MAC Lipglass in Shock-O-Late

4.1

on 8/7/2012 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like the neutral brown color. great for weekends in jeans with the chestnut lip liner.

on 1/23/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Shock-o-late lipglass is a great color and I recommend it to all who love rich true brown and shiny lips. It doesn compliment quite a few lipstcicks very well and I can imagine it can tone down certain lipstick quite well too.

The brown of Shock-o-late is rich and true but it's soft.

on 1/17/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This makes a great neutral on me. I like brown lipglosses/lipsticks, so I decided to buy this color. It stays on nearly all day, is shiny and such a pretty color against my skin. Definitely worth the price, but there are cheaper alternatives.

on 6/21/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Look up! I swatched it on my lips for yall. i'm wearng it over photo lipstick by mac.. I love shock-o-late lipglass, i keep back ups of this stuff . Also looks great on top of mac's 5N lipstick.

on 1/21/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

holy bologna batman...i can't believe i haven't reviewed this product yet.i've been wearing this lipglass constantly for over 5 years. it is my everyday color. i will wear a pink if i'm going to spring wedding, or a red if i'm going to a holiday party but other than that...i wear shock-a-late all fall/winter and revealing all spring/summer. i'm a lovely DDD and this is just the perfect throw on and go color. i would even venture to say this is my 'nude'. yes, it's dark and no it won't work on all skin tones, no color will ever do that!

on 5/9/2009 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

a girl at the MAC counter suggested this color for me, i am chocolate complected so thought she was joking and laughed...HOWEVER i did try it on at her suggestion and was surprised how nice it actually looked on me! i dont use it full strength, it does tend to really blend in but i do use it to darken up other colors or to blend with a clearer or bronze gloss. crazy thing is, HIP has a color the exact same shade for about 7 bucks less so if the price of MAC is not in your budget, there are alternatives.

on 4/1/2009 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Great rich deep brown. Cover my pigmented lips completely, but I agree is better when used on top of other l/s. I prefer to use it at night, because is really dark for my complexion (NC35-40). I think it would look better on darker skins.

Lasts a long time, as most of MAC glosses. Don't know if I would buy again, though.

on 12/24/2007 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

On its own and at full strength, this shade is absolutely horrible. Like mud/chocolate ice cream smeared all over your lips. However, when worn sheered out over a berry lipstain, the colour is ooh so gorgeous on this East Indian woman (NW43&NC45 mix) with berry shade pigmented lips. I love love love the fact that this doesn't contain any frost, shimmer etc but rather, wheen sheered out, leaves a very pretty sheen on my lips. This is my every day lip gloss and since my application is so sheer, this one tube has lasted me over 1 year. As for its lasting abilities, it does come off on coffee cups etc, however, since it is highly pigmented, what I mostly lose is the sheen rather than the actual colour. Since I am always chewing on pencils, etc, I find that I need to apply every 2 hours or so.

on 4/11/2007 9:17:00 PM

A great reddish borwn color. Shocking at first, but very pretty and lasts quite a long time with liner. Goes well with BBQ or Chestnut liner.

on 3/12/2007 3:42:00 AM

looks like i smeared poo on my face

Recommended for Medium Skin