July 26, 2014 | 1625 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by akhyllberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive...doesn't-like-any-face-wash-or-any-skin-product... skin. It's oily and loves having at LEAST 1+ pimple to decorate it, always. Same rundown as most acne people - I've had it all my life, literally since birth; had baby acne. Tried everything. From 10 - 18 years old I used ALL THE SKIN PRODUCTS (you know who you are) that were extremely harsh which killed my skin. In college I used topical prescription meds that worked wonderfully, but were really expensive (darn you acne meds for being a cosmetic need and not covered by insurance!). After college I thought... I'll go the natural route. That'll show my pores who's boss! What better than to give my natural skin some natural skin products? A cure was in the making ...Nope!! My acne was the worst during the 'natural' phase (also during the Pro-Active phase... BAD!!!). And I used everything from straight up honey and apple cider vinegar to making my own toners and trying the oil cleansing method. My face was like "I HATE YOU" and errupted in lots of cystic acne for several years. This year I decided to back to drugstore brands after feeling confident that everything wasn't going to give me cancer if it didn't say "natural" or "organic" on it. I researched and made a careful decision.... Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash is the winner!!! Got the idea from the acne.org website after trying that method out and deciding I didn't want to be putting on benzoyl peroxide all the time (time, money, bleaching - you know - general laziness). But let me tell you - of all things - I LOVE THIS FACE WASH. LOVE LOVE LOVE. If I were to ever have a holy grail of a product, and I don't use that term lightly (*see "skin hates everything"), it would be this face wash. Yes it's not perfect, but my skin has FINALLY CLEARED UP. Take that, you acne-cious scum!!! My method? Simple and perfect for me:
1. Wash face with Olay in the morning
2. Wash face with water at night. Use jojoba oil if awake enough to apply.
3. If I'm feeling extra fancy - use green clay mask or sugar scrub (literally adding plain ol' sugar to that Olay)

Ta-Da!!!! It doesn't dry out my skin. It DOES feel like there's a little film left over, but I could care less because at least it's not drying out my skin and making it tight after each wash. Honestly, of all things, I'm extremely surprised this worked for me. Still on the hunt for a good moisturizer - because, honey, finding a good moisturizer that doesn't break me out is like me attempting to climb Mt. Everest. It's not impossible, it's just...... a very difficult thing to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Jennetteinil

I've been using this face wash for about 2 weeks & I pair it with my ecotools complexion sponge & it cleans my skin without over drying!! My skin is so smooth & soft after cleaning. After cleansing I apply the Olay Regenerist Luminous Cream & my skin has improved 100%!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Emilynyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily <--- I'm forreal it's oily and clog prone skin which I hate. I'm sensitive to almost about everything. This cleanser does NOT foam up easily you have to have a lot of water on your hands for it to foam up. It's a pretty decent cleanser but it's not for me. I broke out with a whole bunch of whiteheads which I usually never get (only a few once in a while). This doesn't really get rid of acne which I'm also prone to. Still on the look for a good cleanser and this is definitely not it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gentle and effective enough if you are not wearing heavy make up. Compares favorably to Neutrogena Ultra Gentle , but Foaming Face Wash is a misnomer. It does not foam much and you need a substantial glop especially when using a Clarisonic. Nothing special, but does the job, sort of like a 2003 Corolla.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by solisortum

I recently started to break out after using Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleanser. After reading a lot of reviews on Paulschoice.com, I decided to buy the Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face wash, since it was rated "Best". This product has not given me a single pimple since I started using it. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and clean. It does have a weird smell to it but that's a minor problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this because of Paula Begoun's reviews, but absolutely hated it. Barely lathered, didn't clean my face at all, & left a gross filmy slime all over. Ok yes, the ingredients may tick all of her boxes, but it was a horrible face wash for me. Threw it in the bin, back to my Dove Unscented Bar - a million times cleaner feeling after washing with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Linazx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have sensitive to dry skin. I bought this product and i have been using it for 2-3 years now. I dont use alot at once nor do i cleanse my face with face cleanser that often b/c i have dry skin. But when i do i always use this one.

Is this right for me?
- If you are looking for a cleanser for everyday use that is light on your skin but just does the trick to freshen you up in the morning, i would recommend using this one.
- If you want more cleansing to get rid of oil b.c your skin is oily, this may not do the trick as it is for sensitive to dry skin.

Pro
- Light on skin
- Leaves it feeling smooth
- Tightens the skin, helping to reduce loose puffy skin.
- Non-irritant on skin
- NO paraben or other harsh chemicals
- Cheap.
- Sanitary pump
- The foam makes applying it very easy and smooth

Con
- Doesn't deep clean
- Doesn't improve your skin in the long run.

I hope this helps. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I didn't try this sooner. I've been searching for a good cleanser since pretty much forever, and kind of bought into the hype of high end is better. I finally caved and bought this after the excellent write up on Beautypedia, and this product did not disappoint. It gets my skin clean, not squeaky why did you do this to face clean, but just a nice, soft clean. Added bonus that I can use it on my eyes, and it removes my eye makeup, even some of my hardcore waterproof, with very little effort. I've used every eye makeup remover known to man at this point, I think, and this is the only one that didn't sting my skin. My skin loves this stuff, and I think for the average user, dry, combination, oily, sensitive, etc, this is a great product. I hate to think of all the money I wasted looking for this. And can I mention again that I replaced my eye makeup remover with this?! Having a product that does it all is such a plus in my book. I love simplicity and I'm usually tired when I get off work (12 hour shifts). A product that does everything is perfect. And mine was less than $5! I'm not sure how this would work with severely acne prone skin, but for everyone else, seriously, try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not a Face Wash for me, but still a MUST

If you are at the drugstore looking for a gentle fragrance free foaming cleanser, you can't do better than this one. Clean & Clear also make something similar but I could not tolerate its fragrance. This is much much better and the price difference is not that much.

Don't forget to use first a waterproof makeup remover if you apply longwear makeup. This is not as strong as some other cleansers out there, but that is what makes it also less harsh.

If you are travelling.. during your last use.. when you're getting out the usual amount.. remember to not release the pump nozzle but screw it completely down. Now you can secure it with a bit of tape and throw it directly into your suitcase if you like.

Note: This cleanser has been around for a while and Olay is known for frequently repackaging their products. But the formula has remained the same throughout. Currently it is sold in a 7.0 fl oz tube as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is another product I keep coming back to. I've been using this on and off for MANY years.

P&G overhauled the packaging of their foaming cleanser a couple of years ago (blue bottle/white pump instead of white bottle/black pump), but THANK HEAVEN they left the formula the same.

I like the pump bottle, the fragrance-free variety, and what I consider to be a low SLS formula. Unlike other foaming cleansers, this one also contains non-sulfate surfactants. So although it's not SLS-free, at least it contains less and therefore is not as drying as other cleansers (both drugstore and department store varieties).

I tried Neutrogena's Foaming Face Wash, but found it to be more expensive but not more effective at removing makeup than Olay's Face Wash. I also tried Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser, which stripped every drop of oil from my face and left it dry and flakey. Plus a few other cleansers not worth mentioning.

I'll probably always try out other cleansers in search of a HG, but this one is always within easy reach.