April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not a Face Wash for me, but still a MUST

If you are at the drugstore looking for a gentle fragrance free foaming cleanser, you can't do better than this one. Clean & Clear also make something similar but I could not tolerate its fragrance. This is much much better and the price difference is not that much.

Don't forget to use first a waterproof makeup remover if you apply longwear makeup. This is not as strong as some other cleansers out there, but that is what makes it also less harsh.

If you are travelling.. during your last use.. when you're getting out the usual amount.. remember to not release the pump nozzle but screw it completely down. Now you can secure it with a bit of tape and throw it directly into your suitcase if you like.

Note: This cleanser has been around for a while and Olay is known for frequently repackaging their products. But the formula has remained the same throughout. Currently it is sold in a 7.0 fl oz tube as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is another product I keep coming back to. I've been using this on and off for MANY years.

P&G overhauled the packaging of their foaming cleanser a couple of years ago (blue bottle/white pump instead of white bottle/black pump), but THANK HEAVEN they left the formula the same.

I like the pump bottle, the fragrance-free variety, and what I consider to be a low SLS formula. Unlike other foaming cleansers, this one also contains non-sulfate surfactants. So although it's not SLS-free, at least it contains less and therefore is not as drying as other cleansers (both drugstore and department store varieties).

I tried Neutrogena's Foaming Face Wash, but found it to be more expensive but not more effective at removing makeup than Olay's Face Wash. I also tried Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser, which stripped every drop of oil from my face and left it dry and flakey. Plus a few other cleansers not worth mentioning.

I'll probably always try out other cleansers in search of a HG, but this one is always within easy reach.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

I've been using this face wash for about 2 months now and so far I'm liking it. It gently removes make up with a good lather. It does leave my skin nice and moisterised with a little bit of a film so i can see why its good for dry / sensitive skin. I just make sure i rinse off really well and follow it up with a toner to make sure its removed before i apply my face cream on. I know that ther is no fragence but it has a funny smell to it, which i dont mind because i know its very gentle withouot the harsh chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will always have this on hand. I love the fact it is fragrance free. Can be used to cleanse the eye area of makeup. Does not irritate my skin whatsoever. Has aloe in it which is something I hold highly in skincare items. Love the convenient pump but I think it also is sold in a more travel friendly version of a tube. The creamy fragrance free lather is something I've grown accustomed too. No complaints whatsoever for my acne prone, dry overly sensitive skin. Will always repurchase probably till I'm 80 years old.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. I have sensitive, highly reactive skin. Finding products that work on my skin is a huge challenge. This has been an amazing find. It is gentle enough to not cause redness and irritation, but strong enough to wash off my make-up. The best part is that it is so readily available... If I forget it while traveling, I just have to hit up the nearest drug store. I gave it a four only because it leaves a slight slimy residue, but if that doesn't bother you than it's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I've been using this on and off for a looonnng time. I actually am surprised I missed reviewing this since I've reviewed most of my standard products. Anyway, I don't usually use this because any chemicals so far have not proved well for my skin. However, I do go back to this as a fairly safe cleanser and it actually gets makeup off which is a plus. I currently (was) using a bar that was actually more drying than this, so I'm not back on this and we'll see how well it does now that I'm really paying attention, but I have used this many, many times, through many many bottles, so it's not like I'm new to it. I never noticed a problem related specifically to this face wash, though now I am paying closer attention to what things do. I think this does not break me out, or cause any bumps (I get bumps on my own, regardless of what I use). If this makes those bumps less, I will switch back officially. But one thing that already gets major points is that while I was using this in the past, I didn't have perfect skin, but it was SO much better. I finally started using other things from peoples recommendations and being able to spend more money on face care and my problems got worse and worse. Even Cerave, which was one of the first things I switched to made my skin dreadful. I'm really having high hopes that this is non reactive enough that I look normal again.

UPDATE: Oh Em freaking G. So I've been using this for a few weeks now, at times I was using this only for the morning and my previous bar at night and I switched officially back to this for morning and night. Wow. What a difference. I tried SO many things and NOTHING worked. I didn't expect my old, simple, cheap Olay wash would be the thing to save my life - My HG. I guess I just always had sensitivity and reactions and everything else I tried had something in it to break me out. I should have never stopped using this. Years of my life with horrific acne (in my late 20s!!!) all for nothing. I couldn't figure out WHY my skin was so bad, but I was in agony. I feel so much better... I can't even explain it. I still get a few blackheads but over all my skin is nice and normal. I used to break out so often I couldn't wait to wash my face after work, and I'd still have issue! :( I now use a very simple routine. Just this, some Lavender oil occasionally, pure aloe, brown sugar as a scrub when needed, Queen Helen Mud as needed, and sulfur and/or acne patches when I do have a break out. Finally relief. I'm so happy!!

Update 2: Ok it's not perfect, but it's close. I'm getting rather dry from this and I think that leads to more breakouts so I added fish oil pills and some vaseline (I can't use moisturizers, sadly) So though I do like this, it's unfortunately not perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by sica799

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have kind of oily acne prone skin. This product is really gentle but surprisingly works well for me. At first I thought it would be too gentle and wouldnt clean my skin enough, but it works fine. I use it with clean and clear benzoyl peroxide cream and my skin really agrees to this regimen. Its a nice balance instead of using a salicylic acid or super drying face wash with the cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in my early 20s, and I have been advised by many people that using a foaming cleanser in your "younger" years of life, its better for combination/oily/acne-prone and sometimes sensitive skin. In the past I have used Vichy normaderm (which isn't bad, but after 3 years, my skin hadn't improved, but it wasn't irritated either), La Roche posay Effaclar for approx 2 years now, and it is decent but pricey!!!!

This have been using this product for a couple of days, and this is my review:

Pros:
- Fragrance, oil, and soap free!!
- Smooth skin
- surprisingly, the darkness around my eyes are lightening up
- removes makeup well, for a cleanser anyways. The rest my toner picks up (no alcohol) (but I only wear one layer of liquid makeup. no more).
- T-zone is dry for a couple hours

Cons:

- if you use too much, overdrying the face, and promoting more oil production
- dry patches of skin

Its winter, maybe in the summer it may be different. Will provide an updated review in the future.

UPDATED 2014: This cleanser is great, in relation to daily usage, and does take off some makeup, but not all. I feel this cleanser would be better in the summer time. I currently use Paula's choice EArth Source gel cleanser and its amazing for winter usage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

just amazing. it leaves my skin feeling so soft and non irritated like other cleansers that claim to be for sensitive skin. i like that it has a pump too. only complaint i have is it doesnt really foam up like it claims but thats ok causr it cleans my face like i want it to. i would definently recommend this cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THE BEST CLEANSER EVER!