April 18, 2014 | 1766 users online

Treatments - Alterna - Caviar Rapid Repair Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by pjjamas8

I have purchased this product 3 times already. I am hooked !! My stylist used this on my hair after a color update. I have very thick, coarse, wavy/curly hair that is past my shoulders. I have pale blonde highlights and update my color every 5 weeks to keep the gray away. It makes my hair shine like no other and soft/silky. The price is riduculous but it is worth it to me. I won't skimp on hair products. I like my hair and get tons of complements so I allow myself to spend on quality products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Jury is still out. Note sure how to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

Did they discontinue this? I'm having a hard time finding it.
Anyways, I LOVE this stuff!
The price is insane, but god it smells like heaven! My hair smells so fresh and wonderful, I'd use it for the scent alone!

It does add shine to my hair, although I'm not sure it's improving the conditon of it. I don't use it every day though, maybe i should if I hope to see a change.

I'd buy it more often if it wasn't so expensive, too bad it costs so much. I really wish I could find a perfume that smells like this, though.

I'm surprised that some people don't like the scent, I absolutely LOVE it. Scent preference is a very personal thing though that varies greatly from person to person, so I guess it makes sense, especially since it's a tad strong at first, but I think most people who like fruity scents would love it. It smells very fresh and nice and fruity to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by MewsinProgress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I just can't get past the smell. This stuff costs the earth and all I've been able to notice it doing is attracting dirt to my hair and making it greasy AND smelling like a big grape jolly rancher.

It does provide shine - but I have really healthy hair, and even John Frieda's Shine Shock gives me shine.... Maybe this would do something nice for my hair long term.

But I just can't get past the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by aliwen

I am IN LOVE with this spray. At first I was a bit scared to drop the cash on a product I'd never even heard of, but OH. MY.GOD this stuff is amazing. It left my coarse wavy hair feeling like silk before I even touched it with the flatiron! It's my new "must have" item!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by wildcats72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

downfalls-
1, very expensive
2. as with most waterball type of packaging..you dont get all of the product at the bottom..
3. if you go overboard this will make your hair look somewhat greasy..

Pros !!
1. WOw !! I had very damaged hair both from the blow dryer..and flat iron.. along with the sun damaging it..and my regular visits for low lights and highlights..this little sucker did wonders for my hair.. it really did bring it back to life i was pretty hopeless and thought i had to leave my hair along.. as it seemed no treatment or conditioner did anything to make it better..

Lindsey Lohan I read, is also a big fan of this alterna spray and i can definitely see why.

Will repurachse !!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by BluesMoneyBlah

Gotta say it, this is good stuff. I have had the spray can for, what, three years now? Perhaps more? Still have plenty left. Granted I don't have a lot of hair, though it is quite long. I have to use a few products in order to get a brush through my hair after washing and this is the final one that really makes the difference. I spray two spritzes into my palm, rub together and quickly distribute it around my hair but not on the scalp or root area. You get a lovely shine and it feels so good! My hair should technically not be as long as it is now because it is 1) chemically abused (coloring) 2) just bad hair (breaks easily no matter what) 3) I used to use heat styling. If you can stand to pay $60, this is worth it and it will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SpursGirl2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got suckered into this overpriced treatment (not sure what it is, really, but I use it after I've shampooed and conditioned my hair). Thing is, it's really nice. Could do without the smell (pleasant but not a fan of scents for hair). It's like $60 for a spray can but I've had it two years and it's half filled still. I spray 1-2 spritzes into my palm and wipe onto the bottom half of my damp hair, put in towel for a moment and then brush it. (Btw, the fumes are strong.. don't breathe them.) After it dries and I've "styled" my hair, I might take another spritz in my palm and gently apply to hair beginning about 3" from part and not on my bangs (makes it oily-looking), or take the chance and spritz once on each side. Every time I use it people say my hair is so shiny and my hair is the worst! Very damaged from coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 1:03:00 AM More reviews by audreystats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

"For immediate vitality & shine" is right - my stylist recommended me to start this treatment on my extremely chemically-damaged hair (it has been bleached, dyed, dyed, bleached, color stripped, dyed, color stripped...). My hair seriously felt like dried grass when I went in to see her, and when she cut 3+ inches off, it still felt like the worst split ends I've ever imagined. I had been treating it with intensive conditioners & hot oil treatments, but none of them seemed to even scratch the surface. After only FOUR DAYS of using this treatment on towel-dried hair before bed, my hair felt like actual HAIR. I cannot recommend this enough... it is truely amazing.