August 29, 2014 | 1396 users online

Eyeliner - Too Faced - Lava Gloss Eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerluvr

SO UPSET ABOUT THIS. This *used* to be my most, very favorite eyeliner ever!!! I was in love with the chocolate color Lava Gloss eyeliner. It *used to be* super smooth and creamy and very easy to glide on with no tugging or skipping, and super rich color. WELL, NO MORE!

After running out of my last one last year, and using other brands for a while, I finally ordered this again from Too Faced (directly). WHAT A MISTAKE! THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA and this is now the WORST eyeliner ever! Buyer beware!

This eyeliner was so dry that I literally could barely even draw a tiny spot on my eye, let alone a full line on the whole lid! It was dry, tugging, skipping -- THE WORST EVER! Even the "chocolate" color was now a terrible light brown, barely there. What did they do to this once perfect eyeliner??? I'm mystified.

And to add insult to injury, Too Faced does NOT offer refunds on "used" products! Really? Isn't all makeup going to be used first before determining that it's no good? Hello!

Too Faced has a terrible customer service policy with this and I will NEVER EVER EVER buy from them again! They blew it! Turned me from a LOYAL LAVA GLOSS LOVER to someone who now has to write this bad review about it/them. What a shame! :( That's $15 I'll never get back, plus an eyeliner I can't even use.

TOO BAD, SO SAD! Bye-bye TOO-FACED!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had this in black and brown. If you have got yourself a real Too Faced pencil, it is supposed to be really creamy, so creamy that if you touch your lid with it, it will practically melt and you dont need to push at all to get color. I know this because I had a real one in black, and recently I swapped for another one, which I am pretty sure is fake because it is very hard and also suitable for brows. The fake one is just a very standard pencil. So if you basically buy a pencil from EBAY or from other not so reputable seller and your pencil does not quite seem to match the reviews...it is most possible you have got yourself a fake one. In no circumstances, I could ever imagine a person thinking this pencil is hard at all. Because it is really melty like butter, when it touches your skin and it will make a mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Bunny111

ERGH...
I have combination skin, so its not overtly oily but this product made my eyes look like an oil spill about an hour after applying.. it goes on very smoothly and looks lovely for the first 5 mins but after that.. it transferred horribly, didn't stick to my waterline and made my whole eye area very greasy.. the only thing i liked about it was that it went on without tugging my eyes.. but since you are basically coating them in cooking oil coloured black thats not surprising! I also had to sharpen it after every use or every other use at a push, so it used up quickly, which for 13 is not brilliant.... I LOVE big, dramatic khol eyes and this was just hideous.. made me look like i had no eyeliner on and a lot of grey cream eyeshadow 0_o

no go on this one TwoFaced.. going to try their 'perfect eyes' one next to see if that lasts!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:

Very soft, super smudgeable

Blended easily without any tugging

Glossy for that high end, fashion look - smudgy rocker eye

Good for adhering powders/glitter to eye

Cons:

Very hard to layer, color was patchy and kinda sheer

Smudged too easy, transferred easily

Did not take to my waterline

If used as base, creased soon after application

Will never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by hans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't waste your money basically. If i can take this back to Boots for a refund I will because it smudges, runs and transfers onto your lids and under your eyes. This is not a good look and you don't want to be worrying about panda eyes which you are guaranteed to get with this! I bought it because the very pretty SA had a lovely neat top and bootom line and she swore that this is the pencil she used - i have never been able to recreate with this liner so who knows if she was telling the truth! The only positve was that it did not drag on the skin when applied and was quite a dark intense solid colour. Apart from that many other negatives including the fact that it seems to need sharpening after every use for example.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I do like the finish this pencil gives - literally a glossy intense black colour which makes my eyes pop like crazy. However, this smudges all over the place. I don't have oily lids but I find that within minutes this has smudges and runs. Really upset about that. For this reason, I wouldn't repurchase. Not worth the hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Princ3ssVane

LOVED THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH. Probably one of the best high-end pencil liners I have ever used. The colour is intense which I like and the staying power is pretty good. It does smudge a little it but overall really great product. Definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given this as a gift in Chocolate Lava (charcoal brown). This is the first brown eyeliner that I've ever owned, as I tend to favor black. I really like the color and the texture. It applies very easily and it has a creamy/glossy texture. It doesn't pull at my skin when I apply it. It lasts all day on me, but I always use a primer on my eyes. I find it easy to line my eyes with this pencil, unlike a lot of other pencils that I've tried. I would recommend this to a friend. I'm taking 1 mark off because I think it does migrate a bit during the hotter months, but not terribly. No raccoon eyes, but it does smudge a bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like that this liner goes on smoothly and appears "wet" like a liquid. Application can get a little heavy, though, at times, despite how careful or newly sharpened it is. Speaking of sharpening, I'm glad this comes with it's own sharpener, because of it's slick nature, the product gets messy in the sharpener and would get all over my other pencils. I would repurchase, though. It's a good "going out" liner because of it's vinyl finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I bought a defective product, because everyone below keeps raving about the intensity of the color, but I found that I had to apply layer after layer of this product to get an even line that wasn't even very dark. If I used a heavier hand, the line would just end up too thick.