Urban Decay Bruise lipgunk

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2006 2:37:00 PM

I received this in a swap, and I love it! I have fair skin & it isn't too dark for me...kind of a dark berry, metallic color. It is a bit intense at first, but I've really come to like it, and get compliments every time I wear it. I've found that it isn't sticky or gloppy, and doesn't dry my lips out. This one is great!!

on 3/31/2005 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Everyone was all: "This is so dark! Agh! I can't wear it!" :) so I was really excited over this one. However, it turned out to be more of a dark berry than a deep burgundy, and it's more cute than sinister. I love it anyway. :) Plus, it smells like Friendly's Black Raspberry ice cream, and it tastes sweet too. It feathers a bit, but no more than any other darker lip gloss/liquid lipstick would. I'm trying to find a good liner for it so this won't be a problem. It's a great "summergoth" look for me! UPDATE - Wow, this is growing on me! It really gives more of a sparkly plummy shine than a burgundy stain, but it easily replaces the Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds I had to put on my swap list because I couldn't handle the animal testing. It's obviously higher quality, too. In smaller amounts, it doesn't feather, actually, and once I find the right lipliner, I'm sure I can wear loads of it. GREAT warm weather colour for a dramatic lips girl who wants to be a little lighter for the season, but still glam and ethereal. Five for this.

on 9/2/2004 2:44:00 PM

Intense, frosty purple that is toned down with a bit of pink so you don't look dead. The frost doesn't look weird either - it is pretty mild. One of my favorite lip gunk shades. THe flavor of this (I think it is supposed to be vanilla berry or something) is not particularly great, but it's not terrible. I do find this, like the other Lip Gunks, to be a bit drying, but it is not sticky and lasts a pretty good amount of time.

on 8/12/2004 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap since i can never find this shade anywhere near me (believe me i have looked)
i LOVE purple shades of gloss and this one did not let me down. i love the scent and the shimmer.
i will get this again

on 3/21/2004 10:24:00 PM

I like it mixed with a lighter, more red shade. I wouldn't wear it alone, though.

on 2/16/2004 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bruise goes on a pretty dark purple! But I like to tone it down with my Neutrogena Tickle lg or another light shade, it's a little more wearable for me, a LLL, then. continued >>

on 7/5/2003 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pleasant smell and taste. Long wearing and a beautiful color. Bruise is a very pretty deep purple with silver shimmer. I like the UD lipgunks for their unique scent/flavor for each shade.

on 2/5/2003 2:12:00 AM

I can't pull this off opaque, but it does give a pretty wash of grape if I apply it sheer. Still, it's a tad too...purple, for me. ;)

on 11/8/2002 3:25:00 AM

Wow -- I'm surprised that so many people disliked this lippie. I love it! And I'm fair too, but it looked good...on me at least. In the packaging it looks dark purple, but it goes on sheer. Plus it has silver microglitter (which I didn't find gritty).

on 9/15/2002 1:35:00 PM

I received Bruise in a swap a while back. I usually wouldn't be able to pull off purple toned lips but this was sheer enough to work for me. I loved the grape flavor! I ended up swapping it away since I never wore it though.

Recommended for Medium Skin