September 30, 2014 | 1628 users online

Other - Crest - Pro-Health Rinse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I only used this product for about a month because it was on sale at the store (buy one, get one). After I finished it I switched to Listerine Whitening Rinse. I wasn't unsatisfied, I just wanted a whitening rinse instead. However; after reading the reviews about all the staining, I'm glad I didn't use this product long term! I personally was happy with the taste and overall quality, but I only used it for about a month or two. (The bottles I bought were sort of small, and I brush my teeth 2-3 times daily, so mouth wash doesn't last long for me!) I would repurchase, but will proceed with caution after hearing about the staining in the other reviews posted!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As many other reviewers have mentioned, this stuff stained my teeth like nothing else. It was an okay mouthwash, nothing spectacular --- certainly not worth staining your teeth BROWN!! Luckily I've nursed my teeth back to whiteness with Sensodyne whitening and using baking soda once or twice a week. As the company claims, no, the staining is not permanent, but I don't think that matters. If your teeth are stained, they are stained; either way it's unattractive. Please stay away!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm experiencing so much dry mouth from this mouthwash. I thought it was good at first but after using it for a week I'm almost positive the mouthwash is causing my symptoms. After reading all the complaints its probably better to buy a different brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

Used this 2x a day for 3 days. On day 2, I noticed some taste loss and a slight burnt feeling on my taste buds. i figured it was because I just started using mouth wash and was still adjusting. Day 3, I can barely taste anything and the chemical burn feeling is even more prevalent. I went online and looked up reviews and found SO many of the exact same complaints - it's crazy how many people have complained about this and then with prolonged use, it swells your parotid salivary glands, which means a swollen, painful jaw, and canker sores/blisters on the gums.

This stuff needs to be taken off the market. I feel so stupid for buying this because I told my husband I chose this over his usual Listerine because the ingredients looked better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this mouthwash pretty much everyday for several years. I actually liked the taste of it (kind of like root beer to me) and it seemed to clean my mouth well and freshen my breath. However, a few months after I started using it I noticed these brown stains on my teeth like people are mentioning. It looked like I had been drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes heavily (neither of which I do). I didn't equate it to the mouth wash until much later when I stumbled onto these reviews on MUA. I would never have dreamed that something called Pro-Health would cause such issues. I have to thank the people who took the time to write these reviews about how awful this product is. I had to go to the dentist twice to remove the brown stains from my teeth! It also caused one of my salivary glands to swell. Now that I have discontinued use, there are no more stains and my mouth feels healthier. There is indeed a class action law suit against this product. I for one can't believe it is still on store shelves. If you use this product, I would consider switching brands, and if you are considering buying this product I would stay away from it! The dental bills and dark brown stains are not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Spacebarscandybars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This stuff stains teeth like nothing else. Initially I thought the staining was due to the caffeine I was drinking until I switched to drinking only water for a few months, but the stains kept appearing. I looked online to see if this mouthwash was the culprit and read so many complaints. It was given to me by my orthodontist so I figured it had to be good, but that's not the case. Staining aside, this stuff also leaves behind a weird purple stringy residue on my teeth that always gets caught in my braces. It looks like I have gum stuck in there. I stopped using this stuff about a week ago and the stains on my teeth have already started to fade. There are much better rinses out there, don't buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by skylark

Love this stuff! I always get it in purple. For awhile I tried the Listerine version of this and it just can't compare!! This stuff never dries out my mouth, I swear it makes my teeth look whiter, and its got fluoride in it! What more can you want?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Debzs

THIS IS AN AWFUL PRODUCT!!! I used this mouthwash only once at my boyfriend's house, and my tongue started feeling funny afterward. About an hour or two later, I tried to eat a candybar, but had to spit it out because it tasted so weird to me, and I could barely tasted it. Even when brushing my teeth later on, the mint in the toothpaste tasted funny. This mouthwash just knocked the flavor off my mouth, and after reading so many awful reviews for this product online, about people who have experienced the same thing as me, as well as teeth stains, I CANNOT believe this product would even still be in the market!!!! Why, Crest, would you keep producing this poison???? I will never use this mouthwash again, even after just one use because my mouth is still numb, and I hope I regain sensation and taste in my tongue soon. If anyone experiences the same, stop using this product, and for anyone curious about trying it, I would say DONT! Save your money and yourself from the frustration!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot praise this product enough. I have allergies and have to breathe through my mouth most of the time, which led to dry mouth and irritated gums. I always had plaque and bleeding gums at my dental cleanings, even though I brush and floss regularly. This stuff got rid of the problem after the first use. BUT the main reason I felt compelled to add this review (since mouthwash isn't usually compelling review material) is to tell people--if you avoid this product because it burns/stings, GET THE WINTERGREEN FLAVOR! (Yes, I'm shouting, to get your attention!) The wintergreen one doesn't sting, but that Clean Mint (blue) one is fierce. EDIT: I had to stop using this. After 6 months of use, the brown stains on my teeth were so bad that my dental hygienist thought I'd taken up heavy coffee drinking. ("It even turned your tongue brown!" she laughed.) Sure, she was able to remove the stains, but who wants any extra scraping on their teeth? I switched to Listerine.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rachelres

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also noticed brown staining between my teeth and along the gum line. I called the company and they called it "temporary" staining. But IT IS NOT TEMPORARY! Hopefully, my dental hygienist can remove these brown stains at my next cleaning.

Some people have the staining problem and some don't. But why take a chance? There are lots of other mouthwashes out there that don't cause staining.

I intend to avoid this product in the future.