April 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Stretch and Separate Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by setenaj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Almost HG... like all the MF waterproof mascaras (and unlike most other brands) this stays on me really well. It's not as clumpy as the 2000 calorie but it gives more volume than the lash extension mascara. One coat is fine for day - I only add a second if I need a more dramatic look in the evening. Only minor disadvantage is it takes a bit of patience to remove, even with a two-part eye make up remover. Overall, though, it's the best mascara I've found and I'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by smushyellowman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My lashes are straight and sparse and never ever will hold a curl. This is the first mascara EVER that has held my curl.it really does stretch and separate, though at times lashes may look spidery or oddly shaped. Great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought that this might be THE ONE for me. The price is okay, and the packaging is okay, but I'm still not 100% satisfied. I bought this in Rich Black, and the color is very good-a nice dark black. I'm still not sure how I feel about the dryness of the product. I am use to a wetter mascara, and so I will need to take my time before I make my final decision about this one. It does go on well, stays well, does not flake, washes off easily. I keep coming back to the dryness of it. Maybe I just need to get use to it. I have tried lots of different mascaras-cheap to expensive, and this one is just as good as any of the mid to high priced ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by file03

I enjoy this mascara. I have tried 10+ different kind of mascaras, even expensive ones.

I find it works amazing when I remove some excess mascara off the wand. too much ends up coming out and it gets little too clumpy on the lashes. so I wipe the wand a little bit with plastic of some sort: plastic bag. NOT paper or tissue. that'll just leave paper and tissue on the wand and ruin the wand. and THEN I apply. and it separates great. does not weigh my curl down (I use an eyelash curler beforehand), and adds length.

I would give it 5 stars, but I find that it makes my lashes a little too dry. I know this is a waterproof formula, so it'll do that. I don't want to use non-waterproof, I feel as though it didn't hold the curl as well. maybe some day I'll try the non-waterproof version again.

if I could give this overall 4.5 stars I would. but I can't, so I'll pick 4 stars.

packaging - 4. just because like I said, I think it works better when there is less mascara on the wand. I hate discarding excess mascara, but it's the only way.

I've been using this 2 years now (I think?).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by pimpnazt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes my lashes longer and thicker, and holds the curl well -- all using less product. Relatively inexpensive -- under ten bucks a pop -- and does the trick. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge or clump up. This is my favorite mascara!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

SPIDERY lashes! This mascara makes my lashes cringe and look funny. My lashes were going to different directions and all stick together. Hard to explain but they look like little spider legs. This mascara is harder to remove than other waterproof mascaras. Argh! Never buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was an okay waterproof mascara. I liked the Lash Lift better. Unless I wipe the wand with tissue first, it clumps. I prefer to just go. I've been in a quest to find the perfect waterproof and I think I'm still looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

oh my god, thank god i got this in a bogof, because it totally did NOT hold a curl, flaked off completely by the end of the day, sucked.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this on the strength of the Allure interview with Dick Page. Max Factor must have paid him well!!! I bought this in Black Waterproof formula and it smudges!! Threw it away and would never use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2006 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lemonchapstick

This product does lift the eyelashes and makes them look fuller. But it is a little clumpy. I think there are other mascaras that won't be so clumpy.