October 23, 2014 | 1921 users online

Liquid - Beauticontrol - Secret Agent Undercover Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a full coverage foundation. You may not want this as your everyday foundation due to the coverage as it may be best for special occasion, dressy, night time, soft lighting, etc. Although, if applied correctly and on the right skin with the correct color I see no reason to not use it as an everyday foundation if this is your choice/want/need. One had better NOT have dry or wrinkled skin as anything w/this much coverage will accent it and texturize anything it covers. I suppose one can cut the coverage by using a brush, sponge or mixing in a bit of moisturizer, but that defeats the purpose of this. I say one should use their fingers for best application and to retain coverage. The less amount of the product you use, the less and more natural looking the coverage. You control it. A little goes a long way so one tube should last quite long. The color range is Y=yellow based, P=pink based, N=neutral (P+Y). I would also tell you N tends to be less pink and more yellow/gold based than one would expect, especially the darker shades. I know this may be a pain, but I chose to buy N3 and P3 (anything level 3 is Medium in shade range) and use 2 parts N, one part P or equal parts, depending. Now, I certainly could of gotten by with a straight N3. I just chose to add P3 to get a perfect, dead on match. I liked this product enough to do so which is saying something in itself. I also reccomend you keep this away from the under and outer eye area as it will accent crows feet, etc. I never use anything in the outer, under eye. Concealer is kept in the inner to middle of undereye area. There is usually not any darkness in the outer eye. I don't even let powder near the outer eye and if anything I will use an emolient cream with some sheen over the outer eye area once my makeup is complete as a last step. It floats away any concealer/powder that may have landed there and gives a nice youthful look.
Primer allows longer wear and an even smoother effect. You can buy this on ebay for $13 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ahura1

I really wanted to like this foundation because of the finish. This is a good foundation with good coverage but I would recommend setting this with BC setting spray otherwise if your skin is a bit oily then it gets all over the place, at least for me. Without the setting spray and BC primer, I don't think this foundation sets very well. They have a nice range of colors and I used a foundation sponge to blend it. It is meant to be more of a full coverage foundation. They make other foundations that have lighter coverage. This foundation did not work on my skin because some spots are dry and some are oily. I also used the BC regeneration, tight, firm, and fill before I used this but it did not work well for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

In an effort to cut my beauty expenses a bit, I've decided to give up my beloved Creme de la Mer foundation and Just started using this after liking a sample I received.

So far, so good. I make sure to blend it quickly with my foundation brush and use the very minimal amount needed to provide coverage but avoid so much that it cakes up and settle into fine lines. I also make sure to use a good moisturizer underneath it.

The color (N2) is a dead-on match for my pasty winter-white skin (although I can see I'll need N3 for spring and summer months). No breakouts, good coverage and much more economical than the la Mer.

Barring any unforeseen problems with breakouts, etc., I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use P1 and the color matches my skin very well. For me, there are pros and cons.

Pros: I use it when I need extra coverage when my face goes "red". Stays put once I apply it. Comes in an easy tube, which by design is quite nice.

Cons: I can't wear this in the summer at all because it looks heavy and cake-y. And it FEELS heavy and cake-y in the summer. Because it's in a tube it's hard to see how much I have left, so I'm never quite sure when I'm going to run out. Plus, I got to order it through their site, which is kind of a hassle.

So, even though I do like the product, and I have bought it several times, the 3 lippie overall rating is mainly due to the cons outweighing the pros. I will still continue to purchase and use during fall/winter months.

***** UPDATE 1/4/13

This is still my go to foundation. I have yet to find anything comparable that outweighs the cons yet. The formulation is wonderful. Still searching for the HG !!!!

***** UPDATE 2/22/14

I keep buying this foundation again and again. It's my every day, go to foundation. I am trying different foundations here and there and see if there is anything out there I will like better. I am adding a lippie due to the fact that I keep buying it - so that's saying something. I quite like the finish, has great staying power, and is a great medium - full coverage foundation that I so desperately need at my age. I am able to buy this off ebay now, so the hassle of buying it isn't so bad anymore ... plus it's not as expensive that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation after reading the positive reviews on MUA and noticing this foundation made it on Paula Begoun's "Best Product" list. I purchased N1 and it was a good match for my complexion (MAC NC15 reference). I personally found the colour match was the only positive thing I have to say about this foundation as I didn't like either the formula, coverage, or durability of wear. I found the formula to be quite viscous and difficult to blend out. The coverage I would describe as medium that is impossible to build up and looks very mask-like. This foundation doesn't wear very well or long on my combination skin (oily t-zone with dry cheeks/under eyes) before it it looks cakey and settles into every pore and fine line. Personally I found this product just didn't meet any of my requirements in what I look for in a full coverage foundation. I definitely prefer using Vichy Dermablend as my go to full coverage foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MadonnaFan

For a full-coverage foundation, this works just fine. It's a bit on the heavy side, with larger pigment particles. After it is set, the foundation looks a little more natural but it really accentuates fine lines and wrinkles. It is possible to use a wet sponge but although it is oil free, it does not mix with water so it is difficult to thin out. Works best with a dewy moisturizer as opposed to a matte moisturizer. The shades are limited but this probably gives one the opportunity to mix their own shade. I find a combination of Pink, Yellow and Neutral all in level 3 works for my skin tone the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a light-medium coverage liquid makeup. I use N-1 or N-2 depending on the season. Easy to apply and remove. Others say this is a full coverage foundation - but I did not find this so.

Update: I have been using N-2 for a few years now and I really like it for spring, fall and winter (in summer I use the Wet-Dry more and liquid foundtion less). I have dry-ish skin and this is not drying - but does not make me shiny. So easy to apply. Natural, buildable pigments. Love. This is my favorite of BC's liquid formulations, I also love the Wet/Dry powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oh, I wanted to love this. In fact, I thought I was in love with this until it started breaking me out. :( The truth is, I've only had one other foundation that has ever broken me out, so I have no idea what in this broke me out.

The finish is so nice that I honestly *kept wearing it* even after I was almost positive that this was the culprit for my many, many (a dozen?) new pimples. But when they kept multiplying, I threw in the towel. As soon as I quit wearing it? My new zits went away and now my skin is clear.

I'd LOVE to find a foundation as nice that didn't break my skin out. The price is pretty good, too. (You can get these on Ebay with no shipping, I've found. Can't beat it.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by katly

I have been using this for over 4 years and I have never found a better foundation!

Pros: Lots of coverage but feels very lightweight. Lasts all day (I have oily t-zone/combo skin) Does not dull skin after a few hours like most foundations. Does not give me breakouts like drugstore brands. I converted after trying this.

Cons: Can't seem to find the right shade so I have to mix Y-3 and Y-4 together to get the right color. Y-3 is to light and Y-4 is to dark. I wish they would come up with something in between those two. Dries quickly so you have to work fast.

Tips: Take a sponge applicator and absorb with water. Sqeeze a pea sized drop of foundation and work all over face.

I have to admit that I've tried expensive foundations like Clinique, Napoleon Perdis, Becca, Paula Dorff & Estee Lauder etc... but NOTHING can compare to this! Whenever I wear this foundation people comment on how I have such flawless skin, but in reality I have really bad skin due to acne scars, reddness on cheecks and nose area. It really hides blemishes on the face as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by beasley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

bought this off Ebay for a great price in Y-3 and it has just enough yellow to make my face look less red without looking mask-like. I like it because it doesn't break me out and is lighter than the Bobbi Brown Smooth Skin foundation I usually use (in the color Natural for reference). It is a good everyday foundation for me. I use additional concealer for blemishes (Makup For Ever full-cover concealer in 8) and under the eyes (Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 2). Not bad...