September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love this since it smelled AMAZING but it made my not-at-all-sensitive skin burn like crazy. its felt nice and creamy and super moist until i started rubbing it into my skin. then the pain train began. ended up giving it to my mom who LOVES it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by tmacskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is very hydrating and the effect is long lasting - I live in the Mojave Desert and have combination skin. It has that unique, delightful consistency light enough for under-makeup use while heavy enough to be used as a night cream. In both cases, I apply the Jasmine cream away from the T-zone after the Alpha-Hydrox cream has had a chance to sink in and do its thing. I find the scent to be subtle and it fades quickly in any case.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ninanicolechan

my face became way more sensitive than I expected and it gave me alot of whiteheads and pimples which was what i was trying to prevent since my face cleared up for awhile not it only came back because of using this product. I read so many good reviews about it and the fact that it was cheap was a plus but at the end it wasn't the right product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell!!! The texture is creamy and thick and aaaaahhh!!! LOVE! My face is dry and sensitive. I was garnier radiant moisture rescue but I found it didn't sooth my skin. I was getting constant break outs. This has made my skin so soft, supple and it wears fantastic under make up. I got all day wear, no touch ups. I didn't look like a shiny mess. Even though I am so dry, I find that some creams just sit on my skin, and not absorb leaving me oily and gross. This is just amazing stuff. A new found love. I think this would make a great night cream for anyone, and a great daily moisturizer for normal to dry skin. Oilier skin may not appreciate this product. Having said that, I think if you are sensitive to fragrance, you may want to beware. Although this is advertised as

100% Vegetarian. No: Animal Testing, Artificial Colors, Parabens, Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Myreth Sulfate

There still contains chemical properties for fragrance. (Benzyle salicylate) and perfumes.

I am happy with this for me though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually use the lighter moisturizer Alba makes (hawaiian aloe and green tea) but I grabbed this one by accident. At first the smell turned me off because it is very floral and I prefer unscented but after using this, I like it. It is thick and very moisturizing without feeling heavy or greasy. It wears well under my makeup and is a great to use night time or day time. I like the jar packaging because I rinse out the empty jars and re use them for other things. At 13-15 dollars it is quite affordable because a little goes a very long way. Most importantly it is cruelty free and contains no animal ingredients

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by tinytlf

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month. I purchased it because I ran out of my DermaE moisturizer and knew it would be awhile before I could repurchase it. I sure wish I had not run out because this moisturizer has an odd smell and made me break out with small white heads all over my face. I thought that maybe if I added a few drops of tea tree oil, it made no difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have normal to sensitive skin that is clear most of the time and this moisturizer works very well for me. In combination with Desert Essence's Gentle Stimulating Facial Scrub, my skin winds up feeling baby-soft and smooth. It is so moisturizing that I only need a teeny-tiny bit to cover my entire face, which means that it lasts forever. Even if I accidentally use a little too much, it never feels heavy or greasy.

My one complaint is the scent. When I was looking at the test products at the store, the product had no apparent scent, but when I opened my new jar, it was quite overpowering. I have been using this product for several months, during which the scent has faded a little, but it's still there.

I do not like things going to waste, so I'm going to use this up, but I would like something that doesn't smell so artificial. I would repurchase this item if it didn't smell so awful.

PROS:
- Very moisturizing
- Light, good consistency
- A little bit goes a very long way
- Some natural ingredients
- The scent does fade with time

CONS:
- The jar packaging is not the best
- Perfumey, artificial scent
- A bit too pricey for my liking

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been experimenting with lots of facial moisturizers recently, but I keep coming back to this one. It feels easily as good as some of the more expensive ones I've tried (e.g. Clarins Nightwear). It's creamy, with a clean, whipped texture, but not greasy.

It contains only natural ingredients, no animal products, and isn't tested on animals. And it's inexpensive -- I pay $17.00 for 50 ml, compared to around $120 for Clarins Nightwear. It leaves my skin fully moisturized, and I wake up to calm, even-toned skin and relaxed features.

A major downside is the scent. It's pleasant enough, but fragrance-free would be better still. Another is the jar packaging. If it came in a pump and had no scent, it would be just about perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Lovely night cream for my extremely clog-prone, hormonal acne-ridden, sensitive skin. I purchased it at wal-mart on a bit of a whim after realizing that my previous moisturizers were absolutely contributing to breakouts (cerave, both regular and pm--sadly...I adored the consistency of pm.) I don't mind the jasmine fragrance, especially since this product hasn't broken me out (I've used the whole tub,) but it's not quite cutting it in the moisture category for me, given that it's winter and all. I'd consider repurchasing during summer, but for now I am on the hunt for something a bit more emollient. I'd recommend this all the same!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by satellitedreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just started to use this last week, and so far so good! I put too much on the first time which made for some greasy looking skin, but I have the hang of it now. A little goes a long way for this cream. I can't say I care for the smell, but I can live with it.