Alba Botanica Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, organic sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, octyl palmitate, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tromethamine stearate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monolaurate, extracts of centella asiatica (gotu kola), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and jasminum officinale, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic oils of sweet almond, borago officinalis (borage) and jojoba, allantoin, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), macadamia ternifolia oil and aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, awapuhi and carica papaya extracts, dimethicone, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance.5/23/09

on 3/6/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- extremely easy to smooth and blend into skin
- amazing for dry/ super dry skin

CONS:
- not for those with oily skin -it'll just make it even oilier!

on 11/26/2014 11:59:00 PM

I have owned both the green tea aloe and jasmine one. This is the one I am currently using. I love it so much! It gives moisture to my face without my skin looking like a reflective disco ball. I love the scent and a big plus because it's natural! Very creamy and soft

on 11/16/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Buying natural is not a priority of mine, but I do like to try natural products. It's much better for the skin if it is natural. Alba is available in drug stores, and there are sometimes Buy One Get One Free sales, so I got this at Rite Aid. It was around 20 bucks, so quite pricey for 3 ounces. It comes in a jar that has a very natural look to it. The jar might be a concern for germ build-up, but I don't mind it. The product is amazing and a little bit goes a long way. It's extremely hydrating, so it's great for the cold winter months. I can't say I'm too fond of the smell though. It's supposed to have no added scents I'm guessing, but the smell becomes faint after being on the skin for a little while. Overall, it is an excellent product with a funky smell.

on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff!

Great for my extremely dry skin, I simply cannot get enough of it.

on 11/17/2013 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i wanted to love this since it smelled AMAZING but it made my not-at-all-sensitive skin burn like crazy. its felt nice and creamy and super moist until i started rubbing it into my skin. then the pain train began. ended up giving it to my mom who LOVES it.

on 11/17/2013 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is very hydrating and the effect is long lasting - I live in the Mojave Desert and have combination skin. It has that unique, delightful consistency light enough for under-makeup use while heavy enough to be used as a night cream. In both cases, I apply the Jasmine cream away from the T-zone after the Alpha-Hydrox cream has had a chance to sink in and do its thing. I find the scent to be subtle and it fades quickly in any case.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

my face became way more sensitive than I expected and it gave me alot of whiteheads and pimples which was what i was trying to prevent since my face cleared up for awhile not it only came back because of using this product. I read so many good reviews about it and the fact that it was cheap was a plus but at the end it wasn't the right product for me.

on 6/16/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the smell!!! The texture is creamy and thick and aaaaahhh!!! LOVE! My face is dry and sensitive. I was garnier radiant moisture rescue but I found it didn't sooth my skin. I was getting constant break outs. This has made my skin so soft, supple and it wears fantastic under make up. I got all day wear, no touch ups. I didn't look like a shiny mess. Even though I am so dry, I find that some creams just sit on my skin, and not absorb leaving me oily and gross. This is just amazing stuff. A new found love. I think this would make a great night cream for anyone, and a great daily moisturizer for normal to dry skin. Oilier skin may not appreciate this product. Having said that, I think if you are sensitive to fragrance, you may want to beware. Although this is advertised as

100% Vegetarian. No: Animal Testing, Artificial Colors, Parabens, Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Myreth Sulfate

There still contains chemical properties for fragrance. (Benzyle salicylate) and perfumes.

I am happy with this for me though!

on 1/18/2013 12:26:00 AM

I usually use the lighter moisturizer Alba makes (hawaiian aloe and green tea) but I grabbed this one by accident. At first the smell turned me off because it is very floral and I prefer unscented but after using this, I like it. It is thick and very moisturizing without feeling heavy or greasy. It wears well under my makeup and is a great to use night time or day time. I like the jar packaging because I rinse out the empty jars and re use them for other things. At 13-15 dollars it is quite affordable because a little goes a very long way. Most importantly it is cruelty free and contains no animal ingredients

on 11/4/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month. I purchased it because I ran out of my DermaE moisturizer and knew it would be awhile before I could repurchase it. I sure wish I had not run out because this moisturizer has an odd smell and made me break out with small white heads all over my face. I thought that maybe if I added a few drops of tea tree oil, it made no difference.

Popular Moisturizers