Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque

4.1

Active Ingredients: Sulfur U.S.P. 10%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Bentonite, Kaolin, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Zinc Oxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Polysorbate-20, Titanium Dioxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylparaben.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is excellent. My bf used it after suffering from cystic acne and it worked wonders. After he used it, I gave it a try and the results were amazing. Peter Thomas Roth is a great line.

on 4/19/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a 10% colloidal sulfur mask. I got it from sephora for 44 CAD, for 150 mL product. This is great for all over your face, or for dabbing on spots, especially hormonal cystic acne on the chin. Nothing worked for those deep under the skin zits on the chin except this. I have tried everything. I dab it on twice a day, and the zit goes down within 3 days, without leaving a mark. If you put it all over your face, and have sensitive skin, this stuff WILL burn. It burns my skin and eyes at first, but once I wash it off my skin looks amazing. It also fades dark spots. Also a little goes a long way, so this will last me a full two years (it expires within 24 months of opening).

on 3/4/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Good mask if u want something gentle. But if u have hormonal deep cystic acne beware bc this does have 10% sulfur but also has (eucalyptus?) oil which just further made 4 more cysts appear in the area I was applying. Sephora said it was pulling everything else out, using their favortite word "purging" but not true. I know my skin and anything with oil just clogs me up awful. Beware of oil!! Even if it is "natural"! Anyone acne prone is much better off buying clean and clears Persa gel 10% benzoyl peroxide. For $5 u get a lot and it cleared everything this stuff created (overnight too!) and a little of that stuff goes along way.

on 1/6/2014 12:42:00 AM

I've used this twice, and it's quite good for oil control, and it also cut the life on one painful cyst I had dramatically, so, pretty much a success. It was quite drying though, and smells horrible.

on 12/15/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have bought this product after reading nice reviews here. To mention a little about my skin at first, I have sensitive- combination type of skin and get occasional pimples. And my face reacts badly to any product it doesn't like! So I needed a mask which would calm down my fiery skin when it's angry, i mean get inflamed.
About the product: it comes in a simple white jar, the packaging is not very attractive one. It feels good when you put it on your skin, I like the cooling sensation. But I don't really know whether it works on pimples or not. I have used this 6-7 times but I didn't find anything extra-ordinary about this mask. And seems to be little pricey too.
So I don't think I will be buying this again. Body Shop's tea tree mask will do the same thing for me for a cheaper price!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Amazing mask ! Definitely helped my acne when I had it. Even after my acne was gone, I used it weekly to cool my skin and keep the pores in my t-zone clean. It also reduces oil in the the face. I love it and it never irritated my extremely sensitive skin.

on 6/3/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with a previous reviewer this is magic. I have been using this once a week sometimes twice. I also spot treat with it overnight. sometimes when i use it as a mask i fan to fan my eyes because the eucalyptus gets to me but this is small in comparison to alternative acre treatments that burn your skin off or make you produce excess oil. This keeps my face clear, and soft o-O and it will use this for however long they produce it....LOVE IT. And BTW proactiv mask has nothing on this, I used that for years.

on 5/12/2012 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is hands down the best mask I've ever used. I have extremely oily, very sensitive skin and regular cystic breakouts if I'm not careful. It clears up my skin and keeps the oil at bay for a good day afterwards, and my skin never burns from the sulfur or feels too tight or dry. Some people hate the smell, but I actually like it (but it is pretty strong.) I might try duping this myself with french green clay, sulfur powder, and aloe gel to save money ($40 is pretty steep no matter how much you love a product.) If that doesn't work out, I'll just have to suck it up and keep using this mask because nothing else even comes close to its effectiveness.

on 3/10/2012 3:10:00 PM

I honestly regard this as the best thing I have bought for my skin in a long, long time. I have a super oily T-zone with normal to dry cheeks and I mostly only use this as a spot treatment and then at night ONLY on problem areas (like my nose and chin). Unless you have tons of acne, this product might be too strong for you. Even those with a super oily t-zone or even face, i wouldn't recommend using it any more than once a week. as a spot treatment, it drastically reduces the size of a pimple and redness after one night, after the second night, mine are normally gone. If you have normal-dry skin, I wouldn't use this at all, and if you're like me and have normal-dry areas on your face, avoid those!

on 10/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Although there are a lot of great reviews for this product I find it to be not really effective when I had a stubborn breakout. You get a lot of product for your money though.

Popular Masks