Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

Water , Glycerin ,Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Sodium Lauroamphoacetate , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Polyquaternium-10 , PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide MEA , Laureth-10 , Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate , Sodium Trideceth Sulfate , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , DMDM Hydantoin. 6/25/12

Broke me out like crazy. Not for me.

I used this foaming ace wash at one time and I loved it but I wanted to search around and I wound up coming back to it. Here is why I love it . You get a lot of product I'm talking 7oz of sensitive foaming cleanser . It comes in a pump or a squeeze tube. I love the squeeze tube because I think it is great for travel. It is unscented and a little goes a long way and the price it is around $5.00 and sold almost everywhere . And it removes my makeup gently. Let me say that again it removes all of my makeup gently every last bit of a makeup from my full face of makeup . I have combined this cleanser with the St. Ives apricot scrub if I want to exfoliate maybe once or twice a week. I really think this is a hidden gem . I have combination/oily skin and it works for me skin perfectly.

I used this cleanser to clean my face in the morning and at bedtime, every day for the last couple of months.

Pros: It does its job of cleansing the face. It has a mild scent, it's not irritating and never broke me out.

Cons: It's difficult to squeeze out the product when the tube is reaching the end. I would've preferred if it were in a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser used to have a pump and doesn't anymore. I own both the old and new version. Even though it claims to be the same product, the no pump version doesn't leave the residue about which other reviewers complain and it seems to take off makeup better. My conclusion is that it is a good cleanser (new version) for the price which removes makeup and doesn't irritate skin. It doesn't have any sent which is nice and foams easily. It is also cheap. The pump one which I would give four stars wasn't that great as the biggest issue was the residue and poor make up taking off qualities.

I have some dry skin along with sensitive, and this face wash works! I have had black heads around and on my nose for years, and after a week of using this, they are finally going away! I have used Purpose, Clinique, Cetaphil, and a few other products meant for my skin type all claiming yet not working well for my clogged pores. I have also been using Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion with it, but I was also using that before this face wash, so it may be the combination. All in all, I'm finally on the road to clearer skin. It smells fine, and I hate bad smells so I know. It's very easy to use for both day and night, and it is my first permanent product, besides Beadhead shampoo, to keep in stock.

One of the best cleansers I've ever used. I'm combination skin and I break out if I over moisturize. Yet, many cleansers for oily skin leave me with that taut feeling on my skin. I'm also allergic to chemical fragrance, and my skin is sensitive to fragrant plant oils. This cleanser is perfect, not too drying not too moisturizing. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause me to breakout. I use it morning and night.

I have used pricey Cinique products on my face. They have given me great results. However, I wanted something a little cheaper, so I decided to use this foaming wash since it was so cheap. After using the product I realized that my face began to break out with white heads and pimples everywhere. I have never had acne problems! EVER. The only thing different I was doing was using this product. I do not recommend this foaming wash. unless u want to have a face full of pimples and white heads. No I will not buy this product ever again.

Not bad. Not the greatest, but not bad.
Obviously, I appreciate the 'sensitive skin' aspect, as many products tend to break me out (even some labelled as being for 'sensitive skin'). I get no irritation from this. Really no scent, maybe if anything a very mild 'clean' scent.

This however, I find does not clean 100%, beyond the surface skin. I find it really does not remove makeup very well. I often have to go back over with a cotton round and my Boots sensitive skin toner and I still see makeup on the cotton round. And yes, I use plenty of cleanser and foam it up a while on my skin and rinse it really well. It just, for me, ime, just gets the very surface of the skin. Also on hot humid days here (we are in the dog days of Summer here), I find the same thing happens on days that I wear no makeup, I still get oil/dirt appearing on the toner-applied-cotton-round after using this.

I am thinking this will be great for Wintertime, when my skin needs a gentler cleanser. I just often do not feel like my skin is completely clean after using this. But, bear in mind, I tend to be oily, too. So I think if you've got dry or combo skin, this might work really well for you. I will keep it and use it for the Winter, because I have been having trouble finding cleansers in the Winter that do not dry my skin out. Also, as I said, I appreciate that this does not irritate my skin (or nose) and does not break me out. So, I am okay to 'need' a toner or a separate cleaning scrub afterward with this. Some days, you just have to up the cleansing routine, anyway!!

That all said, I marked no, I would not re-purchase. I will stick with my Boots Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash, which, imo and ime, removes makeup better than this and removes oil better than this, and does not irritate my skin (although, in the Winter, the Boots even seems a little 'too harsh' for me..ahh, it is a catch-22 situation, sometimes!!!)

I did give it 4 stars because I see potential with this and I appreciate a product that truly does not irritate the skin as it claims being for sensitive skin. Not a bad cleanser, just not the greatest!! I guess maybe it is hard to be for sensitive skin and yet still get a deep-down clean..? But in this day and age, it should be possible, right..?

Update: I spoke too soon (original review below). Apparently my skin had a 3-day honeymoon with this product, then on day 4 I woke up with rashy-looking skin and tons of whiteheads and clogged pores. There is a feeling of the cleanser not washing completely off, so I'm guessing the film/residue it left behind clogged my pores and gave me pimples. Sad, since the product is cheap, gentle, and easy to use. Still, I can't give a good rating to a product that causes breakouts.

Original review: I purchased this product a week ago after looking for a gentle face wash that would still remove makeup and seeing a lot of positive reviews on here. And wow, I'm so glad I did! This face wash is gentle, has no fragrance that I can detect, comes in convenient squeezy-tube packaging, is cheap (I paid $3.99 USD at Fred Meyer), and a little seems to go a long way. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and after using this for a few days my skin is calm and soft and even has fewer breakouts! I'm guessing my old face wash was irritating my skin too much, so I feel silly for not having tried this sooner! My face is definitely happier now. :-)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is my staple face wash. I have acne prone skin that gets irritated with many products, so I was looking for a gentle facewash to use with my Clarisonic Mia to take off the full face of makeup everyday without irritating my skin. This easily takes it right off, and you really do feel clean and refreshed after every wash. It doesn't hurt to try, especially with it's amazing price. About to go buy my third!