September 2, 2014 | 943 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Audrey

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

I adore Laura Mercier's Audrey lipstick! This color is just lovely and glides on like a dream. It's a soft, creamy formula without being too runny. The color just pops (I have fair skin) and I wear it day and night easily. The color stays put very nicely and works even better with liner/primer. All in all I love this lipstick and hope it's around as long as I am!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color! A very wearable red/deep berry that isn't too harsh on my NC15, superpale, yellow-undertoned skin. I've had issues with LM lippies in the past because many of them have brown undertones which make me look sallow, but not this one. It's cool toned, heavily pigmented, and not a harsh, loud red. Moist, comfortable formula. Wish it lasted a bit longer. Highly recommend - must go buy backup now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got this lovely warm rose-pink colour a few days ago. I have been a fan of her lipstick for awhile now, but no one ever told me about Audrey, until last weekend. An LM artist came by the local counter and when I admired her lipstick colour, she offered to try it on me. She had been wearing the new Raspberry Sorbet colour, and it looked beautiful on her. I tried it, and it was not quite the thing for me. That is when she told me about Audrey. When I put it on, I was amazed at the shine and hydration and the gorgeousness of it. If they ever discontinue it, I hope I have plenty of warning: I will buy every last one the shop has, if I have to! Audrey looked on me the way the Raspberry Sorbet looked on her. It was just wonderful and lit my complexion right up. It feels great on, too. It has a creamy feel and look; no shimmer or frost, just a cream colour with lots of punch--whoever said it was for fair people was quite correct; it is perfect. If I could only buy one shade of lipstick again, it would be Audrey. Highly recommended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

A lovely, brighter everyday-for-the-office rosy red for this NC30/C4 asian with pigmented lips. This is the best formula lippie I currently own. It has a satin finish and my lips feel moisturized; it wears 4 hours through coffee, breakfast, and water and even longer if I don't eat a meal, with no feathering or flaking and when it does wear off, it fades evenly, no a ring around the lips. I wouldn't wear it out, since it is not as "fun" as I would want, but I feel finished and professional with it on and it is perfect for work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful red/berry color. I'm NC30 Asian w/yellow undertones, dk brown hair and eyes. I was looking for an everyday red/berry that wasn't too loud. This is perfect! Thank you MUA reviewers! I can change the color depending on the liner I'm using. Beautiful on and makes your teeth whiter and brightens up your whole face. Very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely wearable soft red with a hint of shine. Not overly red or too dark just right, I dont even like reds but this is nice. Has a hint of light berry also. Another favorite I like is dusk, more muted.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by grimmauld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for an every day red color to wear to work. I finally got the recommendation for LM Audrey. I love the color - think of a rosy mauve maybe. It's a great transition color for moving towards reds. It's not a dramatic, OTT red but it still gives a red hue to my rather mauve lips.

The only con I see of this product is that it is slightly drying to me. I do use Burt's Bees Mago Lip Balm and that easily combats the dryness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I opened the tube for the first time, I felt my heart skip a beat. Audrey is THE perfect every-day shade for my medium-rosy lips and fair, cool (NW15) skin. Similar in tone to NARS Gipsy (less red) and MAC Brick-O-La (less brown) and Jane Iredale Brett (cooler). The true test for a lipstick is that I apply it without any other makeup on. If it brightens my skin and eyes and makes my teeth look whiter, it's a keeper. Audrey does all that and more. In fact, it's a great color if you want to play up your eyes because its sophisticated but not bold. Just creamy, soft color, no shimmer. I can't imagine it turning orange on anyone, but natural lip pigment can be a strange thing. (My lips did terrible things to Julie Hewett Belle Noir.)

Like all Laura Mercier cream lipsticks, the formulation is velvety smooth and cushiony without slipping all over the place. Because it's medium toned, there's no need for a lip liner, though putting it over MAC Soar or Julie Hewett Hue 011 gives the color even greater lasting power. Even without a liner, two coats blotted down to a near stain lasted about six hours, through a couple cups of coffee, lots of water, and lunch (which was a salad with vinaigrette dressing). Fading does occur from the center outward, so if you wear a lip liner, it's best to completely fill in the lips. Because Audrey is so moist, it does transfer to glassware, and you'll want to avoid a ring around your lips. The lipstick doesn't fade quite as obviously without a liner; it just sort of disappears and leaves behind a bit of a rosy stain.

I love this color and I highly recommend it to all neutral/cool skin tones. I think Audrey would look especially nice on those of you with lots of contrast (Snow White types). Love it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful lipstick that gives you an elegant, sophisticated look. For those seeking bright, bling-y color, go elsewhere. Audrey is comparable to Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in Soft Rose, but the LM product is rosier in color and creamier in consistency. It's great when you want to do a dramatic eye but don't want bland, colorless lips. This is one of the few products for which I've considered buying backups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm about c3/nc25 and I adore this lipstick. It's a perfectly polished, understated mauvey-pink. It would get 5 stars if it was more pigmented and longer-lasting. However, it's nice and creamy, feels nice, and looks amazing. I will definitely re-purchase this because the colour is the perfect warm pink I've been searching for. **UPDATED** This gets 5 stars because it wears beautifully - creamy yet it has good staying power. Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No