October 25, 2014 | 1634 users online

Makeup Brushes - H & M - Kabuki Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by morphinization

I have the old one of this (long handle with long, weak bristles) which I'm not too fond of.. the only thing it's good for is loose powder. However, I went by the H&M and recently saw that they have a new one! It's like a normal kabuki with shorter bristles packed together on a shorter handle, LOVE IT! I have been looking for a huge bronzer brush that'll pick up my pressed estee lauder bronze goddess and I've finally found it!

Edit: I'm taking one star off as I have in the meanwhile purchased brushes that are much softer than this one. Although this brush picks up a lot of product, it also becomes stiff and less soft over time which can be a little abrasive for your skin. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a nice big all-over bronzer brush and I don't feel like dishing out $42 for Sigma's Extravaganza body brush (although I've been eyeing it!).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by jacquiem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe the other H&M makeup brushes are of higher quality, I'll be checking those out later on I suppose.. But not very impressed with this kabuki brush. The bristles are very rough & it is not at all fluffy as you'd expect from a higher priced brush! It is very very cheap though so you can't really complain much. If you're against spending money on makeup brushes I would say try the other H&M brushes but steer clear of this one & splurge on a better quality one :) x

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale this Winter 2009 for 20 HKD (That's around USD 2?!). It's just very cheap, 50% off, that's why I was tempted to buy one because I do not have one. The brush is too long, it doesn't help me at all to put loose powder on my face, and the brush is too hard. Anyway, it's very cheap, and very easy (no need to feel guilty) if I chuck it into the bin in a matter of days..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a kabuki brush to replace the puff I was using to apply the powder I use in the morning and found this brush at H&M for about 3.90eu. It does the job but is not as soft as some of the higher quality brushes out there, unfortunately. It is cheaply made (hence cheaply sold) and the materials aren't the best, but the kicker was the fact that the bristles on this brush are very badly dyed. There comes a time in every brush's life when it needs to be cleaned - this can be done with special cleaning fluid such as retailed by MAC, but even MAC salespeople will recommend using gentle shampoo and conditioner. This works fine with most brushes, but the H&M kabuki brush will lose an insane amount of color from the bristles. Every time I wash this brush the sink is a deep shade of blue and the dye simple washes off. I believe there will be a time soon that my brush will no longer be black but a bizarre shade of worn pavement grey, which makes me shudder at the thought of the amount of dye particles which are dispersed on my skin when I actually use this brush - they may not be visible, but there's a big chance that they are there. In addition, washing the brush disperses a heavy chemical smell, which is probably either released from the dye or the the bonding agent used at the base of the brush. I have yet to suffer any breakouts from this brush or any bad effects, therefor I can not play dermatologist and claim that this brush is bad for your skin. But my common sense tells me that any brush which releases insane amounts of dye from the bristles and disperses a strong chemical smell when washed is best to stay away from. I am going to save up my hard-earned cash and purchase a Kabuki brush from MAC when I can afford it, and will not be purchasing brushes from H&M ever again. They may do the job, but sadly that's not the only factor which needs to be taken into consideration.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by renemy

Damn, this thing is cheap! Kabuki brushes are usually $50, but the H&M one is $4.90! It's a little too long-haired and floppy to be called a kabuki. I use it to apply pressed powder. It's not the softest (you think you're getting cashmere for $5?) and it does shed occasionally, but it's just fine for the occasions you need to use a big, fluffy brush. It's very very fluffy.