December 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Fragrances - Bill Blass - Nude

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A clean, linear pale-green powdery scent that doesn't interrupt or interfere. Absolutely artificial, it brings to mind freshly-laid carpeting in modernist offices - the perfect fit for particular moods.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The EDC has a lovely, ripe green-skinned pear note and a lot of jasmine up top, and swiftly turns into soapy baby powder (not that I'm complaining). I might try to see if any stronger concentrations of this are still around. Unfortunately, unless I spray it heavily on clothing it pretty much disappears within 30 minutes. It's like the best body spray B&BW never made.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

Would like to give this a 3 1/2 lippie. It's a smellalike for Cashmere Mist, but with a tuberose note. Now, the tuberose note is fairly subtle, and I'm not big on tuberose, especially the bitter 80's tuberose. But here, the tuberose is soft and incorporated subtly enough that it isn't hopeless. I would still probably wear CM before I'd wear this, but Nude is much less expensive, and it's quite wearable.

For those who have somehow missed out on the ubiquitous Cashmere Mist explosion, they each have a salty, powder-soft sandalwood base, a touch of orris, in the case of CM a brush of suede, and in the case of Nude, a brush of tuberose, and a delicate brush of jasmine and musk. They work out to not quite baby powder powder, a sort of soft woody powder with a little spine. Subtle, pretty, good bedtime scents. The notes per Fragrantica on Nude don't include tuberose, and maybe what I'm smelling is a combo of galbanum and narcissus... but I'm smelling tuberose.

Bottle for Nude is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This EDC is just lovely, although it's taken me a while to realize that. I first ordered it a few months back -- it was still winter, I think -- sprayed it on and thought it was disgusting. So I'm glad I gave it another go.

In general, I have a love-hate relationship with aldehydes -- I love the idea of them and the sparkle in modern aldehydic fragrances but have a hard time with the classic, "old lady" (sorry, sorry! bad descriptor, I know!) musty aldehydes a la No 5 and Arpege. So, if you're like me in that regards, be informed: Nude's topnotes are aldehydes galore. And not only that, but I swear these are indolic aldehydes, if such a thing is possible. This jasmine note -- while not entirely going the A La Nuit route -- is seriously bordering on cat piss.

But! Give it time, it all calms down. I sprayed it on after moisturizing this morning and by the time I'd finished combing my hair, Nude had settled down into a lovely, sheer floral scent. I definitely get jasmine and moss but also a whiff of pear -- not really Petite Cherie pear, but pear flesh, if that makes sense. If there's rose in here, it's either extremely light or extremely well blended; rose has the tendency to go all windex-y on me and there's none of that happening with Nude (thank God).

And since it's an EDC, you can literally bathe in this perfume and still not assault anyone's nostrils at work or meetings or what have you. Longevity, I'm not so sure about as I was literally moved to write this review only a few short hours after giving Nude another try. I do find that dabbing Nude rather than spraying seems to make it stay put longer.

Nude has gotten a string of bad reviews lately though the older ones are practically all positive. Honestly, I think it's all those topnotes that are turning people off...but if you can make it past a few "old lady" aldehydes, Nude is definitely worth the ten bucks or whatever it costs online. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of getting myself a back up bottle of a discontinued fragrance for the first time in my life...

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by raincheck

This smells heavenly on me! I was working in a popular night club and a girl at my table smelled so wonderful I asked her what she was wearing and she said Bill Blass Nude. I bought it online for I think 10 bucks or so and am loving it! My bestfriend is used to my huge collection of fragrances, but when I wore this one she said I smelled amazing. I often layer it with Un Bois Vanille or Lea and it seems even better with a little vanilla. On me Nude is a soft, creamy clean pear scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this after all the great reviews I have heard and read.
Well, it just didn't work for me at all. It smelled like a rotten metallic sniff, ugh, and that is all I got, even after the drydown.
I would love to smell this on someone else to see what I am missing!
I gave it away to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Casafras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like acrid pear alcohol at first blast and never dries down to anything different on me. Not good! Glad it only cost me $13--this one goes up for swap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a VERY powdery smelling scent. I went on a "vintage" perfume binge one year when I came across Nude (by way of MUA) and it satisfied my nostalgic craving perfectly. I purchased it online, unsniffed. The opening notes are a bit strong and almost turned me off. There is a smoky, bitter undercurrent on me that makes it smell dated. Luckily, after letting it marinate, I ended up liking it. It takes me back to my childhood. When I wear it, I feel like that 7 year old, fresh out of the tub with a sprinkling of Avon's classic, scented talcum powder on my chest...Candid or Timeless maybe? But, I also feel sexy and ultra feminine while wearing it. It's not an everyday scent for me, but I like it on occasion. The only reason I wouldn't re-purchase it, is because I'll probably never run out of what I have. The lasting power is outstanding.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by 1gapeach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definately a love it or hate it kind of fragrance. It can be a bit strong upon initial spritz but after that it is truly gorgeous. You have to use a light hand with this one. This has a very musky, powderly, and a slightly floral twist to it. When I wear this, I feel confident and damn sexay!!!! I get very positive reviews on this when I wear it. To me you can wear this fragrance all year round anytime, anyplace and anywhere. If you don't like heavy musky type fragrances, than this one is not for you. But, if you do! You are in for a real treat!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Mamota

I had been curious about this scent after reading reviews and seeing that it might be a cheap thrill. While the drydown is okay -- a light herbal -- the initial notes are repulsive to me. They literally smell like, to repeat a scent review cliché here, the inside of a plastic doll's head. And the whole mix of notes is odd and synthetic-smelling. Maybe it's my chemistry but I am so glad that I didn't spring for this unsniffed.