December 19, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Agniezka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought it on sale (before I used Clinique, but it's pretty expensive) as I needed something for winter season. I don't use it as a make-up remover, as I like to wash my face with a cleanser and water. I needed something which can work as a toner and remove everything left on my skin.
As my skin is sometimes can be capricious I like to clean my face with cotton pad with Micellar water in the morning or if I didn't wear any make up that day, then I just put some cream and I'm ready to go.

+ It doesn't cause any breakouts, not sticky, smells nice, not as harsh as Bioderma.
- I don't like cap - it's messy. Also it's pity that package is so small without the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by leeyinmei

This is my go to for eye make up removal. It can completely remove waterproof macara and yet is really gentle on the eyes. Being fickle I have aldi tried other brands but always go back to this as it is simply the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by AudreyAndrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this as a makeup remover - I use it twice daily as my face cleanser. It's the only cleanser I've used in the past two years. I have no break outs, and my skin is less dry as a result, even in winter. Before I started using this Micellar lotion cleanser, the sides of my mouth used to crack in winter (ew and ouch), and now they don't! The reason I purchased this cleanser in the first place is that it says "no rinse" on the package. I figured it must be very easy on the skin, then. Mine is sensitive, although since I started using Avene Skin Recovery Cream four years ago it's less so.

I use this cleanser when I wake up in combination with Avene Thermal Water, then again before I go to bed. I only wear makeup 3 times per week at most so I'm not looking for more than a cleanser. Here's my routine: 2 sprays of Thermal Water, pat gently once with soft clean towel to remove excess moisture, smooth Micellar lotion cleanser over face with fingers and gently massage t-zone, 1 spray of Thermal Water, gently pat dry.

I have repurchased this lotion nearly a dozen times, and I have a travel sized bottle which I empty and refill quite regularly since I'm away from home fairly often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is pretty good but has a strong fragrance. I rate this above most makeup removers since I can wipe and moisturise, no water needed. This isn't as good as Bioderma but comes close enough that I would repurchase. I do however prefer the Vichy Micellar over since since I just feel that removes more, a little elbow grease is needed here, but only minimally so. I say give this a go, its heaps better than the LRP micellar range.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by globalchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Avene lotion micellaire i.e. Micellar lotion and the Bioderma Crealine H2o solution micellaire at the same time and tried both. The Bioderma is the better product. It removes makeup better. I will repurchase the Bioderma only.

Also the Avene required quite a few wipes to get makeup off - more than the Bioderma. Both products are expensive but cheaper make up removers just leave the skin very dry. Bioderma is worth the money and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by solai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like someone already wrote, this is a superb cleanser for the face. It's not as good for removing mascara, but will get rid of eyeshadow. Unlike other micellaire cleansers (including Bioderma), this one won't leave your skin feeling slightly tacky or like you need to wash your face. You skin will feel soft, cleansed, refreshed and extremely comfortable - fab! It has a scent but it's very slight and not too disturbing. This will work great if you have normal, dry or oily-dry skin. I'm not too sure how very oily skin would like this but it's worth a try especially in the winter. In addiotion to removing make-up, the micellaire lotion is good as a moisturising toner or a pre-treatment before moisturising. I'm definitely buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Clau02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This micellar lotion feels nice on the skin and it smells well just like all Avene products, but if you're looking for something that removes makeup well I won't recommend it. I don't find it removes eye makeup properly. I use this product in the morning when my face is makeup free. If you're looking for a micellar lotion that removes well makeup I find nothing beats the Bioderma one for now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this to be a nice, gentle makeup remover, but faced with a choice between this and Bioderma, I would only repurchase Bioderma. The Avene water just doesn't seem to be as effective in removing heavy makeup, and it leaves my skin feeling a bit greasy, so I have to wash it anyway. Whereas with the Bioderma I can remove my makeup and then go straight to the gym without having to rinse my face off.

Having said that, I used up the whole bottle and it certainly didn't have any negative affect on my skin, so I would give it a go if you don't have the option of Bioderma and want something similar.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A few months ago I bought some Avene products to take with me on holiday. I bought the Micellar Lotion, the Eau termal spray, and some sunscreen creams 50+. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed with some of these. The micellar lotion was completely ineffective to remove my make up which, being on holiday, consisted only of ordinary Maybelline mascara (no waterproof) and MAC paint pot. I had to pull and tug with really mediocre results. Most of the make up would only shift around and under the eye, rather than being dissolved. I hated it so much that the evening routine became a nightmare but being on holiday I didn't really have a shop nearby to get something else. I almost turned to soap!
I thought I had chosen one of the best brands on the market as for micellar lotion but compared to Bioderma which I had previously used, it was a complete let down. Considering that the Avene products are not cheap, it was even more disappointing.
As for the termal water, the spray nozzle became clogged and although there is still plenty of product in the can, it is impossible to activate the spray.
Personally, I will stick to my trusted Bioderma and just walk past the Avene range next time I'm in Boots.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by lisa_thejack

I have one word for this product - AWFUL. It stings and removes nothing. It's like putting cleaning alcohol on your face! Very disappointed, definitely won't buy again.