November 21, 2014 | 1713 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

My perception of La Chasse has changed in time. At first, I understood it as an innocent, charming, feminine and non-offensive little fragrance bursting with honeysuckle and sunshine in a pastel coloured fairlyland. It was soft and light with a barely there, slightly soapy drydown. Then one day I realised that the fragrance is mainly tuberose on me, and that a coconutty one. Coconut is not one of my favourite notes but it doesn't disturb me here. Only, La Chasse is not the faint representation of innocence and charm anymore. It's a peppery, slightly spicy tuberose fragrance, only more subdued than other examples of the genre. L'Artisan's La Nuit de Tubereuse is one of my favourite fragrances ever, that's why I don't particularly need this one. I use my 15 ml bottle mostly at work but I don't see myself buying another one. 3.5

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme by LíArtisan Parfumeur opens with a face full of warm weeds. After one sniff, I braced myself for an allergy attack that (thankfully) never came. The sun drenched greens are peppery-hot and seem to share space with pencil shavings. Yep. Finally, the weeds calm down and the soapy floral starts taking over, but the weeds never really leave. Does La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme evoke a butterfly hunt in a warm flower-filled field? Yes: The fragrance has an innocent summertime feel and Iím enjoying it during the winter months. Also, longevity could be better, in spite of the fact that Extreme is part of the name. (I have this complaint with several LAP fragrances.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jenniealicel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I own the original from a few years ago and can't entirely tell the difference between the two aside from the bottle (miss the old bottle). This is my go-to scent--I absolutely love linden, so I'm not surprised. If there's something similar, and perhaps a bit heavier for fall and winter, I would definitely try it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have spent the last three days sampling this fragrance and now that my sample is almost empty, I can confirm my initial reaction: pretty but not full-bottle worthy. The scent is very flowery with a hint of lemon in a very romantic and ladylike way-not fun and girly. However, I find it a bit one-dimensional, as it does not really evolve but just fades. Which brings us to my main concern: the staying power. As this is supposed to be the "extreme" version, I expected to last on my rather dry skin for more that 2-3 hours ( last hour being a very weak, close-to-skin scent). Overall, nice and feminine but nothing memorable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 7:33:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

More trendy variation of original LCP. Floral, sweet, with too much pink pepper for my liking, but all in all not bad: a cheerful, "spring-like", feminine composition.

I don't know do I like LCP (original and this one) any more, because something strange has happened: I really liked LCP before, now there's something annoying in it for me (probably linden).

This one has less linden, what is good, but I would prefer it without pepper notes. Anyway I think it is a pretty, modern feminine fragrance, but I wouldn't buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

I own a big bottle of the original and like it a lot, but I see it more as hot summer scent and agree with the "diet" comment - LOL!
While the original can be a little pungent and sligthly harsh on some days, this Extreme version is much powerful in flowers but definetely rounder, smoother, deeper and warmer than the original. It has the stoning headiness of strong white florals without any cheap morphing edge that white florals can have when not balanced. I could bathe in a tub of this and become happily insane! It's very sunny, white floral, but it doesn't seem too beachy to me. I could say this is a sexy scent but it's just my IMO, maybe not a male one. I'm sorry it's so expensive and has poor staying power. It remonds me of Fracas, but less loud and less "loaded".
It is like the promise of summer that spring has in itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the original and I also love this the extreme version. I find this one smells greener and maybe a bit harsher at the beginning but then it turns into a beautiful fragrance, its summer and jasmine and the garden at night. It has great staying power too I can still smell it at the end of the day. Definately a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my premier scents for summer, CAP Extreme downplays the linden of the original in favor of a more pronounced tuberose. I prefer this to the soliflore Tubereuse from the same line, which is more opaque and fattier. In CAP Extreme, an extremely well integrated pepper note provides enough lift to make the fatty tuberose buoyant and less buttery. There is something of Carnal Flower to this scent, or perhaps it is simply the closest cognate to Carnal Flower that I've encountered, insofar as the similar impressions of tuberose go. The flower's commingling of green and rich notes is likewise elevated beyond the rubbery (something CF does with citrus), suggesting a sense of warm air moving throughout. I don't notice other white florals in this mix, nor do I get much wood beyond what I would designate a very slight note akin to drying hay or bleached driftwood. A salty quality marks the drydown when this earthier phase begins. Like the original CAP, CAP Extreme has an short lifespan if measured in terms of sillage and presence; it becomes a beachy skin scent on me within the hour. The original is more suggestive of spring and is a cooler, daintier fragrance. I like both equally well and find them the best of L'Artisan's abstractions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with everyone else who said it smelled woody. I literally smell something akin to pencil shavings. I do not have the original so I cannot compare but this hardly qualifies as a "floral" perfume. If you can't handle floral in the traditional sense, this might work well. I love the packaging, the new cap is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by twitches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite scents, that has sent me on a quest for anything peppery I can find. The pepper note is overwhelming, yes, but if you love it, there's nothing like it. It dries down to something light, floral and slightly spicy; unusual but delicious. I love it so much, I'd be heartbroken if it were ever discontinued.