November 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Candles - Tyler Candle Company

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a votive candle as a gift. It was called sugar cookie and didn't seem to smell that great unlit. However, once I started burning it it smelled wonderful! Its really made the entire room it was in smell delicious and it also burned for quite a while. I had no trouble with smoking from it. My only frustration was that it smelled so good I wanted to eat it! I think I'm going to buy a non-food scented one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by z71krystal

Love these candles! I have tried so many different brands over the years and have never found one that really just fit my type, until now. These smell like a perfume. A friend summed it up really well "Oh these candles smell great, they make your house interesting!". I love High Maintence, but my favorite is Diva. It is just a beautiful scent. They are both great to give as gifts to and I always include them in my holiday gift baskets. Give them a try, they will be your new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lakewood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been buying Tyler candles for years, after receiving the French Market scent as a gift. Many of the candles have a good throw, so you can fill a large room. While I enjoy their food and fruity scents, what I like best and - what I think makes this candle company fun and different - are the scents that smell like expensive feminine perfume. Some of my favorites on the perfume spectrum: Goldleaves, Miss Priss, Girly Girl, Hollywood, Head Over Heals, Upgrade and Prestige. I recently tried Icon which smells exactly like a man's cologne, so it makes for a nice change of pace. Tyler Roses is a perfect rose scent, and gardenia really is gardenia. There were also some I didn't like and felt they had a "crayola" or "chemical" smell - Passion, Fleur de Lis, Mulberry, Mediterranian Fig. Scents are so subjective, though, so I can't say everyone would react to any of these the way I do. I buy online, and votives are a cheap, easy way to try a bunch of them without a huge commitment, financial or otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by txutah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought 3.4 ounce Tyler High Maintenance candle from a specialty boutique store for my sister one Christmas. Next time I came to visit the candle was burning and it smelled so expensive. Does expensive have a smell? Lol; I'm a dork!

Tyler's website says, this "Tyler Candle Company's 1 fragrance! Floral, woody blends combine with patchouli and vanilla with a heavy musk undertone. Very sophisticated and truly addictive!"

Okay sophisticated is a better word. My brother in law was the one who feel in love with this candle (its probably the vanilla--men love vanilla), prices are average--think Yankee Candle, but lasts a long time so it's worth it. If you want to try a candle from their line this is the first one to try. Word of caution: it is very potent, but maybe you might like that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend got me the 11.5oz jar candle in High Maintainence for Christmas. The scent is a mix of musk, vanilla, patchouli and florals (all of which I typically hate), and it is so unique. I think the most appropriate word would be intoxicating, actually. It's a very sensual, perfumey scent, and the throw is great. The candle burns cleanly and evenly, and leaves very little wax after burning out. The color for this particular scent is almost khaki, and the jar is not beautiful but not bad. The price is decent, and I would repurchase this scent again. However, I have sniffed every other scent this brand makes and have not found another that I even remotely enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tsd715

These are my new favorite candles! I received my first 2 as Christmas gifts this past holiday season and have developed a new obsession... I have yet to find a scent they offer that I don't love. (Although I'm sure it's inevitable) Even the votives are long lasting and high quality. Run. Buy all you can. Stock up and invigorate, calm or just delight yourself!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by dorinmoz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was walking down the Strand in Galveston a few years ago (long before Ike) and my boyfriend, (who is NOT into girly things at all, he's a man's man) asked if I had smelled the candle burning next door to the shop we were in, and if he pointed it out, I knew it must be something special :)
We went in to look and it was Tyler Candle Co's "French Market." It has been my absolute favorite scent ever. It smells good even when it is not burning. When I was looking it up online, I found a couple of other people who had also discovered it along the Strand in Galveston. Its scent description is tuberose and gardenia, but you have to smell it to see what I am talking about. Their others are amazing as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

Goldleaves is my absolute favorite! It's the only one I keep repurchasing. It's described as jasmine, hyacinth and exotic lily of the valley meld with a background of moss and musk to create an elaborate feast for the senses. All in all, I tried about 6 different scents. Most were ok but Goldleaves was the biggest hit. I can't remember what the other fragrances were. I buy from suepatrick.com for the free shipping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tyler candles are hit or miss for me. I've tried at least 9 of their scents and most had practically no throw but the 2 standouts for me would be High Profile (my favorite) and Prestige. They were very strong and scented my large room pretty fast. High Profile is a very seductive floral/citrus blend that's outta this world! Prestige has a sensual musky aroma. I liked High Maintenace but it didn't throw too well. One of the minor problems I do have with these candles is that the wicks mushroom while burning - even after proper trimming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am writing this review on Tyler Fragrance Fuels for fragrance/effusion lamps such as La Tee Da and Lampe Berger, etc. and am hoping more of you will do the same in the future as reviews for lamp fuel scents are nearly impossible to find online! I know taste in scents is VERY subjective, so please take no offense if I don't care for a scent you like! First of all, I tried Tyler's fuel called Passion, which is supposedly a dupe of Circle E's Bird of Paradise candle. I've never smelled that candle but have read lots of rave reviews about it. It's described as strawberries sprinkled with vanilla and coconut and topped with loads of whipped creme -- how delightful! Well, lit it up my in lamp and while it was kind of pleasant at first, it ended up smelling rather synthetic and started to make me a bit ill. I had had high hopes for this one and was quite disappointed. Tyler's next fuel I lit up was called Paris. I smelled their Paris candle in a gift shop and thought it smelled very pretty so I thought I'd enjoy the fuel. Paris is described as smelling of bergamont, rose and wild berries. Well, the burning fuel smelled nothing like I had remembered the candle smelling like and I could hardly stomach five minutes of it, unlike the Passion, which I burned for a bit over an hour to give it a fair shake. Ugghhh, strong rose and synthetic red berry to me. Put it out quickly. To be fair though, I really am not a berry scent person. On to the next fuel, called Tyler (formerly called Panache). This is described as "bursting with the medley of currant and grapefruit. A dash of green undertones adds an opulent twist! Firmly grounded with confidence!" by Tyler. This was the one I liked the most of the three. Lots of grapefruit follwed by the current. Smelled strong but fresh, which allowed me to tolerate it much more than the other two. I liked it, but am still on the hunt for something I like better, something I just love. I hope to find Tyler fuel(s) to burn in my lamps that make my home smell inviting, peaceful and unique...and will definitely update when I do. P.S. Any lamp fuel recs/brand recs would be higly appreciated!