October 31, 2014 | 1366 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Ldugas1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the extra hold it gives after washing my hair. My hair is healthy and long, so it tends to fall flat pretty easily, but this gives my hair a touch of extra body, regardless of whether I blow-dry or air dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by aaberridge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this styling creme. I have a pixie cut and I find my hair to be much more workable when I'm using this creme. I use it prior to applying the SumoTech and I love this combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Superb: small amount will help lock in perfected style. Maximise the salon effect by using in conjunction with Bumble and Bumble Prep and Thickening Spray! Another B&B winner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by misanders

My mom has thin straight hair, tried this product and it didn't work for her. She gave it to me and I have thick, curly, fizzy hair. This didn't work for me either. My hair was still frizzy and it didn't help my curls at all. It's a shame that 3/4 of this bottle has to be thrown in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by MissMac13

I used to use its a 10 styling cream. This has now been replaced by bumble & bumble. I just love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I have natural straight asian hair (no dyeing, chemical treatments done). My hair can get weighed down easily, it is hard to achieve volume that stays or hold certain hairstyles. This stuff gives my hair extra "grip" so that my hair keeps the the style I create. I can achieve insanely BIG hair or perky curls that stay all day. It has a soft matte finish so you won't get shiny/crunchy hair and yet you will get the control you want/need. I use it strictly for hair styling, particularly when I need my hair to stay put all day.

My boyfriend also has untreated asian hair, and as most asian guys know, their hair can be ridiculously stubborn. My boyfriend wears his hair in a modern slickback (longer, higher on the top and short hair on the sides) so he uses this to gain control of his hair. It gets the hair going in the direction he needs without weighing it down and then uses Bumble & Bumble's Sumotech to give it flexible hold to finish. It holds the style all day, and he can refresh it by running his fingers through his hair throughout the day as needed.

This is a fantastic styling product as is most of Bumble & Bumbles styling products. B&B products are quite expensive but they really do work and they have some really unique products to help you achieve styles that you wouldn't normally be able to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by celtalitha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure I would pay full-price for this, but I found it for $12.99 at Ross and while that's not dirt cheap it's darn good for the amount of use I'm getting out of it.

Summary: It's a medium-hold styling creme, people. Not a gel, not a mousse, a CREAM. It won't keep your style crisp like hair spray, it won't make it shiny and sparkly like silicone, and yes it will "weigh you down" if you put lots of it in long hair. Just try to conceptualize coating each little strand of hair on your with a tiny bit of goop that tends to keep the hairs stuck together. If that sounds good to you, you'll like this. If not, you won't.

Me, I have super thick, dry, curly, partially-bleached blonde hair a little bit past my shoulders, and I am working on doing as little as possible with it in order to grow it out and reduce adding extra damage. At the moment, I am washing about twice a week. After I wash, I add in a glop of this while my hair is soaking wet, comb it through, and allow it to dry naturally. It comes out with slightly chunky, defined waves.

The bonus, for ME personally, is that it's a soft enough hold that the next morning I can brush out my hair (usually a huge no-no with curls, but mine are kind of smooth waves after this) and it still looks decent. Sometimes I flat iron a little (usually just touch-ups, leaving it wavy). Sometimes I don't. On day three or four I add some dry shampoo at the roots and some leave-in conditioner or oil on the bottom. When I finally wash it out, it leaves no major residue and causes no build-up.

If I want better hold or more "shine" I just use a mouse or shine spray on top of the styling creme.

Essentially ... it works with my routine for the moment and I'm sticking to it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I have Asian long layered fine hair but lots of it. I mix 2 pea size amounts of this with a pea size of Grooming Creme and apply it to my towel dried roots only for natural volume and hold. For all over hold, I spray Styling Lotion (spray) all over my towel dried hair before blowdrying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is curly and highlighted and heavily layered. My ends are dry and my roots can lay flat - pretty huh?! Anyway, I have closets and drawers full of products - you can tell by all of my reviews. I only just purchased this last week bc it was on clearance at bed bath beyond in their pharmacy section. I don't think I would have tried it with the full price tag. the reviews seem to be mostly love or hate and I have to say that so far I love it! The other reviews are very helpful on how to use this. When I used it by itself my hair had hold, but felt a little stiff. I now use a leave in conditioner first and then put this in my hair. A Nickel size amount and I even use some on my roots for a little lift. At first I thought that it would make them greasy, but if used sparingly it does not. I then will use some kind of moisturizing product like fekkai crème or dermorganic oil on the ends to soften them up a bit. My curls are looking good without any mousse or gel stiffness. The nice thing is that it does not cause my hair to lay flat on top. It seems like all the other styling products I have are either too volumizing (so it dries out my hair) or too moisturizing (making it look greasy). This seems to work both ways. Even on its own it was fine, but waaayy better when used in conjunction with other products. The best part is that I can just rewet my hair the next day and the curls are great again. Sometimes I don't even have to do that bc it holds the curl so well. It is going to kill me to have to buy another bottle at full price but I think I am going to have to!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

I swapped for this without any expectations but I ended up liking this more than I thought I would! I apply a dime/nickel sized amount to towel-dried hair before blow drying, This is great for styling my hair and giving it some lift. It isn't too heavy for my fine hair, which was a concern of mine when I saw its paste-like consistency. I've also tried it on dry hair but I think I like it better when I use it while heat styling to get more volume.