July 30, 2014 | 1386 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - Kanebo Mascara 38*C Silk Performance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bibikonn

Perfect marcara, I've used it for the last 12 years, and have found nothing better. Well, actually there is a cheaper Clinique version that also comes off with warm water only, but Kanebo is more black, whilst Clinique is very dark grey.

For me, this completely smudgefree extremely separating marcara that provides natural look, is the best thing. I've long and quite thick lashes for european, and don't need some extreme lengthening, instead separation is a key. And this brush is superb. Colour removes easily, and saves me from using eye-makeup removers, that i find very often irritating.

Sometimes I also use thickening version of the same product, but i find its not That waterproof, this said however, both of them are much better than anything else on the market.

I would also suggest to buy it from airports that have it often on offer as the products are fresher there, and of better value. Make sure you always close the tube properly, otherwise it can dry fast. And since the brush is so genious, when my mascara is finished, i wash the brush and use it for shaping my brows or lashes after colouring.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by HakkaTeaCeremony

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, this mascara does have a firm hold, rain or shine. No, it does not give you a dramatic of a fabulously faux look. It is a modest addition to your beauty frame. I would remain my interest in this product if I didn't get a stingy, prickly feel in my eyes by the end of the day (wearing lenses). But even without my lenses..same feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara has been at the back of my mind for what must have been for about 7 years! So eventually, I finally caved and went to Harrods to finally purchase it. There are different versions of the mascara but I believe this is the original. Plus, the sales assistant recommended this one purely for its smaller brush head for fine detail and ease of application.

I was really excited to try this out for the first time. It applied very smoothly with no clumps. However, it does not keep a (manufactured) curl in my lashes at all because soon after application, my lashes droop back to their natural state. It is very important for me (and I'm sure for a lot of other Asian girls) that a mascara is able to keep a curl, especially with stubborn, straight Asian lashes such as mine! Apart from that, this mascara does not smudge below my eyes and doesn't flake. It is also incredibly easy to remove with warm water.

I've not had this for long, perhaps about 2 months, and already it has turned very dry and difficult to work with. I have not been careless with storing this product after each use. I'm disappointed that such an expensive product (23) has pretty much expired so soon. I do want to try the other formulas for this mascara such as the volume and curl version but I'm hesitant to part with that much money if the product will dry up like so. Despite its advantages, I will not be repurchasing this particular formula again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Blessis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If this is the mascara with the white bottle - then I love it. I had to get a new one, couldn't imagine being without it. If I want to make my eyes pop I like to start off with this mascara, to finish off with a mascara that makes my lashes a bit "dramatic". If I'm not doing anything special and want a more natural look then I love to wear some of this mascara. It sure feels like silk, it's so comfortable. This is the only mascara that I know of that I'd wear ANYDAY, because "normal" mascara can feel annoying at times (which often ends up with me not wearing any at all), while this feels natural and comfortable to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a dark blonde veering red with blonde eyelashes and normally I cannot wear black mascara. Kanebo 38*C is the exception.

What I like about the black shade is that it is a dull black, so it provides definition and color without looking OTT on my light lashes. If you are looking for a super dark black mascara this is most definitely NOT for you. If you are looking for something that defines and gives a lot of definition and a tiny bit of volume to your lashes, the Kanebo 38*C is great.

I travel a lot and I like the small brush and tube for their portability. My lashes are reasonably lush so I really just need a spot of color and definition, and the 38*C makes my lashes look like they are there without making me look made-up per se. At the same time, when I do want to be more made-up, this mascara also does the job.

What I really like is that this product stays on with minimal flaking but isn't a PITA to actually take off at night- it comes off with my normal face wash.

It is a little pricey but considering this mascara is easy to get in duty-free and in two-for-one packages, the price is amortized a bit. If you are looking for an easy-to-use, easy-to-find and natural-looking mascara, give 38*C a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this with Shu Uemura Lash Repair to give it extra kick. It's an amazing mascara and comparable to YSL Faux Cils. At first I was almost disappointed that it doesn't volumize lashes, but the separating and lengthening properties really compensate for that. I love how well this mascara defines my super fine Asian lashes. It really fans them out and gives them that fluttery look. The best part is that it doesn't smudge at all, even when I'm lazy and just hit the pillow after a full day of work and play. And when you wash it off, if you forget to use eye makeup remover like I sometimes do, it looks like little tubes on your face cloth which are easy to rinse off, unlike some mascaras which leave a giant black smudge on your lovely Sheridan face cloth AFTER using eye make up remover. Would definitely repurchase again. It's on its way to being my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lumi1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tryed a lot of different brands, always had problems because with my hooded eyes, mascara tends to smudge, not with this one, its the perfect mascara for hooded eyes. No smearing, lasts all day, even when doing sports or going to the sauna. Easily removable with warm water, does not irritate eyes when wearing contact lenses. I'm using my 4 tube of this and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to minus one lippie because this doesn't give much of lenght or volume, it just gives color which lasts until you wash your face with warm water. The brush is teeny tiny but it works. I really like this mascara because I seem to have a problem with smudging, but this mascara NEVER smudges. I trust this 100% and that's why this was my choice on my wedding day. The packaging is elegant and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by angelaenparis

Best mascara ever. This is the first and only mascara I have ever used that didn't give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. It stays put, doesn't budge and feels great going on. No eye makeup remover required. All it takes is warm water and it comes right off!! I can go to the gym, sweat, and doesn't smudge one bit. Only problem is it's impossible to find nowadays for some reason. You can order it from Neiman's online but it's always backordered....hmm....Also it's expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just the best everyday mascara. Never smudges or clumps and it's buildable for slightly more dramatic lashes. Btw, I wear contact lenses. The brush is very tiny. If you prefer really big brushes like Maybelline's, you won't like this it. For those who prefer smaller brushes I can say this one is very handy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No