July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Beyond Color Lip Recovery Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by MelissaNZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in pink charm.
Its a really nice sheer shimmery nude pink!
Its an easy application, but i just HATE, HATE the smell of it.
Because of that I won't be using or repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by plumfizz

I didn't like it (tasted funny) but I gave it to my mom and shes a huge fan. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by PoshMCRchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this!! It makes my lips so soft and full! The color looks amazing on me! It doesn't work for everyone though, because I let my sister use mine, and it looked horrible! It wasn't even, and the color made her look like a clown! She also has another one, the darkest shade, and that looks even worse on her.
I think it might have something to do with whether or not you moisturize your lips first... I apply a little Vaseline, let it soak in, then apply this. I LOVE the applicator by the way!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this awhile back in the color "Pink Charm" and it looked like I swallowed a whole bottle of Pepto Bismol when I put it on. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by BroncTeach

I usually love Avon lippies, but this one is a disaster. It's a click wand which is annoying enough, but the texture of the cream is horrible. It's VERY thick and gloppy. What a mess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 12:36:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

i just got mine in the mail ...
i confused with the click at first and clicked way too much!
at this point i smelt something funny, oh boy, this thing is pungent indeed.
i coughed. cant put down what the weird smell is.
the texture is very thick too, i feel like im applying some acrylic paint to my lips, smell and all. i had to blot lightly with a tissue after that, thankfully no more smell. wont buy again, the smell is too terrifying for words. Update : I thought i could get over the smell if i just held my breath. But no, it didn't work. Thats how pungent it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 12:55:00 AM More reviews by get_the_lipstick_free

Love the product, feels great going on. Lasts a goodly amount of time and have great colors, and I use it with other lip colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by coopercat3104

I got this because I wanted to try a colored lip balm. I got this in Golden Rose but on me it was more bright bright pink. It was nice and thick but the color was just awfull. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale and thought it sounded good because of the moisturizing benefits and the SPF 15. The shade I purchased was Golden Rose, and it is a beautiful shimmery pink for my cool, fair skintone. The product itself is a thick cream that smooths out fairy easily with the brush applicator and has decent lasting power. It also doesn't dry out my lips, which is a problem I have with many lipsticks. The only drawback is the smell. It's a pungent dill pickle/caraway/fennel smell that frankly frightens me a little. However, it wears off shortly after I apply it and I'm fairly convinced that I don't exude pickle odors. I would buy again, but hope that Avon reformulates it with a better fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I first bought this in one of the light nude colors. It was awful and gave me old lady drag-down mouth, like a "before" picture for collagen injections. For some reason, I recently decided to try cherry. It was probably on sale. The color is much better, much more lip plumping on me. It is very bright so many people probably would not like the color. I'm fair and slightly yellow so it perks up my winter skin. I'm using a nude liner with it to town it down. The cream is thick and doesn't go on smooth, but I smooth it with my finger and it looks good. I didn't notice any smell, maybe Avon fixed that problem. I don't mind click pens, so the packaging is OK, not great. The product does have a lip softening quality that is nice, but I don't have dry lips, unless I wear nothing on them. I will probably try another color when this is on sale. It is different, lip plumping (in the right color, I guess) without obvious gloss or shimmer. I like products that make my lips look plumper without a thick layer of gloss.