November 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Twirltone Lipglass Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 9:48:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and it reminds me of MAC VGV lipglass but a little pinker and frostier, and yet someone who hates frost can wear this? It's really pretty!!! Very subdued and natural, yet glossy and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cadela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like many others, I was drawn to the cute packaging of the Beau collection of lipstains. But I must say that Twirltone is actually a great color on my lips! A natural mauvey color which is almost MLBB. I love the color, but most of the time I can't bear to use it because I don't want to mash up the two colors! :p

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by emalc

Great color, shimmery raspberry, heavier than regular lipglass. I was startled at how much smaller it seemed than the old lipglass stain tubes, but after reading the review below comparing, I feel less cheated on the price. I do find it aggravating that MAC OD's on the LE products - If this is still available when I run out - I'll buy it again, but I own too many lippies to stock up on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by shortgirl

this is a nice longwearing gloss, not quite as pigmented as i had hoped, but still pretty nonetheless. its a frosty shimmery very pale pink, though not as cool toned of a pink as i had hoped for. i love thick glosses, so the texture of this is great for me. i like it, but i don't think i'd repurchase even if wasn't LE because i usually have to pair it with something else to get it to look right on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Twirltone is a pretty raspberry shade swirled w/ a light shimmery pink. Together it makes a nice mlbb shade w/ a subtle shimmer. This is more pigmented than regular mac lipgloss in my opinion. The package is really cute, but these are smaller than the old lip glass stain tubes. They retail for $13.50
I'm not purchasing back ups since every MAC lipglass stain has gone bad on me within a year. I can only hope this doesn't go bad too.
For reference, I am a mac nc25.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by miribre

Twirltone looks like a sheer mauve l/g on me. NC 30. The texture is a mix of lustreglass and lipglass IMO. Not too sticky. I am thinking about restocking. It's just too bad that MAC can't stop the LE frenzy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ledonatella

This is very pretty, it's like a candy pink and a reddish raspberry shade swirled together. It gives a nice berry lip kinda look and stay's put rather well for a gloss. Has some slight shimmer too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 2:26:00 AM More reviews by sweet4apa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lipgloss. The color is subtle, but beautiful. I bought three of these (spin pink, twirltone, and chicmates) and this one is my favorite by far. It's a great neutral and ican use it for everday wear. I kind of like the smaller tube, and the slanted applicator is great as well.

I know a lot of people think that these are really small but heres a comparison in regards to other mac glosses:
regular lipglass/lustreglass = .17 oz,
new lipglass stains = .30 oz
old lipglass stains .50
(for other reference a Chanel Glossimer is .19, and a Juicy Tube is .50)

so they are almost double a reg lipglass, but obviously smaller than the old lg stains, hth some people.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2005 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Onederland

Gah! I LOVE this color! It give me a really nautral shine. Its a cool raspberry with come cotton candy pink. Its swirled in the tube, but comes out mixed. It has the signature vanilla scent, and the texture is like the regular Lipglasses, and since I love those, I will love this too. NEED TO STOCK UP!