November 23, 2014 | 1609 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Buying natural is not a priority of mine, but I do like to try natural products. It's much better for the skin if it is natural. Alba is available in drug stores, and there are sometimes Buy One Get One Free sales, so I got this at Rite Aid. It was around 20 bucks, so quite pricey for 3 ounces. It comes in a jar that has a very natural look to it. The jar might be a concern for germ build-up, but I don't mind it. The product is amazing and a little bit goes a long way. It's extremely hydrating, so it's great for the cold winter months. I can't say I'm too fond of the smell though. It's supposed to have no added scents I'm guessing, but the smell becomes faint after being on the skin for a little while. Overall, it is an excellent product with a funky smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!

Great for my extremely dry skin, I simply cannot get enough of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love this since it smelled AMAZING but it made my not-at-all-sensitive skin burn like crazy. its felt nice and creamy and super moist until i started rubbing it into my skin. then the pain train began. ended up giving it to my mom who LOVES it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by tmacskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is very hydrating and the effect is long lasting - I live in the Mojave Desert and have combination skin. It has that unique, delightful consistency light enough for under-makeup use while heavy enough to be used as a night cream. In both cases, I apply the Jasmine cream away from the T-zone after the Alpha-Hydrox cream has had a chance to sink in and do its thing. I find the scent to be subtle and it fades quickly in any case.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ninanicolechan

my face became way more sensitive than I expected and it gave me alot of whiteheads and pimples which was what i was trying to prevent since my face cleared up for awhile not it only came back because of using this product. I read so many good reviews about it and the fact that it was cheap was a plus but at the end it wasn't the right product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell!!! The texture is creamy and thick and aaaaahhh!!! LOVE! My face is dry and sensitive. I was garnier radiant moisture rescue but I found it didn't sooth my skin. I was getting constant break outs. This has made my skin so soft, supple and it wears fantastic under make up. I got all day wear, no touch ups. I didn't look like a shiny mess. Even though I am so dry, I find that some creams just sit on my skin, and not absorb leaving me oily and gross. This is just amazing stuff. A new found love. I think this would make a great night cream for anyone, and a great daily moisturizer for normal to dry skin. Oilier skin may not appreciate this product. Having said that, I think if you are sensitive to fragrance, you may want to beware. Although this is advertised as

100% Vegetarian. No: Animal Testing, Artificial Colors, Parabens, Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Myreth Sulfate

There still contains chemical properties for fragrance. (Benzyle salicylate) and perfumes.

I am happy with this for me though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually use the lighter moisturizer Alba makes (hawaiian aloe and green tea) but I grabbed this one by accident. At first the smell turned me off because it is very floral and I prefer unscented but after using this, I like it. It is thick and very moisturizing without feeling heavy or greasy. It wears well under my makeup and is a great to use night time or day time. I like the jar packaging because I rinse out the empty jars and re use them for other things. At 13-15 dollars it is quite affordable because a little goes a very long way. Most importantly it is cruelty free and contains no animal ingredients

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by tinytlf

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month. I purchased it because I ran out of my DermaE moisturizer and knew it would be awhile before I could repurchase it. I sure wish I had not run out because this moisturizer has an odd smell and made me break out with small white heads all over my face. I thought that maybe if I added a few drops of tea tree oil, it made no difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have normal to sensitive skin that is clear most of the time and this moisturizer works very well for me. In combination with Desert Essence's Gentle Stimulating Facial Scrub, my skin winds up feeling baby-soft and smooth. It is so moisturizing that I only need a teeny-tiny bit to cover my entire face, which means that it lasts forever. Even if I accidentally use a little too much, it never feels heavy or greasy.

My one complaint is the scent. When I was looking at the test products at the store, the product had no apparent scent, but when I opened my new jar, it was quite overpowering. I have been using this product for several months, during which the scent has faded a little, but it's still there.

I do not like things going to waste, so I'm going to use this up, but I would like something that doesn't smell so artificial. I would repurchase this item if it didn't smell so awful.

PROS:
- Very moisturizing
- Light, good consistency
- A little bit goes a very long way
- Some natural ingredients
- The scent does fade with time

CONS:
- The jar packaging is not the best
- Perfumey, artificial scent
- A bit too pricey for my liking

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been experimenting with lots of facial moisturizers recently, but I keep coming back to this one. It feels easily as good as some of the more expensive ones I've tried (e.g. Clarins Nightwear). It's creamy, with a clean, whipped texture, but not greasy.

It contains only natural ingredients, no animal products, and isn't tested on animals. And it's inexpensive -- I pay $17.00 for 50 ml, compared to around $120 for Clarins Nightwear. It leaves my skin fully moisturized, and I wake up to calm, even-toned skin and relaxed features.

A major downside is the scent. It's pleasant enough, but fragrance-free would be better still. Another is the jar packaging. If it came in a pump and had no scent, it would be just about perfect.