July 29, 2014 | 2041 users online

Cleansers - Ren - Rose Centifolia Facial Wash-Normal skin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by tinynim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had heard great things about this, so was really excited to get a sample of it free with a magazine.

It was labelled for all skin types, so wasn't too concerned about it not being suitable for my combo, slightly sensitive skin. I see from other reviews that the full size is more clearly labelled for normal skin.

My skin doesn't generally like cream-style hot cloth cleansers, it responds much better to balms, so I should have known it wouldn't like this. Although great at makeup removal it left my skin feeling slightly itchy, and despite cleansing again with a different cleanser to remove residue the next day my skin was red.

So wouldn't recommend for anyone with even slight sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Happyfaced

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great. I currently have normal skin (under control with Dianette) so needed something non-drying and non-oily, but which could shift the makeup that I wear to cover acne scars. This gets rid of everything, including Benefit 'They're Real' waterproof mascara. I like to double cleanse and go over it with toner on a cotton pad. Nothing is ever left on the pad after using this. It has a very thin gel-like texture, not far removed from washing with water alone. I disagree that it smells artificial, anyway, Ren don't use any artificial fragrances. Also, one thing I dislike is when rating for products are skewed by a few people who use the products despite them being wrong for their skin type and then post negatives (have just read one woman give Benefit Lemonaid eyelid colour correcting primer, which is bright yellow, a negative for being too yellow as an under eye concealer. Seriously.) A few people with sensitive skin have marked down this doing saying that they found this to be harsh, when it's a product for normal skin which isn't reactive. REN do a sensitive skin range. Normal skin should not react to this face wash. If it does, it is not normal skin. Sorry for the rant.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by magsfarm

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If I'm going to spend this much on facial cleanser, I really want to be in love with it, and that did not happen here. The most annoying feature is that the cleanser seems very generic-there was nothing about it that struck me as unique and must-have. The gel is fine, but does not really lather into nice-feeling suds, nor does it go on as a smooth cream. The rose scent is fake-smelling and perfumey-definitely not a "natural" scent. And I didn't feel great after using it-nor did I see any noticeable change in my skin's cleanliness after using it for a few months. I'm going to move entirely to MyChelle products as REN is overpriced and not that great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for normal skin and came in a set that includes their famous Glycolactic mask. But i ended up loving this cleanser more than the mask. I only use this in the morning because its not meant to remove makeup. It cleanses my face so well and yet feels so gentle and does not dry my skin. I have combination skin with pretty dry cheeks. This cleanser feels so gentle, delicate, pure and effective. After washing, my face feel clean yet very comfortable, moist, refreshed... amazing!!!

Texture - light, watery, transparent gel, feels very refreshing. Foams mildly.
Smell - of essential oil, mostly lavenderish scent

The best facial cleanser I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I finished this product and so pleased w/this gentle cleanser. It's gentle and didn't overly stripped my combo skin. I used to use Philosophy Purity w/my clarisonic but this does a better job at taking off my makeup. Definitely repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by joyechols

Not only is this cleanser very clean in terms of being natural and non-toxic, but the packaging prevents airborne exposure to help the product maintain effectiveness.

I was very pleased with the cleanser, it left my skin moist, not stripped, toned, and refreshed. The smell was very light, and subtle with hints of aloe and rose. The texture was gel like, and also it didn't really lather up well, it was very effective at cleaning.

Only complaint is that the pump should be more durable, have had two malfunction after rolling out of shower. But will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this quite a lot, but I don't LOVE it. Good refreshing cleanser for my face with a nice rose scent. Have concerns about whether it is actually getting my make-up off or not. My skin does feel very nice after using it. Very expensive though and it didn't last me very long (had to use a lot to feel clean)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by golightly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I can't seem to find a gentle cleanser I like under $30, but so it goes. I might buy this again, but I might not. It smells pleasant, is pleasant to use, and leaves my face smooth and not overly stripped. I use it as the second step in a double cleanse with Softymo cleansing oil, so I can't attest to the makeup removing qualities. A gentle cleanser, along the lines of Avene soapless cleanser and Fresh soy cleanser. It has nice ingredients (including aloe vera), especially nicer in relation to the soy cleanser, and is mostly pretty soothing. Not holy grail status, but isn't bad either.

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Coco Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Aminoacids, Rosa Centifolia Flower Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Parfum* (Fragrance), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Geraniol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Lactic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by cc628moon

Last time I used the mayblossom cleanser, which I wasn't impressed at all; but this time with the rosa cleanser, it is just good:)

I actually have combination skin, but not the kind with really oily T-zone, I think maybe that reason the mayblossom was not suitable for me. For those who has normal or slightly combination, try this one.

After wash my face, it keeps my face calm (from the break out of using unsuitable products) and doesn't dry me out, i don't actually know does it make my skin soft, but as a cleanser with no harmful ingredients, it does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by skinnie302

Nice gentle face wash. I use one pump and it foams up nicely and rinses clean. My face feels soft after using and not tight. The packaging is great b/c you can get out the very last drop of product.