April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - CoverGirl Ultimate Finish Cream to Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte finish
- lasts
- doesn't oxidize

CONS

- sheer
- sets quickly

COMMENTS: This is an okay product, but I don't use this as foundation. I use a darker shade for contouring. It sets to a powder/matte finish, but rather quickly (I would not recommend this if you have dry skin). You have to work fast with this product. I like the natural look it gives me for this purpose, but it's also quite sheer and needs to be built up for my desired results.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I bought this by accident. I was trying to replace Maybelline's PureStay Powder Foundation, which has apparently been discontinued, which I had been buying for years if only because I prefer to carry a rectangular-shaped compact in my handbag (fits better in the interior pocket than do round pressed powders). I couldn't find a rectangular compact to stow in my handbag until I found this. That being said, I bought it not appreciating that it is a pancake type foundation. Once I realized my mistake, I decided to go ahead and try it anyhow because I've never really experimented with cream-to-powder foundations. I use an oil-free sunscreen but that doesn't stop it from looking shiny under most of my makeup. Applying Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Cream to Powder Makeup over sunscreen turned out to be a good combination because the sunscreen helped it smooth to a better finish. I set my face with Physician's Formula powder and used a spritz of water to set it. I then headed out for for the day to attend a festival/street fair, under an unseasonably hot, 90-degree sun. To my surprise the makeup, which I expected to melt off, held up and I arrived home looking as put together as when I left (which never happens to me under such conditions). Not bad for a mistake!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by victoria2305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this so many times I used to love it but after having my second baby my skin has changed..so this foundation and is no longer for me. I have dry skin now..and this is horrible for dry skin!!! Hate this stuff..ughhhh

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

Not exactly recommended for drier skin types. Also goes on fairly easy but leaves an obvious chalky finish, not that airbrushed smoothness most of us want. Skip this.Unless you have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Henrytm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use this a lot. But it honestly oxidizes like crazy!!!! Turns into orange hell after awhile and that's with primer and setting powder. I want to love it but just can't after I've tried so many better ones. I won't throw out the one I currently have as it's ok for short time periods so I'll keep it as a backup. But will not use unless I have to. It's also full of pore clogging wax. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jdcapps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this due to the seemingly ease of application....BUT you have to be careful applying it as just when you think you are flawless there is a spot that refuses to blend! This makeup does not last long either EVEN with a primer underneath. The shade "creamy beige" is a perfect match for me but I need something that lasts all day and something that blends easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by onlybeautyobsessed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so great for people who don't want to look powdery and want their skin to look natural. It's really great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

I love this stuff! It is really buildable, blends flawlessly, and wears all day. It helps me cover my dark circles and uneven skin tone, and doesn't cake. The best part is, I don't need to set it with powder, and I don't get an oil slick mid day. I've tried do many items like this that have been major fails. This one is the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty decent powder foundation. It's hard to describe the texture. It's like someone mixed powder & foundation together. My sister & I use this everyday. It covers really nicely, but it can cake super easily. I recommend using your fingers to apply it instead of the sponge it comes with. It's more hygenic that way too. I find it easier to apply with my fingers, it doesn't cake too easily that way. The color is a bit too pale for me (Classic Ivory), but I tried the shade darker and it was too dark. They discontinued the shade between Classic Ivory(210) and forgot the color name but it was numbered(220). It would of been a perfect match if they didn't discontinue it. :[
It's super cheap though! My whole family uses this product. I'm almost out there's barley enough left for the next week of school. It lasted me about 1 year and a half. I'm pretty sure. This product doesn't stay very long though. Maybe an hour or two. If you go & blow your nose or whip your nose the makeup will easily come off.

Pros:
- fantastic coverage! [covers my horrible redness & huge zits]
- good to travel with & throw in your purse. [it has a pretty decent mirror too!]
- super cheap

Cons:
- can get cakey [if applied with the sponge applicator, I suggest using fingers!]
- doesn't last very long.

The great thing is that this product is travel sized so you can touch up throught the day if you have time, but if you go to school or work and can't touch up often, I suggest buying Revlon Colorstay foundation/whipped foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jowalters

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to use over my Clinique Pore Solutions. I find this work just fine. No grease on my face. In fact today I was asked what I was using, that my skin looked so nice.
First I use Clinique Pore Solutions, then a very small dot of the pore solution that is in a tube (invisible bright) just on my chin. Then the ultimate finish. And even by the end of the day my chin is not greasy.