April 17, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics in Buff

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by fifitrixiebelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works great as an eye shadow base. I've tried many others that do not - this one does. This color is a very neutral, iridescent pinky beige. I took a lippie off for price and container, which I think is wasteful. Last bought in 2/2013 for $24.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Numagirl

Very pretty color for my hazel eyes. Peachy bronze pearlized color. The LM rep recommended the produt and I initially thought it would be to dark as a base. But it really lights up hazel eyes. Works as an eyeshadow or base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got this cheaply from ACW so i'm not really upset that it does not live up to expectations. buff is kinda dark and suitable for ladies who are NC30 - 40. the base itself creases after several hours of wear. i have super-oily lids and prefer to use NARS e/s base / UDPP. this will probably work better as a basic shadow rather than as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by bimbariccia

I was looking for an eye base that would hold on to eyeshadow and stop it creasing for as long as possible. I have quite greasy eyelids (weird, because I don't really have oily skin...) and nothing stays put on them longer than an hour or so. The folks at LM recommended this Eye Basics product. I wasn't convinced at first as it looked too much like a cream eyeshadow to me. The colour (Buff) is quite a good colour match for my eyelids and blends in really smoothly. It makes a great base for eyeshadow and to my great surprise actually kept it in place all day and for most of the night. I would re-purchase, but the other day I saw Benefit's Stay don't Stray eye primer which looks to me like it would be even better as the colour is a bit paler and therefore may be a better base for paler eyeshadow colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I searched for this on the auction website, and there were several in sample size tubes. I don't wear eyeshadow and was looking for something to give my eyes a little "ump". It's a nice neutral shade that has a slight pearl like shimmer - nothing over the top. It looks like a bronzy - pinkish shade. I don't wear this as an eyeshadow base, because it looks too pretty to cover over. It really wears like iron. A+

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in the color Buff after placing a Laura Mercier order. It has a sponge-tip applicator, but a lot of product comes out on it, so you have to thin it out on the lid with a brush. I bought this because I wanted to eliminate the step of using a brush to apply primer, and I'm having to use a brush anyway. For that reason, this is only getting 3 lippies. My Benefit F.Y.Eye and MAC paints do a much better job and get 5 lippies, and they prevent creasing. The Laura Mercier creases.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an eye primer so my eye shadow wouldn't crease at mid day and the SA at LM showed me this, in shades Wheat and Buff but I settled for Buff although next time I buy (IF I do, seeing that you need sooo little at a time, and that it's actually something I can do without) I'd get Wheat just for a change.

Anyways. the SA said it my e/s wouldn't crease all day, but I have realy oily lids and this baby DIDN'T make that much of a difference. Surely the weather has something to do with it as well, because where I live is hot and humid but I work indoors in a/c all day so it takes a leeetle bit longer for my e/s to crease but it creases anyways. Even worse, the crease has ugly white mix in it (I usually wear dark e/s so the white/cream residue from the LM Eye Basics shows up quite obviously).

However, this product is great for highlighting the brow bone. I look fresh and awake when I have this on but then I don't need a pricey product to do that, any old highlighting product will do the job just as well. And anyways I have my favourite multitasker the YSL Touche Eclat for the job.

You really need to blend the product well in bright light, otherwise you can't see any imperfections and then when it's dry it's virtually impossible to blend/rub off.

All in all a good cream shadow to be worn on its own, and is a good primer if your lids are not oily like mine and/or the weather/climate where you live doesn't melt it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really disappointed with this. I used to love the older eye basics but Laura Mercier did some changes other than just packaging. The older eye basics never creased on me and I trusted them as a base. They would be more thick and dry faster than these new ones that seems quite slippery and take longer to dry. Also when I wear this this one creases easily. With older ones I had, I used one alone and applied Clinique quickliner on top of my lashes and my makeup lasted all day! Not so with the new formula. I am really disappointed now. The color Buff is nice for the light to medium skinned ladies. Great nude color. If only it would last.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by rosemerry56

Great stuff. I use as both an eye shadow base and alone if I'm in a hurry. It's a pretty pearlized color. I use up to my brows and then I have subtle brow bone highlights. Doesn't take much; I tap the wand on each eyelid without double dipping and there is plenty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Got a mini size of this free with my LM order recently. I am really liking this color. Ive tried the eye basics before in the buff shade and didnt care for it but this one is nice. Really perks up my eyes. Works great as a base for my e/s- they showed up better and lasted all day. Will probably get this in the future instead of UDPP since it works as well and this has color to it so it could be worn alone if I am in a hurry.