November 28, 2014 | 2077 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Mechanical Eyelash Curler

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My review is based on the notion "you get what you pay for" and what I paid for this is $1 USD. It does the job but it only curled the inner half of my lashes then I had to figure out a way to maneuver the curler so I could curl the outer half of my lashes to match the curled part of my lashes. That was a very difficult feat in itself, almost impossible to actually do.

Now the reason for my low rating isn't actually because of the fact that I had to curl the inside lashes first then try to curl the outer half after, which made curling my lashes difficult. Oh no, it's because the pad had split (or cracked?) in half after having used this nearly everyday for a month and bought almost a month ago. I actually didn't realize the condition of the pad until I went to wash the pad cause of all the gunk that had built up on it. I had stupidly tried to curl my lashes with mascara on cause I've had quite a difficult time finding a mascara that holds a curl (still looking!) so I decided to curl before mascara and after mascara, how stupid, right? Big mistake, don't do that ladies. Anyways, I decided to wash it cause I had the issue of my lashes being tugged on and then the day I decided to wash it because it had pulled out 3 of my precious lashes! Well that's like 1/4 of my inner lashes lol. Not cool!
As I wash it I see a big thick crack on the pad and then I realize that's probably the culprit of the tugging and losing lashes. I mean when I push the curler down my lashes are most likely getting stuck in the crack.
I thought this had come with extra pads, 2 extras I think, but I can't remember. I can't find the pads, I looked high and low for them but honestly I was done with this piece of crap after today cause today when I used it, determined to use it one last time before I headed out to buy another one, the dang thing pulled out another eyelash! And it didn't curl my lashes, the dang thing crimped them! I swear it knew it was getting replaced with a better model, and being the vindictive POS it is, decided to have the last laugh. Into the trash it went!
Not worth it ladies, spend the extra $5-$10 on something else like Tweezerman, Revlon Or Trim brands.
Oh, and in all fairness the crack could have been caused from my pushing down the curler too hard thus cutting it with the top curler part or it could be a case of cheapness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

Cheap and does the job better than my pricy eyelash curlers!! Will definitely repurchase if it wears out

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I decided to try this after hearing raves about how great it was, especially for $1. I've had good luck with quite a few ELF products. But not this one - unfortunately this just does not work at all for my eye shape.

I have smaller, naturally slightly hooded eyes, almond shaped, very little lid space - and my HG curlers are the Shu, and Shiseido. These work perfectly for my eyes - do not rip out lashes, give a beautiful curl and fit snugly around the curve of my eyes. The ELF is the opposite : it barely curls, and what curl it did make looked bent and unnatural (and yes, I know how to use a curler, I curl gently 3 times working upwards - have been doing this for over a decade), also it makes weird creaking sounds and just feels so cheap in my hand. I also have to press ridiculously hard just to get the curl. Lastly, it pinches my eyelids. It's just uncomfortable and useless. No lie - this is the worst contraption I have ever dared to use in my eye area.

I see it works for many, but for those with my eye shape or smaller eyes - avoid, avoid, avoid. I tossed this after trying it out for a week, and will gladly keep shelling out the money for Shu or Shiseido instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I see there are apparently now different versions of this. I have the one like in the picture with the really large handles. I purchased mine at Dollar Tree. I really really like this eyelash curler. Those large handles make for a really comfortable grip and it makes it really easy to align the curler with my lashes. I would say I got an average amount of use time with the curling pad. There are no included refill pads so I had to throw this away once the curler pad wore out. I usually like to have at least one refill pad to try and stretch having to throw my curlers away. I will purchase this curler again when I am in need of a new one, especially if I find it at Dollar Tree for a buck. Great deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by CradleChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to like it, especially for the price but noticed that it would just wear off too easily, it literally made one of my lasheless :S :( !!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I heard two youtube gurus rave about this eyelash curler and of coarse I had to try it out, afterall, it's just $1. My eyelashes didn't hold a curl unless I pressed really hard, but when I did so, it tore the rubber and a few of my eyelashes. Went straight to the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by SpiffieCow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst eyelash curler I've owned. The rubber pad literally falls apart after a week of usage. It curls well, but the rubber pad does not last.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by megumiforyou

bought this just the other day after reading on here that it was one of their best products. Mine looks nothing like the one pictured with the bulky handles, so maybe I wasn't careful enough when I was reading about it.
Apparently it's discontinued now? I just bought one only a few days ago, and like I said, Target is selling them under the same name "mechanical eyelash curler" but I think I'm returning it.
Not because of the handles, but because the eye "cup" seems really small. I dont think I'm getting all of my lashes into the curling cradle part, and when I do curl them, they are curled like, 90 degree angle, looks weird and does not make my eye lashes look better at all.
Bummer, as I really wanted this to be a good buy. Maybe the new version is just no bueno?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by raydar87

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT but I'm seeing from the previous reviews that it is being discontinued. Whenever I was in Target I would grab one but for the past several weeks I noticed they were not restocking. This is very disappointing. I liked the chunky handles because they made for an easier grip and you could not beat the price. The replacements they have put out not worth the $ you spend on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost didn't review this and I am glad I am going to do so, because below the review indicates that this eyelash curler will no longer be available. I like the elf eyelash curler much better than my shu eyelash curler which may I add I can not find replacement pads for at Sephora. The elf curler fits perfectly at the base of my lashes and I enjoy using it and the price is outstanding. At this price I could replace the whole curler often. Well that is if they would have decided to restock. That really upsets me, I find something I love and those cosmetics companies decide to do away with it, grrrrrrrr!!! I love this eyelash curler.