July 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Shampoo - Philip B. - White Truffle Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had originally reviewed the shampoo and conditioner together because I had started using them at the same time but now Ive tried them separately so I can review them separate, which is good because I LOVE the conditioner, but unfortunately the shampoo did not work for me at all.

This shampoo is very expensive, and I don't mind paying a lot for shampoo if it works well.. But this one didn't. first of all, it does not lather, so it doesn't feel clean. I use a lot, and shampoo twice.... and It leaves my hair feeling like it's been coated in something. when I blowdry my hair, it looks volumous and shiney, but does not do much for the frizz. the WORST part is, I use a curling iron or straightening iron on my hair, and when I do so, it feels stiff and sticky. Imagine putting mousse in your hair, then using ur iron. This shampoo just makes me feel like ive used a ton hard holding product in my hair and I hate the feel of that. after using this, my hair is not bouncy and soft at all. Also, if you use if a few times, you feel like you have buildup galore. the other high end shampoos I've used are Alterna Science of 10 and Bvlgari and both of those do a much better job with moisturising, cleansing, softening and added bounce. neither are as expensive as this one. (alterna is $60CAD and Bvlgari is about $40CAD). unfortunately I purchased a litre of this before reading the reviews. GET YOUR HAND ON A SAMPLE BEFORE BUYING THIS!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried several expensive haircarebrands lately and Philip B. is the most disappointing one by far. Fortunately I only tried this shampoo via several samples and didn't spend the money for the oroginal bottles.This shampoo does not lather at all, only if you put it on three or for times in a row. The smell is not offensive but not pleasant either and the hair definitely needs a conditioner afterwards.So, I'm unimpressed to put it mildly. I would have given it two stars but as the price is in no relation to the effect, I'll leave it with one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by rennyM

I can't believe how expensive and how bad is this product. I am actually ashamed for spending 80 USD for 330 ml and the only feeling I have every time I wash my hair with it is to throw it away. It lives my hair so sticky no matter how much I rinse it...very bad product I tried to use is in so many ways ...but I guess I am going to end up throwing it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MY FINE THIN HAIR LOVE IT!!
I like it better than the russian amber shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by THEBESTI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is definitely the truffle oil to use in your kitchen mixed with body lotion. its greasy and another bad investement. worst than the useless russian amber conditioner.
This has to be the worst brand philip b., that wasted my time, money causing hair damage and hair loss. not worth he stress, stick with what you know so you dont feel the level of stress and disappointment i went through. again i should havereturned the product to the retailer store, dont be impulsive like me and throw the products out, and dont be passive to leave the product stored. return is the only way to be assertive and fight for your money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by manozph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

adsadfa

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this shampoo on clearance at Ulta for $7. There is no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks I would ever buy this shampoo at full price. It takes a TON of product to wash my hair and I can't tell any difference when I've used it. I had read such great things about Phillip B. and hoped I was getting a great deal on the shampoo, but it was a huge disappointment.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo does not lather. At all. Which I find very irritating in a shampoo. Plus, it smells very badly and it is beyond insane expensive. However, I used it as a hair mask and got some decent results, that's why I'm generously giving it two lippies. But no way I'm buying this again. Philip B., you keep that for yourself.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Left my fine wavy/curly hair frizzy and limp (I tried it w different conditioners, different styling products, no success). One of the worst (and most expensive) hair products I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by archgirl06

The only reason I even bought this product, was I found it on clearance at ULTA for $14.99 (+ my 25% discount, made it pretty reasonable), surely more reasonable than the normal $55 price tag.

This stuff is not bad. I wouldn't say it's worth it's retail price, but it's a pretty decent shampoo. I use it once or twice a week on my very thick, curly dry hair that is usually further dried by stripping anti-dandruff shampoos. After I use this, my hair is soft! The smell takes some getting used to, and no I would not repurchase at the retail price, but at $11.25, I definitely would. I actually wished I stocked up.

Thankfully, since you only need it once or twice a week, I'm not even halfway done with mine and I've had it a bit over a month.