October 21, 2014 | 1900 users online

Toners - C.O. Bigelow - Oily Skin Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by seasonal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product and just found out it's been discontinued. I am at a loss for a good replacement if anyone has any suggestions. I have combination skin and this toner is better in the summer but I still use it during the winter. It makes your skin feel so clean and the smell is lovely. Please C.O. Bigelow, reconsider...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rachellll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't like this product. It works really well at first- mattifies skin completely...but it doesn't do anything to control the oil so the matte look doesn't last long at all. I think you could easily find something like this at a drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2006 6:07:00 AM More reviews by mkdandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence about this toner. It does leave my skin feeling cleaner after use and has kept my skin less oilier than usual which is a plus. My gripe about it is that it's a bit harsh on my combo (in the winter)/oily (in the summer) skin and just applying it on my cheeks stings my eyes. I'm a contact lens wearer btw. While I like the citrus scent, there's also too much alcohol in it for me that the scent overwhelms my nostrils, so I took two lippies off for the stinging and strong alcohol content.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

Right now its winter and my skin is a little dryer and more sensitive so i'm not going to try this on my face till summer but it's working so well on my back and chest! I usually get small breakouts on my back and chest but nightly applications have helped alot. Also this smells soooo good! Update: Sorta forgot about this product but recently I ran out of my makeup removing wipes and so I was looking for a toner or something to get my makeup off. I tried this and it actually works very well! I use about two cotton pads to get off my moderate face makeup. Never thought I would really use it like that but it works surprisingly well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by shellylyn

This is the best toner ever! I have extremely oily skin and have tried numerous products, none have given me the results that this product has. I highly reccomend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by maggierose4

This toner is so refreshing and tingly after a hot, humid day. It has a tart citrus smell from the combination of grapefruit, lemon and mandarin extracts in it. The formula also contains witch hazel and salicylic acid for mild exfoliation. After use this toner leaves a slight film which I assume are the oil control ingredients. The film actually helps my makeup stick to my skin better in the summer. This toner hasn't irritated my skin or left it too dry. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by xtinag8r

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, refreshing toner with a great citrus smell and a mild exfoliating effect due to the salicylic acid. It does contain silicates to help absorb oil, but the effect is mild to negligible at best.

That said, you would definitely NOT want to use this toner if you had dry or sensitive skin. It contains alcohol and salicylic acid. On my tough, hyper-oily skin, it's refreshing, but I can see it burning someone with more sensitive skin.

Would definitely repurchase!

Price: $15 for 8 oz.
Found at Bath and Body Works or www.bigelowchemists.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by cherylm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for 1 month. It is a great toner that has helped control my oily skin. I've had no breakouts since using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Fuzedbulb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face usually hates toners, and the only toner (besides this one) that has worked for my skin is the ProActiv one. This one has salycilic acid in it, along with other extracts, and my skin feels soo refreshed after using it! It doesn't leave a sticky residue or anything, and didn't make me break out at all! Will repurchase (and might try Bigelow's rose tonic too)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by mzsassy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this toner. It seems to do its job without being so harsh on my face. The price is a little high, but I've found it to be worth the investment.