October 25, 2014 | 1881 users online

Palettes - Chantecaille - La Palette de Gloss - Les Sorbet

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

Love this palette, colors are nice for my skin tone, they stay on for a good bit of time, soften lips and have a bit of shine. Love the fact they are not sticky. They are a pleasure to have on my lips unlike most lip glosses I have used. I think I will buy the singles next time but this palette is great to try out which colors work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by janebkrn

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love palattes. That being said, I have purchased a few different Chantecaille ones. I love their lipgloss which has good color and shine, yet subtle and lasting. For some reason I have found that the individual colors appear better than the palettes which don't seem as glossy or long-lasting. I'd go with my favorites individual colors instead-praline, nectar, bellini....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow!! This is my first lipgloss palette from Chantecaille. I LOVE IT!!! I lucked out and swapped for this. (I swooped on it!) I've been lemming these forever. I probably won't buy this palette again. Only because I won't use all the colors...I'm already gravitating towards guava and bellini so I'd probably just buy those separately. (more space in my purse.)
These are seriously the most moisturizing lipglosses I've ever used. (and I am a lipgloss/lipstick whore!) These are pretty subtle, not super shiny-sticky, which I happen to appreciate. No major smell either. :)
I've also purchased the lipsheers which I also love. (they are a little more convenient to apply.) They just don't come in the same shades as the lipglosses unfortunately. :(
I will definitely keep buying these. LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

I resisted this for a long time because I thought it would be too warm for my neutral/cool PPP complexion. It feels good to be wrong! Even Bellini which is coral with gold shimmer looks summery and beautiful. Mandarine (which looks like a straight orange) is a neutral apricot. Amaretto was the only disappointment. I was really looking forward to having a neutral caramel gloss without shimmer but it doesn't show up on my slightly pigmented lips. Guava and Nectar have already been well described. I love that they have no scent and SPF15, and that they moisturize better than any lipbalm I've tried. I don't love it *quite* as much as the Les Desserts palette so I subtracted a lippie, it is more wearable for every day. Chantecaille's quality is unsurpassed by any other brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2005 11:25:00 PM More reviews by heatherblossom

muted subtle colors, very, very good gloss (and i have tried almost every high and low end brand!) that does NOT irritate or bother my lips in anyway (that in itself a feat), perhaps not a great deal if you don't like all of the glosses, but as i almost never finish a full sized one, it was for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by DENF

The first thing you should know if you are considering this product as that their are separate reviews of each of the glosses in this palatte and they all get very high marks, so logically this should be a highly rated palatte. That said, the palatte is not geared towards ladies with brown lips who will find that all but one of the colors will not show on them. Also those looking for highly pigmented, liquid lipstick type glosses should also look elsewhere. Chantecaille does make some highly pigmented glosses, but these are not them.

OK, now on to who will like these glosses. I have medium mauve pink lips and I like sheer but visible color. I don't like paying good money for clear glooses and these are decidedly not clear. Each color shows up as a distinctly different color on my lips.

Nectar: The lightest of the bunch is a muted nudish brown pink gloss that is very very subtle on me.
Guava: A light cool rose pink with a bit of shimmer that tips my lips to the mauve side.
Amaretto: Sheer carmel brown that tips my lips towards nude.
Mandarine: Looks orange but goes on as a peachy pink color with subtle shimmer. My favorit of the bunch.
Bellini: A nicely balanced medium coral showing red, pink and just a tiny touch of orange.

The five colors equal out to two full size lipglosses so you are getting a decent amount of product. You also get a high quality full size lip gloss brush which is the same brush that sells for $28. (However I don't think these brushes are as lovely as Trish or BB). So if you are considering buying two of these colors separately, you will find the palatte a better deal.

Value you wise, these are some of the most exspensive glosses around. What makes them special is that using them is like putting on an exceptional lip treatment. They leave my lips soft and smooth and I never have to worry about cleaning up dry skin or lip gunk. My lips always look and feel better. They offer a low key shine and sheer natural looking color and are devoid of scent and taste. They also are very long wearing - lasting several hours, unlike the typical moist sheer glosses that are gone in shortorder. I stared at this palate for two years thinking it was nuts to spend so much on glosses, but finely treated myself to them for birthday. Now, I find myself seriously considering the other gloss palattte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2005 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I got the lipgloss palette in the Les Sorbets and for $65 its a waste of money. Comes in a nice sleek silver case with mirror and nice brush. But unfortunately only one color is really pigmented. The bellini is a gorgeous coral shade that is just perfect. The other four shades, nectar, a soft rose, guava, a medium pink, aamaretto, a nude, and mandarine, a soft peach all barely show any color on my lips. They have a great texture and arent sticky however this palette isnt worth it. try one of the darker palettes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Aphrael813

The glosses are of decent quality, being non-tacky and stay on quite well, but are far too drying (I always use an SPF balm underneath and I still found it drying) and sheer for my liking. The one I got looked absolutely divine, with Nectar, Guava, Amaretto, Mandarine and Bellini. All lovely shades but as I said too sheer to make an impact. Just because it's pricey doesn't mean it's good. There are better glosses out there. I prefer my Mirenesse (which actually turns out to be more expensive if you make up your own palette, so I can't complain about the price for this), but I've resolved not to buy palette glosses anymore because of hygiene issues. Got this quite a while back.