October 24, 2014 | 874 users online

Fragrances - Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Perfumes - Bahiana

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To me this says lounging by a pool in Monte Carlo. Its fresh but exotic, a great vacation scent. I agree with the other reviews: it is a weak concentration for such a pricey perfume, and spraying more on won't help either has it changes the scent far to much. Can't make up my mind if its worth it to purchase a full size after only trying a decant. If I found myself flush with extra cash I probably would splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by joolz2u

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! It is citrusy which was what I was looking for but without the sharpness of Annick Goutal's l'hadrien (sp?). I don't get the weird middle note. I do agree that this scent opens beautifully but it seems to fade quickly. I am hoping that in winter it lasts longer. I plan to spray it in the decollete so that it gets in my blouse and I can smell it a little longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by gracielet

I like it! I don't know perfume terminology so this is going to be completely in laymen's terms. First, I disagree with Paschat that this fragrance is "generic and unoriginal." Or maybe I just don't get around enough. I've never smelled anything like it, maybe it smells very different on me. First, I really only notice the citrus notes when I first spritz it on. These notes do remain when I spray my clothes and hair, but on my skin it quickly turns to a woodsy scent, which is not my thing - hence my surprise that I really do like it,. For a day I wondered if it didn't smell too unisex or masculine for my taste, but I've decided it doesn't - but it is a casual scent on me, it wouldn't work for dressing up. I have to say I don't smell any banana or coconut, but the citrus scent is quite unusual - not grapefruit, lemon, lime - something more exotic, or perhaps a mix of the usual suspects.
The bottle is a stunner, and as I have several MPG's I'm pleased that it looks different than the other plain bottles. I wish mine had fluffier feathers . . .
I gave this a 4 instead of 5 because I do prefer MPG Fraiche Passiflore to Bahiana, and like most MPG's the scent fades quickly. I don't hear many people admit to spraying perfume on their clothes, and I know it is supposed to mix with my body chemistry, but a spritz on my lingerie makes the scent linger hours longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by opoponax

On my skin there is no tropical fruit scent, no citrus, no pineapple - all is left is the same (smoky?) musky drydown that I get from D&G Light Blue - which I don't particularly like and it's omnipresent these days...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Notes: Brazilian oranges, Caipririnha lemon, yellow mandarins, rosewood, oudh, amber and coconut.
This is heavenly. I've only sampled this but have had my eye on a full bottle of this for ages. This is expensive stuff hence why I haven't got my hands on it yet but I think I'm going to have to cave in some point soon and just get it because I love it too much. This is a scent that is bursting with joy and vitality. It's such an uplifting scent, sunshine in a bottle. Very appropriate for summer but I could wear this all year round.
I haven't seen the bottle in person but, judging by the pics, the bottle with the feathers around the neck mimic what a fun and flirty but respectable fragrance this is.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Refika

For a price tag like this, Bahiana should last longer than 30 minutes. It is gone without a trace within the hour, or is it just me?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bahiana is a fragrance that, on paper, is meant for me as I typically like most zesty citrussy fragrances (Creed Virgin Island Water, Frederic Malle's Bigarade Concentree, etc..). I also have a lot of respect for the MPG line in general and think that they have some of the most beautiful perfume bottles around. Bahiana's translucent lime green cut glass bottle with its exquisite bejeweled cap is mighty fine.

However (didn't you know it was going to come to this?), I cannot get my head around Bahiana's weird buttered popcorn middle note! The top note is the obligatory rush of lime but then it morphs into this bizarre buttery, salty popcorn smell that is just not pleasant or wearable. I have tried this perfume 3 separate times and in each case, the popcorn note comes trotting out after about 15 minutes. Maybe they were trying to replicate a margarita scent in which case they should leave that to the good folks at Philosophy. So that I can end this review on a positive note, I should point out that Bahiana's base note is a pleasant enough little floral.

Here are Bahiana's notes per The Perfumed Court: Brazilian orange, lemon, tagetes, yellow mandarin, green leaf, rosewood, gaiac wood, amber, musk, coconut and elemi.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fragrance that sais: "Be cheerful", "Be joyful", and "Get a lot of friends and love them". I was a bit hesitant about trying a fragrance that lists Caipirinha among its top notes, but I had to abdicate my opinion: this is a real tasteful and well done fragrance. It's an instant mood-lifter without having to be excessively sharp and crisp as all citrus do. It's feminine but masculine, too, because of the gaiac wood. It has a wonderful sillage. Unhappily it lasts too little

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by janedaly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

a gorgeous scent in the bottle, just not for me, boo hoo! the bottle is stunning as well, really wanted to love it!
PS: i have an almost full barely used bottle in my swap list ;) check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by CheriCheri

Pineapple - perhaps with a hint of fig or something else green. Smells like a lucious tropical drink. No dark overtones interfere with this bubbly scent and it has a slightly milky drydown. This is not my usual choice in scent but the scent is so "real" I can't help but enjoy it!