October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bedhead Superstar Queen For a Day Thickening Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

3.5/5 lippies for sure.

I bought this product because stylists rave about it on this one blog I love, intothegloss.com
Supposedly all these stylists use it during runway shows.

Thickening: This product is great at thickening and adding texture and grip to your hair.

Volumizing: I don't find that this product volumizes more or better than drugstore products. It does create great lift and volume but like drugstore products, it falls flat pretty quick. I also didn't find that it extended my "clean hair" to a second day like some reviewers mentioned. I've had hair products do that before, and this wasn't it.

Overall: I feel this is an expensive version of a drugstore volumizing product. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bed Head Queen for a day thickening spray.
Ok so let me first say that I have fine hair but plenty of it in a bob and a fringe and my hair can look pretty flat without back-combing. I usually use mousses's along with voluminous hair techniques like back combing. Only problem with back combing is makes hair super knotty and is terrible for hair split ends, dry hair blah blah. So I was on the hunt for some products that would hopefully give me that oomph. Lets just say I found it right here with Bed Head. After them using bed head at my salon I love all the smells and cute packaging when my hairdresser does my highlights and cut so was tempted to treat myself to a few of their products. I love this spray when sprayed onto dry hair into sections and then blow dry each sections finishing my straightening. This is a 'heat activated' product and therefore requires you to use heat on your hair for it to work. It seemed like the more heat I was using the more volume I was getting. I can't honestly believe how much beautiful volume this product gave me it smells absolutely lush, quite citrus and fresh but seriously no joke it makes me look like I have twice as much hair. I absolutely adore everything about this product and will continue to repurchase as it really hits the spot. Well worth every penny for me! Well impressed!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rainydaygrl

I have a classic Bob hairstyle that I love but can at times look a little flat, especially in hot humid SC. I found this product on a clearance rack at TJ Max (outer cap missing) for 5.00 and thought it worth a try. I love it but I don't use it on wet hair, after drying my hair I flip hair to one side, lightly spray with Superstar then take my hands and run from bottom up to roots, flip hair to the other side and repeat. After doing this my hair will be standing up looking crazy/ scary but again using my fingers I pull hair from underneath placing it how I want it to lay. The top layer I leave a little looser/ textured looking. For me it works wonderful, not crunchy or sticky just thicker/ volume. Start out using a light spray you can always add more. Although I got a great deal on this can I would pay full price in the future . Youtube has a couple of good videos with helpful info on using. Hope this is helpful, good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by pipaya

The packaging is cute, the smell super sweet, but i really don't think it does much more than make my hair a bit greasy! The spray nozzle is pretty crappy too. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by z71krystal

This product is not going to give you that big, sassy, "Dallas" hair but for an everyday thickining spray its great. I love the way it keeps my normally oily hair looking clean all day. It gives it a noticeable amount of body without looking too full for the office.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mdeering5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is great, but don't use as directed. I bought this to use on my 2nd day hair because I like the dispenser. I was not dissapointed. I spray some on my roots blow dry with my head upside down, hit my roots with the cool shot and flip my hair back. Amazing volume for 2nd day hair. I'm taking one lippie off because I tried it on wet hair and was not impressed. I prefer the Catwalk Root Boost on wet hair.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by curlandteasexo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to blow dry my hair a lot and I tried this out the way it's supposed to be used: sprayed on the roots and then blow-dried. It really didn't work well that way for me at all; I just got weighed down roots. Now that my hair is longer I don't want to spend the extra time blow drying my hair so I do what the other reviewer does: I spray it onto the ponytail part of my hair only after putting in some leave in conditioner and twist it into a bun and sleep in it. I only started doing this because I have a ton of hair products that I used a lot with short hair but now don't need with my longer hair, so I'm thinking of creative ways of using things up. Who knew that uses this like a mousse on the length of my hair works better than regular mousse?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Amomof5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does nothing for my hair at all. Unfortunately it just sits collecting dust. Not good

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I love this stuff. It smells AMAZING. However, you either love TiGi scents or you hate them and if you hate them you won't like this. It's very sweet... like wearing cotton candy on your head.

It's a moderate thickener (rusk Thick is better) but I will keep using it because I think I might be addicted to the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mo5050

I have really fine hair, but masses of it, so getting volume in my hair is always such a chore. I used to use mousse in my hair, but it always seemed too heavy and made my hair sticky - so I thought I'd give this a go.
It's nothing special. The first thing that annoyed me about it was that it awkwardly squirts instead of spraying so I can't directly spray it onto my hair. Instead I spray it on my fingers and work into my hair, and it seems to work better this way. It gives alright volume.. nothing major but it still makes the difference. I do like it because it's very easy to use and doesn't go icky sticky or weigh my hair down at all. And obviously because it's TiGi - it smells divine :)
I payed around 10 for this which isn't bad considering the size of the bottle, and it will probably last me a very long time. I'll probably repurchase unless I find something better (quite keen to try the S Factor Body Booster).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No