October 2, 2014 | 973 users online

Masks - Peter Thomas Roth - Sulfur Cooling Masque

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rachael1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good mask if u want something gentle. But if u have hormonal deep cystic acne beware bc this does have 10% sulfur but also has (eucalyptus?) oil which just further made 4 more cysts appear in the area I was applying. Sephora said it was pulling everything else out, using their favortite word "purging" but not true. I know my skin and anything with oil just clogs me up awful. Beware of oil!! Even if it is "natural"! Anyone acne prone is much better off buying clean and clears Persa gel 10% benzoyl peroxide. For $5 u get a lot and it cleared everything this stuff created (overnight too!) and a little of that stuff goes along way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this twice, and it's quite good for oil control, and it also cut the life on one painful cyst I had dramatically, so, pretty much a success. It was quite drying though, and smells horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by brishti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have bought this product after reading nice reviews here. To mention a little about my skin at first, I have sensitive- combination type of skin and get occasional pimples. And my face reacts badly to any product it doesn't like! So I needed a mask which would calm down my fiery skin when it's angry, i mean get inflamed.
About the product: it comes in a simple white jar, the packaging is not very attractive one. It feels good when you put it on your skin, I like the cooling sensation. But I don't really know whether it works on pimples or not. I have used this 6-7 times but I didn't find anything extra-ordinary about this mask. And seems to be little pricey too.
So I don't think I will be buying this again. Body Shop's tea tree mask will do the same thing for me for a cheaper price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulswan007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing mask ! Definitely helped my acne when I had it. Even after my acne was gone, I used it weekly to cool my skin and keep the pores in my t-zone clean. It also reduces oil in the the face. I love it and it never irritated my extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by istyleit

I agree with a previous reviewer this is magic. I have been using this once a week sometimes twice. I also spot treat with it overnight. sometimes when i use it as a mask i fan to fan my eyes because the eucalyptus gets to me but this is small in comparison to alternative acre treatments that burn your skin off or make you produce excess oil. This keeps my face clear, and soft o-O and it will use this for however long they produce it....LOVE IT. And BTW proactiv mask has nothing on this, I used that for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Fascinated

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best mask I've ever used. I have extremely oily, very sensitive skin and regular cystic breakouts if I'm not careful. It clears up my skin and keeps the oil at bay for a good day afterwards, and my skin never burns from the sulfur or feels too tight or dry. Some people hate the smell, but I actually like it (but it is pretty strong.) I might try duping this myself with french green clay, sulfur powder, and aloe gel to save money ($40 is pretty steep no matter how much you love a product.) If that doesn't work out, I'll just have to suck it up and keep using this mask because nothing else even comes close to its effectiveness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by blu3

I honestly regard this as the best thing I have bought for my skin in a long, long time. I have a super oily T-zone with normal to dry cheeks and I mostly only use this as a spot treatment and then at night ONLY on problem areas (like my nose and chin). Unless you have tons of acne, this product might be too strong for you. Even those with a super oily t-zone or even face, i wouldn't recommend using it any more than once a week. as a spot treatment, it drastically reduces the size of a pimple and redness after one night, after the second night, mine are normally gone. If you have normal-dry skin, I wouldn't use this at all, and if you're like me and have normal-dry areas on your face, avoid those!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

Although there are a lot of great reviews for this product I find it to be not really effective when I had a stubborn breakout. You get a lot of product for your money though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by nocomment

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is MAGIC. It flattens big bumps and draws out little white ones. You can use it as a spot treatment overnight or a mask. I love the texture and love the smell. Yes, it may leave your skin a little itchy afterwards, but for an acne sufferer like me that is a very small price to pay. This really zaps those deeps underground zits. I love it. So glad I tried it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MaggieN

I've used this mask for about 6 times and also spot treatment sometimes. The mask seem to help for existing acnes/pimples, it makes the pimples comes to a head more quickly. However, this mask does not make my pimples disappear completely after using once or twice or even three times, it just make the pimples emerge from the skin faster, alot of times the pimples gets bigger because it's drawing it out. Sometimes after using the mask for a couple of times, it seems to bring out pimple from other area of my skin when there isn't any, some people may say this is purging. I wonder if I didn't put the mask on areas of clear skin maybe the pimples would not have emerge and will go away on its own instead of becoming a full-blown pimples. But nevertheless I think this is pretty good as a spot treatment on existing pimples. The texture is thick and creamy and I actually like the scent, it feels soothing and like I'm at a spa or facial.