December 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - CoverGirl Ultimate Finish Cream to Powder Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CoverGirl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder makeup is advertised as a cream to powder; however, this is not the case. Normally cream to powder foundations change to a smooth matte finish once applied. This foundation does not. It is greasy and sticky in the compact and applies greasy and NEVER dries completely. Five minutes after applying it was still slightly sticky (like some liquid foundations are) and an hour later was the same way. When touching your face with this makeup on, the makeup will rub off onto your hand. Adding a finishing powder would help the greasiness but seems to defeat the purpose of a cream to powder foundation. Also, it feels very heavy and looks mask like and in no way sheer. I have been trying to find a replacement makeup for my holy grail Maybelline Pure Stay but this CoverGirl is DEFINITELY not it. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by alexdarbyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wish I liked this, but I dont. If you have dry skin (like me) AVOID THIS!! I also have very sensitive skin and it dried my skin out really bad which made it even worse. 100% not going to buy this again but it is very lightweight on your skin for the "ultimate finish".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I use this to contour my eyes. I'm fair and use 455 Soft Honey. It's a smooth consistency and thick so I have a hard time imagining using it on my entire face. It's very creamy and has good staying power on my eyes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte finish
- lasts
- doesn't oxidize

CONS

- sheer
- sets quickly

COMMENTS: This is an okay product, but I don't use this as foundation. I use a darker shade for contouring. It sets to a powder/matte finish, but rather quickly (I would not recommend this if you have dry skin). You have to work fast with this product. I like the natural look it gives me for this purpose, but it's also quite sheer and needs to be built up for my desired results.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I bought this by accident. I was trying to replace Maybelline's PureStay Powder Foundation, which has apparently been discontinued, which I had been buying for years if only because I prefer to carry a rectangular-shaped compact in my handbag (fits better in the interior pocket than do round pressed powders). I couldn't find a rectangular compact to stow in my handbag until I found this. That being said, I bought it not appreciating that it is a pancake type foundation. Once I realized my mistake, I decided to go ahead and try it anyhow because I've never really experimented with cream-to-powder foundations. I use an oil-free sunscreen but that doesn't stop it from looking shiny under most of my makeup. Applying Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Cream to Powder Makeup over sunscreen turned out to be a good combination because the sunscreen helped it smooth to a better finish. I set my face with Physician's Formula powder and used a spritz of water to set it. I then headed out for for the day to attend a festival/street fair, under an unseasonably hot, 90-degree sun. To my surprise the makeup, which I expected to melt off, held up and I arrived home looking as put together as when I left (which never happens to me under such conditions). Not bad for a mistake!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by victoria2305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this so many times I used to love it but after having my second baby my skin has changed..so this foundation and is no longer for me. I have dry skin now..and this is horrible for dry skin!!! Hate this stuff..ughhhh

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

Not exactly recommended for drier skin types. Also goes on fairly easy but leaves an obvious chalky finish, not that airbrushed smoothness most of us want. Skip this.Unless you have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Henrytm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use this a lot. But it honestly oxidizes like crazy!!!! Turns into orange hell after awhile and that's with primer and setting powder. I want to love it but just can't after I've tried so many better ones. I won't throw out the one I currently have as it's ok for short time periods so I'll keep it as a backup. But will not use unless I have to. It's also full of pore clogging wax. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jdcapps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this due to the seemingly ease of application....BUT you have to be careful applying it as just when you think you are flawless there is a spot that refuses to blend! This makeup does not last long either EVEN with a primer underneath. The shade "creamy beige" is a perfect match for me but I need something that lasts all day and something that blends easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by onlybeautyobsessed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so great for people who don't want to look powdery and want their skin to look natural. It's really great