September 22, 2014 | 984 users online

Self Tanners - Clinique - self-tanning lotion, dark

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by AshleyHarper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this self tanner a lot. While I don't think it's the best one out there, it's solid in just about every area you can think of. It smells ok, it's easy to apply, it lasts awhile and the color is a nice even shade of tan. Even though I trued the "dark" formula, the color was more of a medium bronze, which I like as an "everyday" color. I also like the way it fades, nice and even. If I have any complaints at all about this self tanner, it would be that it's a little sticky after it dries. Of course, once you wash it off in the morning, that's no longer an issue. But all-in-all, I like this old-time self tanner and use it occasionally during the week when I don;t need or want to be super-dark :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lealorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's pretty good, doesn't smell badly, or go on streaky like a lot of the others I've used. I got this new on eBay, after finding that it was cheaper to try it out from ebay than buying it. I'm sure it would be a good amount of $ if i had bought it from Sephora or a department store.I'm happy with it so far (used just a few times now that summer is here), so i think i'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This tanner is pretty basic--no special formula, scent, applicator, etc--but delivers even & natural color. It isn't particularly dark given its name, but it's enough for my fair skin. I wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase, but I'll use the rest of the tube I already have.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ajett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not very dark, more of a cast of orange than tan. didn't screw up my skin, good textured lotion, dried quickly, didn't smell. just not dark enough for me, for 17.50 though a fairly good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2004 10:49:00 AM More reviews by DELILAHIZ1ST

i've bought this twice, and it's pretty good. You have to really work it and rub it in. Use vasoline for your elbows, knuckles, knees, ankles, toes, plams etc. the smell is another thing. it's not as bad as the gells. I also use this 3x a week. it's oil free so i use this on my face as well. Not to bad, and it tends to streak by 2nd day or so. not bad for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this full-strength some last summer and didn't like it because it made me orange-y. I did like the darkness of it though. This year on vacation to the beach, the sunless tanner I had with me was causing me to itch (Neutrogena Foam), so at the mall I decided to get something from the dept. store. I considered Clarins, but was afraid it would be too light. I knew the Clinique would get me dark, and I thought I could mix it with lotion to maybe prevent the orangies. So for three nights in a row, I applied it with lotion - either applied lotion before the Clinique, or else mixed it in my hand 50/50. Each day, I woke up a little darker and smooth with no streaks or blotches! Today I woke up from the 3rd night of applying like this, and I'm the perfect color and depth for me. It's very dark, smooth & even, with a reddish-brown color. There may be a hint of orange, but I don't mind because a lot of real tans look that way, including tanning bed ones. This tan looks so real and even, and it's plenty dark for me for height of summer. Even my harder to tan areas, like chest and upper arms are smooth and tan. I am going to stick with this tanner and method for good. I may end up mixing it with a lotion in one container to save a step. This tanner also isn't too much more than some drugstore tanners. Well worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a great self tanner. It didn't ahve a horrible scent to it and I didn't have to reapply it every other day. No orange color either. It was easy to apply. I took the advice of other reviewers and put on a bit of moisturizer 15 mins before applying and my tan has lasted. Buildable for a nice dark tan. Very affordable at $15.50 for a 4.2 oz tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kathyklo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells great! Not just great compared to other poisonous-smelling ST, but it really smells nice on its own! It has this nice fresh Lavender scent that disappears once the ST is dry enough to put clothes over. There is no poisonous ST-y aftersmell, and it feels cool and non-greasy on the skin. The ST itself works really well, though it gives a golden, rather than brown colour. Will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by KIMLYNNE

I do love Clinique's products so I figured I would feel the same about their sunless tanners. Not so! This expensive sunless tanning lotion left my type 2 skin a light shade of orange and it streaks pretty bad. I would not buy this again. There are better products out there that are cheaper ( Savage Bronze is the best !!!!!! )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2004 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic. My research here and on sunless.com led me to this ST. At the counter, the SA saw my PPP skin and said with certainty that I should go with the regular instead of the dark formula. I went against my instincts and got the regular--and it didn't give me enough color. Even though I am a PPP, I like to be able to see a difference after one application. So I exchanged it for the dark formula, and I love it. This is very natural on me even though it's "dark." But it certainly gives color, enough to make me look healthy. I mixed it with a touch of plain lotion to be extra careful too. The best part is, this truly has no offensive odor. It is the most odor-free ST I've tried. No failed attempts at covering the ST smell with fragrance either--it's fragrance-free and that works. Nice lotion formula with no color guide (which I prefer). The ST search (at least for this summer, lol) is over.