November 27, 2014 | 1392 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Eye Makeup Remover for Waterproof Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

OMFG! I agree with the reviewer below (LauraDBM). My review is also for the Renforcils Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover. This has to be the worst makeup remover ever created! Not only did it not work it, it stung my eyes like no other! This was in gel form and I had to viciously rub this product into my eyes to get my waterproof makeup off and it never did. I have no clue why this even had a sticker saying it was voted #1 eye makeup remover in Canada! On the back it said "may sting eyes, just flush down with water." Are you serious?! Do you expect the user to do this every time they use the product?! I bought this at Walmart in Canada for $14. I returned it, there is no way I'm keeping or flushing $14 in drain for this horrible product. Lancome Bi-Facil is still the best eye-makeup remover I've ever used for high end. And Maybelline Clean Express Ultra Gentle Waterproof eye makeup remover for drugstore.

About my eyes and skin surrounding the area: Sensitive/Easily irritated

Other eye removers tried: Lancome(Best High-end)Chanel, Clarins, Nivea, L'Oreal, Almay, Make Up For Ever, Clinique, Dior, Shiseido and Maybelline(Best Drugstore).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LauraDBM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Renforcils waterproof make-up remover (not sure if there are many kinds). This is really the worst waterproof makeup remover I've ever tried. It's a gel, which I thought would be good, and $17 in the pharmacy! (So I expected it to work well, especially for the price!) But it literally does NOTHING. It's supposed to be protective for lashes but I must have pulled out at least 5 in the past 2 days from rubbing trying to remove waterproof mascara since this product is so terrible. I don't understand it! I've tried other Marcelle products and loved them but this was just a MAJOR disappointment. I ended up using cooking oil out of desperation (and it worked 50x better!). I'm not rich so $17 down the drain really bites...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a bi-phase formula that removes waterproof mascara effectively. I purchased two of these from Wal-Mart on clearance for 4.99 with bonus mascaras (love a deal). I've tried Marcelle eye make-up removers before and found them disappointing. I was very impressed with this though I don't know if I'd purchase again unless they were on sale as I believe they retail for approximately $11.99 Cdn and I normally use Clean & Clear which is quite often on sale for $4.99. I wear a lot of eye make-up and tend to go through quite a few bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sabrinav

Sooo oily and greasy... I've heard that baby oil also works as a makeup remover and it's much cheaper and as greasy as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by franny06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just switched back to this after using up my Neutrogena, and I am delighted at how much less drying it is, and how effortlessly it removes my heavy eye make-up. (Not to knock Neutrogena -- it is probably great for those only needing to remove minimalist make-up.) More expensive, but worth it for me because it allows me to continue wearing my dramatically-applied, super-indelible eyeliner without wreaking havoc on the delicate skin of my lids :)
Edit: While I'd still recommend this product to others, I'd do so with qualifications: I found that the residue ended up plumping up my lids a bit...? Not sure if that was due to too much moisturizing or it was a bit of an allergic reaction (no redness, just... puffy eyelids) but I didn't like that effect -- but others may appreciate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by TRIPPIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is now my favorite eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara. I used to use Mary Kay which works but takes more effort - you need to rub more and use more product. I like the fact that I can pick up Marcelle at my local Shoppers Drug Mart for less money than MK, and it regularly goes on sale which makes it even more economical. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by coconutcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the most effective eye make up remover i have used. unlike most removers including bi phase products from other lines, this is the first that hasn't caused me to lose my lashes. i wear moderate to heavy eye make up with falsies on a daily basis and couldn't be without this. (^,^)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by BexiBbad

WOW... this is the best makeup remover I have ever tried. Takes even the toughest waterproof stuff off without losing lashes or drying out your skin. It can feel a little oily initially, but the feeling fades fast. I usually follow with a gentle facial cleanser.
Price wise it's not too bad for how long it lasts. about $12 a bottle. However it lasts months being used daily. I have been using it for several years now. Always works. Never irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Maitaimedia

THE best eyemakeup remover on the market for a moderate price. I suppose I could go even more high-end, but this one, after holding the pad to my eyes for about 10 seconds, just melts off my waterproof mascara after 2 swipes.

It does feel greasy and oily, but thats when you do a soapless cleanser like Spectro Gel to get the feeling out of your eyes.

HIGHLY recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Fairdose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I like about Marcelle products is that they are hypo-allegenic and for sensitive-skinned gals like me, that's always a plus.
I've been using this remover now for about a year and it has never irritated my skin or eyes. Takes everything off and you don't feel like your skin is suddenly raw. The one gripe I do have is that the finish is a little oily but after a few minutes it seems to go away. For a drugstore brand, it should be a little cheaper I think.