April 18, 2014 | 1899 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDP

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this to be a very ordinary, girlie girl scent. It's sweet and cute and oh so not me. If you are into sexy, spicy oriental scents, this one isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume. I steered clear of this years ago because of the bottle, really!! But I was in Sephora's and was looking at something new and low and behold there was that bottle again. I tried it and fell in love. This is it, my signature. It last a good 6-7 hours and the dry dow is as good as the first spray. Very feminine. I will never be without it,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

About a year go I got a gift voucher for my birthday and didn't manage to walk to far away with it since the perfume store was just around the corner :) .Purchased the 30 ml botte of EDP and loved the look of it and the feel of it too when I hold it to apply the scent: it falls well into the palm and is very comfortable. The bottle design is actually not JPG's invention: the first ever ( officially recorded at least ) torso-shaped bottle was created by Elsa Schiaparelli for her perfume "Shocking!" (1936), which was proportion-wise the exact replica of Mae West's torso, so everything new is indeed only the well-forgotten old! :) I am actually glad that JPG has brought this idea back - there was nothing similar for decades on the market. Now about the scent: I am not impressed, at all. First of all, Armani Code has outdone it. I know, Classique was there first, and had there been no Armani Code - it would probably have had a much higher value, for my nose at least, but when there's an almost identical scent out there, but edgier, sexier and simply with more personality - why bother buying this one? The smell itself is good, you can tell right away that it didn't come cheap to the wearer, it's a rich, full-bodied, verging on being a weapon of mass destruction when oversprayed kind of thing, but it is still a very plain bouquet: it is just missing that little something and it feels therefore average - désolé! And therefore it is somewhat hard to place it timewise: for an evening fragrance it's lacking a certain darkness, and for the daywear it almost too sweet/heavy and makes one feel like she's trying too much to get attenton. I felt right like a tart trying to seduce my boss when I put it on, although I had nothing of the like in mind!! So it is a rather loud look-at-me fragrance without enigma. I personally prefer scents that have a promise of something more even after they fully develop. This one will give you the needed attention for about a minut, but it will not help you keep it. I will use this in winter cosying up with the hubby/best friends, for big family dinners and cocktail-time occasions with no possibilities of flirting and when I feel that I need to smell womanly and pretty without showing too much personality.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is just "meh". Its sweet and appealing but nothing spectacular. Its a sugary, but not to young, more for grown ups. I don't find it very strong either for being edp and expected it to last much longer on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Lea79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good thing I sprayed this on a paper because when I smelled it, i instantly got a mild headache. It doesn't smell bad, but this will def be headache heaven for me. I smelled the Anise at the beginning and the Orange Blossom. It was pretty strong. Don't know about the dry down cause obviously it was on paper and I threw it out. But it was ok for me. Wouldn't wear it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Test drove this after reading all the great reviews. I have dry skin on my body that is notorious for eating fragrances. But from all I read, I thought JPG's Classique wulld be a powerhouse that would endure. Not so on my skin. An hour later, there's a nice vanilla-ish scent that is very faint only if I put my nose right on my wrist where I sprayed two shpritzes of Classique. Darn. Lovely, but fades away into almost nothing in no time flat. This is why I wear and love heavy hitters like Fracas, Opium, and my number-one all-time favorite, Coco.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Happytobe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This fragrance drives men absolutely crazy. It is a musky scent with a vanilla base mixed with warm floral notes. It's powerful, intoxicating, sexy and seductive. If you want a man to find you irresistable then wear this on a date. You can't go wrong. A bit overpowering for day wear but at night it is just divine and the staying power is insane. It lasts 12 hours+. But less is more with this fragrance. You only need the tiniest amount as it's incredibly strong. Be aware also that the EDT and EDP smell very different. The EDP is softer, sweeter and more complex. I much prefer the EDP. I've been wearing this on and off for over ten years but recently have fallen so in love with it that I'm never going to give it up again. Some women may not like it but men LOVE it and that's what counts!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am wearing this now and will be SO glad to wash it off. It's so strong and to me smells just like an incense shop which is not what I want to smell like. It smells like cheap incense - I like a bit of incense sometimes but DO NOT want to smell like it. So horrible, and the bottle seems cheap and nasty as well - I don't know if I just have a dud bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE!!!!! Although they smell really different from each other this EDP and the EDT of the same name are my two favorite scents, (with some of the Givenchy and Armani scents a close second) This one is a bit softer and more powdery but not sharp or bitter just classically feminine. Dry down smells better than initial spritz which is rare in perfumes. Although I can't describe any perfume by the official terms or anything I have smelled and tried many many perfumes and these JPG's are always a cut above the rest. I can't stop smelling myself!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by squarebear

I do so love the EDP version of JPG Classique. It is an oriental fragrance with an ultra-feminine, tongue-in-cheek, hairspray/makeup/powder twist. The bottle is beautiful and sexy, the perfume even more so. When I was an exchange student in France the girl I stayed with wore Classique - I loved the way she smelled, so sophisticated, warm, and interesting. At the time I was in high school and felt that I did not have the level of sophistication to pull this off. I came back to Classique in my late 20s and wore it exclusively for 2 years. Today it is still in regular rotation in my perfume wardrobe. I find Classique to have excellent longevity and big sillage (spray wisely), and it consistently garners compliments and inquiries ("What perfume are you wearing? It's very pretty!").