October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this cleanser at the dollar store for next to nothing because I was trying to save money and didn't want to shell out the $14 for the Aveeno cleanser I had been using. I wasn't expecting much and so was pleasantly surprised - make that amazed - by this cheap cleanser. It foams up nicely and removes my stubborn foundation, though I sometimes have to use it twice in places where I've used more concealer. But even when I do, it never dries out my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I follow it up with a little bit of Cetaphil so maybe that's why but my skin has definitely improved since I started using this. I was using the redness reducing cleanser before and it didn't seem to help my sensitive skin very much. This, however, has made my skin feel less tight and has noticeably reduced the redness and irritation. It's gentle but effective. I've already repurchased once and will definitely do so again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by reihino

Simply great! Been using it since L'oreal discontinued one of my favorite facial cleansers! Great for my oily skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best cleanser I've ever found. It's not perfect, but it's close. Most importantly, it's very gentle. I have really sensitive, oily (but dehydrated), acne-prone, rosacea-prone skin. It's not a picnic trying to satisfy all of my skin's needs. This cleanser doesn't aggravate it and it doesn't clog my pores. A lot of cleansers that are gentle end up clogging my pores because of the added emollients. This one does not. The only drawback is that it leaves a weird residue on your skin, like a coating. Oddly, it doesn't bother my skin at all, but the fact that I can feel something just bothers me. That's the only reason it doesn't get a perfect score from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by daria33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 4 or 5 years now, and it's one of very few skincare products I've repurchased several times. It's mild overall, it gets rid of the bumpy pores that form on my nose sometimes, and it calms down my hormonal chin acne when it occurs (once every few months). When I first started using this cleanser, I was on Retin-A for persistent chin breakouts, but this helped get it under control to the point that I stopped the tretinoin cream.
For a while I used this cleanser once a day, and no moisturizers or makeup (because I was paranoid that any moisturizer would break me out) and my skin was the best it had ever been, just more even overall, but now that I'm not in my twenties anymore, I find that I need some moisture.
It may be a tad drying for drier skin types. My skin is combination, and I find it sloghtly drying on the cheeks, especially in the winter. Also it's not going to remove every last bit of makeup, so if you wear makeup often, you'd need an extra step. Finally, i wish it had a resealable cap so that I could take it with me on short trips.
I only ever buy the pump version, use half to a full pump, foam up between your fingers before you put it on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've strayed from this, but always come back. I've been using it for 4+ years and it's the best cleanser for both price and performance. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (sensitive BUT oily, so I need that foaming action this provides), suds well, and rinses off fairly easily. It's easy to find in stores, a good price, with a pump. It's a no-brainer cleanser for me--it just works so well. I wear zinc-based sunscreen during the day and do not need a separate oil cleanser to remove it. However, I don't wear heavy face make-up, so I have no idea how well it would take that off.

The only con is that it will leave a tiny bit of a filmy residue if you just splash-and-go. A few pats to make sure it is all off is key, as it's viscous in texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sensitive? More like extremely drying. I don't understand all the good reviews. I must be the only one this doesn't work for... Or my skin is super sensitive. I'm going back to cetaphil. I don't know how it has a "best" review on paulas choice. Whatever

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It has no smell at all and it does the job! I much prefer it to the Daily Facials b/c I find those too environmentally unfriendly, and also harsh on my skin. I like to use it with my Clarisonic Mia. I'm so happy you can get the sensitive skin (unscented) version in Canada now, we used to only have the regular scented version. By the way, I like the pump version much better than the tube, which I find sometimes hard to squeeze out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous, believe the hype. Cheap as chips, no frills, does what it says. Gentle, effective, does not cause breakouts, lasts forever, a little goes a long way. Will continue to repurchase as long as they're making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a simple great value cleanser. Whenever I switch to something else my skin gets all dry and flakey and then when I switch back this fixes it right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sentisitve dry-ish skin and this is a rare foaming cleanser that I can securely use morning and evening. I foam it with a little Japanese mesh and it creates the most luxurious foam. Then I use a microfiber mitten to gently remove the foam and massage a little. This cleansing routine is optimal for my type of skin and removes makeup completely. I've found out that the packaging is not appropriate for traveling and opens easily in my luggage. So I will use another container for this in future.