November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Water-soluble Facial Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this many years ago... but then I started breaking out after about a year of use. I stopped for about a year and started taking birth control. I began using this only at night to take off all my makeup and cleanse and this is the best cleanser. I have VERY sensitive skin and this stuff rocks. I love it and I never wanna be without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bravemary

I bought this in the oily-combo type. It is fantastic. It cleans without stripping, my pores look great and my skin is not dired out. I even gave some to my eleven year old who's forehead is (was) covered in tiny little zits. This had a very calming effect on her skin and it improve3d immediately. I cannot imagine a better cleanser. My skin is so soft. Even my daughter remarked how good her skin feels and it is all she uses now. The only downside is, you cannot travel with this stuff. No matter how well sealed the bottle is, it leaks. And the moisturizer, another great product, extremely leaky. I cannot express how much I love this product despite the leaks.
Update, the moiturizer will now be made with a leak proof bottle, yay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a pretty decent product, but I prefer DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil. First, ever since La Vitton changed its name to Laventine and hiked the prices, the cost difference between DHC and this cleansing oil is smaller. Laventine's is $24.95 for 8 oz. and DHC's is $24 for 6.7 oz. If you look around (especially on eBay) you can usually find the DHC stuff for a buck or two less. DHC also has a sale on the DCO at least once a year, which is a perfect time to stock up. The samples are a great bonus. Shipping for orders under $30 at DHC is $5 (free at $75) and shipping for orders under $29.95 at Laventine is $5.95 (free over $30).

I prefer the packaging for the Laventine bottles, which are less prone to tipping over and just look nicer. But DHC's bottle takes up less cabinet space. Laventine packages its cleansing oil rather wastefully with lots of unnecessary extra ribbons, etc. DHC also offers a smaller size version of the cleansing oil for $11, with a nice cap and lockable pump top, which is VERY convenient for travel (though I still seal it in a ziplock baggie). Both cleansers do an equally good job of removing my sunscreen and makeup (including waterproof mascara). Both rinse cleanly and leave no residue to clog my pores. They smell the same (faint olive oil scent) but DHC's cleanser is thicker and not as runny as the Laventine stuff.

Unfortunately, the Laventine stuff irritates my eyes, something the DHC oil has never done. For some reason the burning/irritation goes away once I'm about 2/3 of the way through the bottle, but it's a big minus for me since I have to use oil to remove my eye makeup. Because of this, and since the cost difference is (to me) minimal, I'll stick with the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rosieu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear quite a bit eye makeup and I was lucky to find this precious cleansing oil. I wear contacts and my eyes are very sensitive, so finding a non-irritating eye makeup remover isn't easy for me, but this cleanser is just amazing. Laventine (its new name) literally melts all makeup away without tugs and rubs. I have oily skin and I think the cleansing oil actually balances it and makes it less oily. I've found it's also great to clean clay mask or my home-made egg facials.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by KarenMolson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is hand down the best makeup remover. DHC deep cleansing oil, which also works well, but it has an artificial smell quite different from natural olive oil, and the color is very dark. The Laventine cleansing oil has a lavender scent which is very pleasing, and the oil color is light and sparkling. As for cleansing power, both DHC and Laventine work in the similar way: the oil dissolves the makeup and rinses clean with water. Both main ingredients being olive oil, but again Laventine has more natural and simpler ingredients. DHC is easier to carry around as its bottle is smaller and kind of flat, plus it has a travel sized version. I have Laventine on my bathroom vanity and DHC travel in my travel bag, and I love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by LisaD73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really works! Laventine does live up to the good reviews here at MUA. I was expecting some harsh chemical smell of this oil-based cleanser, but it smells mild and clean, sweet lavender. The oil works something like a thinner, loosing up all the makeup/sunscreen/mascara… and dissolves into water. My face doesn’t feel greasy at all after using it. This is one of those natural products that really work for me. Can’t wait to try the olive forte version.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by PollyTM

I have very sensitive skin but Laventine's cleansing oil never causes any problems. In fact, it helps sooth and calm the redness on my cheeks quite a bit while totally removing my concealer and sunblock. I'm using the cleansing oil for dry skin, which has a nice lavender scent. This cleanser is definitely for people with sensitive skin because it's basically a mix of vegetable oils processed in a way that it melts in water. It literally turns to 'milk' when rinsing with water. I'll for sure buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ClaudiaW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a fairly large scar in my face which needs power oil-based concealer (aka covermark) on daily basis. For my regular cleansers, they just push and smear the makeup around, won't remove completely. Laventine's cleansing oil, however, dissolves the makeup beautifully, and turns it into some mixture which rinses clean just by water. I thought it works the same way as a soap, but apparently it's different. The cleansing oil itself apparently has been treated so it's soluble both in water and oil, hence the secret. Anyway, I just love how it works nicely for my skin. I'm also surprised how this oil can possibly cause breakouts, because it actually takes oil, even blackheads from my face. The only concern is probably it might take too much oil and over-dry your skin if you have super dry skin or your water is too hot. But from my experience, it definitely won't cause breakouts. I'll for sure buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

All of La Vitton and Laventine's products break me out. Plus, what's up w/ this company making up fake accounts to highly rate their products???

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by grich17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my HG cleanser for a year or two now. I'm 45 and was diagnosed with rosacea a couple of years ago. Tried everything the derm suggested - cleansers, oral and topical meds, nothing worked. Eliminated "triggers" from my diet, starting using this and Linda Sy oil as treatment, and I rarely have flareups any more. I use the one for N-O in the summer and N-D in the winter. Easily cleanses high SPF Euro sunscreens and makeup, leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable. And it's reasonably priced!