August 23, 2014 | 1744 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Blends Translucent Oil-Control powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE!!! This is my absolute most favorite powder of all time. I've been using this since it first came out years ago, I LOVE this powder and I hope it is NEVER discontinued. I would just die. My skin is very sensitive and very fair. The shade Clean 10 works beautifully on my skin. I have used it over liquid foundation or by itself. I usually wear it without liquid foundation or concealer. It gives me a touch of color but nothing dark at all. This product lasts a very long time as well. I usually buy one a year, maybe two. It's in a great compact that is very durable, never crumbles or breaks. HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this powder! It keeps my oily face shine free practically the entire day. I use this in conjunction with the skin clearing foundation and its an unbeatable acne controlling, shine combating combo.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kpharm2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this after reading so many great reviews online, and I was NOT impressed! I have very oily skin, and this did absolutely nothing to help! In fact, it seemed even oilier than usual. Then there was the color. This is supposed to be translucent, but I have very light skin and this gave me a horrendously unnatural looking brownish tint to my skin. Then there is the packaging, which is also terrible. There is no mirror, and the little brush is awful. It is almost impossible to actually get any powder on it, and it leaves little hairs all over your face.

And the worst part of all for me was the SMELL. I'm surprised I haven't seen any reviews that mention this yet. I am normally not very sensitive to scents, but this stuff almost made me puke any time I used it. I would have returned this, but unfortunately I threw away the receipt. So I tossed it in the trash after about a week of trying to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by GiuliaBandanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a 3.5. I don't have super oily skin, i just use this on my t-zone after i apply foundation to help set it. It doesn't have a ton of color (hence translucent) which i like because i can use it on other skin tones if i'm doing a friend's makeup. I just feel like i don't get a lot of product on my brush. i have mixed feeling towards this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I used this a while back, & I loved it! I used this as a finishing touch after I put on my foundation. This controls oil very well, but then again, I don't have oily skin. This powder never made me look cakey, never broke me out, & it didn't really change the color of my make up (unless you apply a lot of this, it may slightly change the color). I have also used this alone before, but it kind of made my face feel itchy so I usually used it with other make up. This is expensive. It does come with a fairly good amount though. I mostly stopped using this because like I said before, I barely get that oily so this wasn't something that I needed to have. Overall, this is a great oil control translucent powder. I would not reccommend this for people with super oily skin, because this isn't a heavy duty blotting powder. But, for people with normal, combination, or if you get a few oily spots, this is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Kris20

I really like this powder ..I moisturize with ponds cream use two different foundations one that is lighter I use maybelline 24hr stay and photo finish to contour my face that is a lot darker and then.I use a brush to put on this powder and set my foundation ..works perfect and get a ton of compliments! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by glitzypink

I absolutely love this powder! It's goes on smoothly, looks natural, controls oil, and best of all it really is translucent. I've tried other products that say they're translucent but end up going on much too light. With this powder I can do all of my makeup, including bronzer, put this over it and it still doesn't change the color of what I've put on. I also have the bronzer in this formula and love that as well. They last for-ever, so although this may be more expensive than other drugstore powders, you definitely get your money's worth. Ulta occasionally has Neutrogena 40% off, so if you want a reasonable way to try it, that's probably you're best bet. Overall, I wouldd definitely recommend this if you're looking for a natural looking finishing touch!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by imakeupaddict

i like this product because where i live it's always hot like 100+ during the summers, and during the fall and winters it can be anywhere from 90s to 60s. this powder keeps my face from getting way too oily. It even helps tone down some the redness on my face. i even noticed after ive been wasing my face its less red too. this product doesnt have any color in it at all really. the brush that comes with it is ok but it would be better to use a softer one and the compact could use a mirror.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by speedymouse

This doesn't control oil all that well for me, but I inherited oil-slick tendencies form my mom so not much does. It does add a nice polish to my skin. I don't know how to describe it - it doesn't give any coverage for my acne marks, but my skin looks more even.
I use a fluffy brush that came as a special with my mineral sheers compact to apply it, not the dinky little thing that comes in the packaging. It sets my tinted moisturizer well, and I also sometimes just wear it over concealer. I have to use blotting papers after two or three hours. I don't find that it looks chalky or powdery if I buff it in well. It feels nice on my skin too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lhopkins09

Love using this to set my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer; light, natural looking not chalky; I use this product on a daily basis.
Doesn't affect my sensitive, oily skin either to boot!