Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.6

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

on 4/6/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Removes my makeup well without irritating or drying out my skin.
EDIT: I should specify that I meant eye makeup and that I currently don't wear waterproof mascara or any hard to remove eye products.

I ran out of makeup remover face wipes and tried it on my skin (as opposed to just the eye area), it reacted. I did a quick test on my forehead and I felt a breakout developing in that area. This product isn't good for sensitive skin. I'm surprised at how well it works on my eyes in contrast to how poorly it works on the rest of my face.

on 1/28/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a sample from Beauty Habit and it's fabulous so I got some. A much better deal than Bobbi Brown Waterproof Makeup Remover, which I have bought numerous times and love too. Nice to have your eye makeup removed so thoroughly that you can feel the clumps of it just slide off. Doesn't leave your skin dry or oiling; just soft and clean. I use with my other cleanser, a Boots No. 7, but might just try using the Avene by itself. Never heard of the brand before I got the sample, and it has quite a history!

on 12/4/2014 7:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I bought it on sale (before I used Clinique, but it's pretty expensive) as I needed something for winter season. I don't use it as a make-up remover, as I like to wash my face with a cleanser and water. I needed something which can work as a toner and remove everything left on my skin.
As my skin is sometimes can be capricious I like to clean my face with cotton pad with Micellar water in the morning or if I didn't wear any make up that day, then I just put some cream and I'm ready to go.

+ It doesn't cause any breakouts, not sticky, smells nice, not as harsh as Bioderma.
- I don't like cap - it's messy. Also it's pity that package is so small without the pump.

on 8/2/2014 12:30:00 AM

This is my go to for eye make up removal. It can completely remove waterproof macara and yet is really gentle on the eyes. Being fickle I have aldi tried other brands but always go back to this as it is simply the best!

on 1/27/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I don't use this as a makeup remover - I use it twice daily as my face cleanser. It's the only cleanser I've used in the past two years. I have no break outs, and my skin is less dry as a result, even in winter. Before I started using this Micellar lotion cleanser, the sides of my mouth used to crack in winter (ew and ouch), and now they don't! The reason I purchased this cleanser in the first place is that it says "no rinse" on the package. I figured it must be very easy on the skin, then. Mine is sensitive, although since I started using Avene Skin Recovery Cream four years ago it's less so.

I use this cleanser when I wake up in combination with Avene Thermal Water, then again before I go to bed. I only wear makeup 3 times per week at most so I'm not looking for more than a cleanser. Here's my routine: 2 sprays of Thermal Water, pat gently once with soft clean towel to remove excess moisture, smooth Micellar lotion cleanser over face with fingers and gently massage t-zone, 1 spray of Thermal Water, gently pat dry.

I have repurchased this lotion nearly a dozen times, and I have a travel sized bottle which I empty and refill quite regularly since I'm away from home fairly often.

on 1/26/2014 11:40:00 PM

This is pretty good but has a strong fragrance. I rate this above most makeup removers since I can wipe and moisturise, no water needed. This isn't as good as Bioderma but comes close enough that I would repurchase. I do however prefer the Vichy Micellar over since since I just feel that removes more, a little elbow grease is needed here, but only minimally so. I say give this a go, its heaps better than the LRP micellar range.

on 1/25/2014 3:22:00 AM

I bought the Avene lotion micellaire i.e. Micellar lotion and the Bioderma Crealine H2o solution micellaire at the same time and tried both. The Bioderma is the better product. It removes makeup better. I will repurchase the Bioderma only.

Also the Avene required quite a few wipes to get makeup off - more than the Bioderma. Both products are expensive but cheaper make up removers just leave the skin very dry. Bioderma is worth the money and I recommend it.

on 12/1/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Like someone already wrote, this is a superb cleanser for the face. It's not as good for removing mascara, but will get rid of eyeshadow. Unlike other micellaire cleansers (including Bioderma), this one won't leave your skin feeling slightly tacky or like you need to wash your face. You skin will feel soft, cleansed, refreshed and extremely comfortable - fab! It has a scent but it's very slight and not too disturbing. This will work great if you have normal, dry or oily-dry skin. I'm not too sure how very oily skin would like this but it's worth a try especially in the winter. In addiotion to removing make-up, the micellaire lotion is good as a moisturising toner or a pre-treatment before moisturising. I'm definitely buying this again.

on 11/7/2013 1:11:00 PM

This micellar lotion feels nice on the skin and it smells well just like all Avene products, but if you're looking for something that removes makeup well I won't recommend it. I don't find it removes eye makeup properly. I use this product in the morning when my face is makeup free. If you're looking for a micellar lotion that removes well makeup I find nothing beats the Bioderma one for now!

on 10/22/2013 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I found this to be a nice, gentle makeup remover, but faced with a choice between this and Bioderma, I would only repurchase Bioderma. The Avene water just doesn't seem to be as effective in removing heavy makeup, and it leaves my skin feeling a bit greasy, so I have to wash it anyway. Whereas with the Bioderma I can remove my makeup and then go straight to the gym without having to rinse my face off.

Having said that, I used up the whole bottle and it certainly didn't have any negative affect on my skin, so I would give it a go if you don't have the option of Bioderma and want something similar.