July 22, 2014 | 2311 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color Trio for Blues

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Neivahismyname

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This might sound a lil weird but i only like wearing this in the winter time(: I have pale skin and i already look like a porcealin doll but this just made me look like a really pretty porcealin doll. These colors arent the best for blue eyes.. i dont think they did much for my eyes popping wise but they do apply well and they are cute colors. The packaging is a little funky though.. and its hard to get open

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh, I don't understand why people are still telling blue-eyed girls to wear blue eyeshadow. Never match your eye color! As someone with bright blue eyes these colors look terrible on me. Even if you don't have blue eyes though I can't imagine these looking good on anyone. The blues are okay but the brown is just yucky. Got this as a gift and would not buy for myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So pretty in the pan but there's so little color payoff. Even with my UDPP this underwhelmed me. The Kleancolor shadows I find at the 98 cent store are better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At my local dollar tree they have a ton of Almay trios (all this color). picked one up. & is okay. It's very shimmery. The pigments ok. The lasting power is ok... Nothing exceptional to me. Just average. But worth a try if you love the colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought one of these trios at my local postie+ store in a rush. obviously i dont have blue eyes (im asian, so yeah..) but i picked up the trio for blue eyes because the colors are pretty neutral/smokey and im never one to wear crazy colors. the item was 14bucks with a free eye liner so its really not bad here in NZ. the shadows are pigmented and soft and easily blendable. i put the charcoal color on the lid and blend the brown in the crease with the silver shade on the inner corners and it works so well! i never thought this combo would work this well! the shadows last all day long (then again its winter here so really not humid or hot or anything). i would repurchase but its unlikely i will run out since i really dont wear make up that much (yet i have a vast collection, oh da shame lol). i agree that this trio is a bit too dramatic for day time (unless you are into dramaticness at all times), but then again i dont mind because i dont usually wear eyeshadow in the day time anyway and bought this trio with party/night time in mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence with this trio. On one hand, the quality of the shadows is just fine. They're pigmented, have very little fallout, and they blend easily. What I have some beef with is the actual colors that Almay selected to look good with blue eyes. Yes, browns and blues look good with blue eyes. If you ask me, though, this palette is too intense for eyeryday wear, especially when all three shadows are worn at once. It's really more of a nighttime/formal look. I like to wear shades that bring out my natural eye color, and this palette does do that. I wish they'd made the colors a little more soft and wearable, but that's just me. If you're looking at these colors and saying to yourself, "Gee, those look a little dark for me," then skip. They are.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My husband bought this for me years ago, because he has always loved my blue eyes and these were on a very prominent display at the store. Mine came with a bronzey-brown eyeliner but no instructions whatsoever. Maybe that is why I liked it so much. I wore this everyday to work for the longest time, but since the packaging didn't tell me any crazy suggestions about putting blue under my eyebrow, I put the light blue on the inner third of my lid, the brown on the outer two-thirds, and the navy in the crease. Then I just blended it all with my finger and used the brown liner. Looked good, and I got compliments on it quite a bit. The colors are fairly pigmented and have a very flattering satin finish. Even after I discovered makeup and started collecting shades like crazy, I would still use the bronze in this palette with MAC All That Glitters and Dazzlelight. They're just good shadows. I wouldn't repurchase, because by now I have fifty or more eye shadows and have become way more creative with my application. But if you are fairly new to makeup, or like a quick and easy everyday look, this is a great option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've discovered a few tricks with eyeshadow to make you look like Kate Hudson does in the commercials for this trio. First, you can't use a base on the highlight portion or the blue shimmer looks "disco"...Secondly, you can't use the spongy applicator (if there's even still people who use those...), you HAVE to use a brush. Third, after applying all three colors, it is imperative that you use a largish blending brush to harmonize all the colors. Then slap on some of the bronze eyeliner (liquid or pencil, whichever) and the bronzish mascara and BAM! Instant glowing blue peepers. EVERY TIME I WEAR THIS, someone says, "WOW, I never noticed how intense your eyes are!" It's all smoke and mirrors. It's meant to ENHANCE the color, not be spackled on (hence the no primer - it stays well enough without it) and showcased as blue and brown striped eyeshadow. When used correctly on blue eyes, this products is magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by roeroex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping I would be able to wear all three together, to create an intense blue eyes look. But I honestly did not like the three colors together at all. The light blue as a highlight looks way too over done and shimmery! I looked like I was going to a club, not good for everyday. The dark blue on the crease definitely did not go with the brown. It all looked too dark and did not bring out my blues. If anything the brown made them looked duller. Seperately, I could use the brown color in my crease with a light shadow, or the blue all over the lid if I'm feeling adventurous. I didn't like the light blue so I probably won't be using this one.Wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought these eyeshadows were ok but I dont think the color selection is for me.The shadows go on nice and smoothly and contain a good amount of pigment.This trio for blues really brought out my blue eyes but at the same time the dark brown and blue looked horrible on my fair skin.I usually stay away from dark shadows because they seem to make me look washed out,but I would reconmend this to someone with a little darker complection who can pull off the colors.