October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Lip Gloss - Sally Hansen - Lip Quencher- Daily Lip Moisturizer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just cleaning up my drawer, try to throw away some old lippies that has turned bad... and I found theseeee lip moisturizer and tried it on again. i remember how much i loved these before, it kept my lips soft all day when i used to use it at work. I have these in Blush Charm, which is a milky color with tiny bit of pink in it, and Sweet Tulip, which is a light dusty rose pink color. The texture of this gloss is very thick but not too sticky. It keep my lips moisturize and soft for hours. I will repurchase if i happen to finish to whole tube... :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I've gone through a million tubes of this in various shades in the past few years, and I was heartbroken to find that it's discontinued (or at least I can't find it anywhere anymore). It's true that it's goopy, but only if you put on too much. A tiny little dab is plenty, and keeps my lips smooth for hours and hours, without feeling the need to reapply like regular lip balms. The only downside is the ugly packaging. I wonder if I will ever find a replacement (hey, maybe it'll look prettier!)
Edit: So my replacement is also a Sally Hansen - the Natural Butter Lip Shimmer. It's fantastic (though not quite as good as the Lip Quenchers)
Edit 9-17-10 - I still reach for my Lip Quenchers (I get my fix from ebay, since they are d/c), but I've falled in love with MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner (pot) and the white tube Lip Conditioner. In the dead of winter I still need my Lip Quenchers, but otherwise the MAC ones are wonderful. I don't like the SH Natural Butter Lip Shimmers as much anymore, I find them too waxy

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in nude and it is a very thick, very shiny gloss. I found it at big lots for around $2 or so. I like that this product provides moisture and lasts for a while, but it is a bit sticky and doesn't smell very good. It doesn't have too much of a scent, but there is a faint, strange kind of glue-like smell too it. Fortunately, it is very slight and not too noticeable. It also has a nice, natural color. I probably wouldn't buy this again, as I have other glosses I like better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up at the local dollar store today on a whim. Too bad this is discontinued, i'll have to go grab the rest. I bought this in clear. It's so moisturizing, not too thick, but leaves a super shiny glossy finish. The scent is always my worst concern, but this is nearly tasteless except for a slight frutiness. I was really impressed with how it seems to sink in to your lips and moisurize better than any lipbalm, yet is a gloss. It also lasts through drinking and way longer than many of my other lipglosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that this product is discontinued! What?! They got rid of it when it came in the pot, now they got rid of the tubes?! I want to kill Sally! I bought all of the ones left at the Kmart where I found a few stashed on a top shelf. If you can find it, buy it...buy them all! It looks like a gloss, but is moisturizing...the best...and it is slightly grapefruity. The best I tell ya.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by astridmarguerite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lipgloss as its the one of the few glosses i have tried that live up to their claim of being moisturising too! have this in Sweet Tulip which looks a soft pink in the tube but looks fairly clear with very subtle pink/gold iridescense on my meduim pigmented lips, a MLMM kind of shade. Is dirt cheap everywhere i see it sold and had good lasting power for the money. I also like the smell, reminds me of oranges! Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by arianell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The perfect neutral-colored lipgloss/moisturizer. It has the benefits of a lip balm with the texture of a silky gloss. Perfect for a day when you want to feel good about yourself without looking too made up. It has a faint sweet smell that's pretty nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a great lip gloss/lipbalm hybrid! I have it in "Clear Nude", which is a great neutral color--medium rose-pink that is thankfully missing the cool, slight mauve/greyish undertones that a lot of "nude" lippies seem to have. This is very neutral-but-leaning-towards warm shade and is a slightly kicked-up version of my own lip color. No shimmer and a good amount of shine that is quite pretty and natural-looking, rather than blinding and tacky. Perfect now that I'm firmly in my "slightly-better-than-natural" makeup phase. The texture is exactly what I like in a gloss--slightly thick but easy to spread, creamy and smooth rather than sticky, but not slick and greasy. It's quite comfy on the lips and lasts for a few hours before needing reapplication. There's a very faint orange-y scent that is not bothersome at all and no taste. I love the little slant-tip applicator (it's slightly curved to fit the outward curve of one's lips, rather than being straight) and the smallness of the squeeze tube (which makes this quite easy to tuck into a teeny purse or pocket). The only thing missing is SPF, but I'm not too annoyed since this was really cheap at around 3 USD and I can just put a coat of my Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer on beneath it. I'm definitely going to stock up on these in Clear Nude and try a few of the other colors as well. Great DG find!
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by falloutboyrocks

it is a very good gloss... light but not to sticky.. the colors are great for a nice neutral sheen.. very pretty on all. the smell isn't anything too bad or overpowering but isn't the best. The packagining isn't to pretty. it's chunky and big but you do get a lot (kinda)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in starlett and although it's a pretty color and everything, it made my lips peel and crack so I won't be repurchasing, too bad. As someone mentioned before, it does smell like the juicy tubes pop, cute.