I have is that it smells a little like Crayolas. But, there is no bad taste like that I have experienced with some other brands (coughL'Orealcough).

Perfect lipstick doesn't happen every day. I'm buying three or four of these suckers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got mine for less than 3 bucks on eBay!!! :) Beautiful peachy-shimmer shade that I truly believe is prettier than any of MAC's neutral shades!! It easily pairs with any eye makeup look too. The new formula (shiny black tube) is so rich and creamy with no nasty taste (the older silver tube- yuck)- I love it... Staying power is good too, it lasted me at least 5 hours with regular drinking and eating.... Two thumbs up on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Pasha8888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fabulous quality and color! In my opinion, better than most high end brand lipsticks. Perfect for fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by tsd715

My go-to for a super neutral lip, every time! I love the color, texture, wear. I have given it as a gift on several occassions too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by chauntaestewart

This is the perfect most versatile color. It goes with everything and it feels great, moisturizing.