August 28, 2014 | 1467 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Lanikoerte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of those face washes I keep buying every 6 months or so after switching to try something new I continue to go back to this product. It's not foaming which i don't like. I also don't like how it feels like wet lotion on your face. I have normal skin so if your skin is pretty dry id assume it's moisturizing since it literally feels like lotion. It takes my make up off well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a month and I think it has become my HG face wash. I have very sensitive skin and had previously been using awful products like Philosophy's purity face wash and Purpose's gentle cleansing wash (which wasn't TOO bad, but it contained fragrance). My skin was irritated so I needed to find something that was gentle, could be bought in the drug store, and didn't contain fragrance.
This is super gentle and leaves my face feeling super soft. It washes really well and so far I have had no break outs from using this. I really love it so much. It's also super affordable, I bought it for $4 at Rite Aid.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i buy this because it does not have added fragrance and claims to be gentle. i have no complaints (other than it doesn't travel well). the price ($4-5) is great considering that you usually have to pay a premium for unscented, gentle products.

i bought this a while ago (it lasts a long time) when the bottle packaging was blue. now it's white, and they've added "soap free" so they might have changed the formulation, or just added a new benefit to the tagline and changed only the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by love19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product its amazing, I have sensitive acne prone skin and I use this cleanser at night and in the mornings. It foams up really nicely when lathered, and I feel like it cleans my skin fairly well. I will say that is is quite drying to the skin so using a moisturizer in combination with it is a must.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kept trying to go back to this but I don't know why. It always gives me weird bumps on my face. whitehead like bumps. no bueno. adios olay. Gave it to my mom cuz she always uses it already. She's never had acne in her life so it's safe for her.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST CLEANSER! Although it says "foaming" it isn't very foaming but it does foam a little bit. I have the most combination skin in the world, that means extra dry flaky, sensitive skin, normal skin and oily/acne prone skin. So this cleanser is for ALL skin types. It cleanses well and gets rid of majority of my makeup (or all of it with a cleansing tool) as most good cleansers do. It has a cushiony and smooth texture which might feel slimy but I think it's great as long as you rinse well, plus my skin does not feel tight afterwards. My skin feel so much better after cleansing with this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by akhyllberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive...doesn't-like-any-face-wash-or-any-skin-product... skin. It's oily and loves having at LEAST 1+ pimple to decorate it, always. Same rundown as most acne people - I've had it all my life, literally since birth; had baby acne. Tried everything. From 10 - 18 years old I used ALL THE SKIN PRODUCTS (you know who you are) that were extremely harsh which killed my skin. In college I used topical prescription meds that worked wonderfully, but were really expensive (darn you acne meds for being a cosmetic need and not covered by insurance!). After college I thought... I'll go the natural route. That'll show my pores who's boss! What better than to give my natural skin some natural skin products? A cure was in the making ...Nope!! My acne was the worst during the 'natural' phase (also during the Pro-Active phase... BAD!!!). And I used everything from straight up honey and apple cider vinegar to making my own toners and trying the oil cleansing method. My face was like "I HATE YOU" and errupted in lots of cystic acne for several years. This year I decided to back to drugstore brands after feeling confident that everything wasn't going to give me cancer if it didn't say "natural" or "organic" on it. I researched and made a careful decision.... Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash is the winner!!! Got the idea from the acne.org website after trying that method out and deciding I didn't want to be putting on benzoyl peroxide all the time (time, money, bleaching - you know - general laziness). But let me tell you - of all things - I LOVE THIS FACE WASH. LOVE LOVE LOVE. If I were to ever have a holy grail of a product, and I don't use that term lightly (*see "skin hates everything"), it would be this face wash. Yes it's not perfect, but my skin has FINALLY CLEARED UP. Take that, you acne-cious scum!!! My method? Simple and perfect for me:
1. Wash face with Olay in the morning
2. Wash face with water at night. Use jojoba oil if awake enough to apply.
3. If I'm feeling extra fancy - use green clay mask or sugar scrub (literally adding plain ol' sugar to that Olay)

Ta-Da!!!! It doesn't dry out my skin. It DOES feel like there's a little film left over, but I could care less because at least it's not drying out my skin and making it tight after each wash. Honestly, of all things, I'm extremely surprised this worked for me. Still on the hunt for a good moisturizer - because, honey, finding a good moisturizer that doesn't break me out is like me attempting to climb Mt. Everest. It's not impossible, it's just...... a very difficult thing to do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Jennetteinil

I've been using this face wash for about 2 weeks & I pair it with my ecotools complexion sponge & it cleans my skin without over drying!! My skin is so smooth & soft after cleaning. After cleansing I apply the Olay Regenerist Luminous Cream & my skin has improved 100%!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Emilynyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily <--- I'm forreal it's oily and clog prone skin which I hate. I'm sensitive to almost about everything. This cleanser does NOT foam up easily you have to have a lot of water on your hands for it to foam up. It's a pretty decent cleanser but it's not for me. I broke out with a whole bunch of whiteheads which I usually never get (only a few once in a while). This doesn't really get rid of acne which I'm also prone to. Still on the look for a good cleanser and this is definitely not it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gentle and effective enough if you are not wearing heavy make up. Compares favorably to Neutrogena Ultra Gentle , but Foaming Face Wash is a misnomer. It does not foam much and you need a substantial glop especially when using a Clarisonic. Nothing special, but does the job, sort of like a 2003 Corolla.