December 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

Mascara - Paula's Choice - Lush Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by beachmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite mascara. It goes on smoothly and does not clump. It also does not flake off during the day. It does not make my lashes look thicker, which is fine with me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ransomnote

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like Paula's skincare but wasn't pleased at all with this mascara. It really didn't do much but I appreciated that it applied cleanly and held a faint curl in my darkened (not volumized or lengthened) lashes. I have fine, medium length, sparse lashes so I 'need' volume and lengthening

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by nzaslavs

Mascara is the only make-up item (well, maybe lip gloss too) that I would buy from PC again. I am a big bog fan of her skincare products (the best I've ever tried) but with makeup she has lot's of misses.

I curl my lashes and this mascara actually keeps the curl for the whole day. Stays put and doesn't smudge, it's a definite favourite. I have it in brown and it's a very dark brown, almost black. Perfect for everyday. I bought it for my mom, for a couple of friends and everybody was pretty happy with it.

Strange packaging, though. The neck of the container is very thin for the brush and lots of product gets sqeezed out the first couple of weeks of use.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found it kind of useless. I had a hard time getting it on my eyelashes. It went on so lightly and took a lot of work to get any coverage. I also found it flaked after a while and I looked like I had not put any mascara on. I will stick with my Mac X.

I am a big PC skincare line fan. I use the cleansers, moisturizers, shampoo etc. But I have had no luck with her makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lewey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Paula's Choice skincare and I love that it is fragrance free. I just tried the Lush mascara today and it sucked... It does go on nice, but after a few hours I notice my lashes were looking wimpy and the mascara flaked ALOT!!! Not happy at all with this mascar. Don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by BunniesKill

Lush Mascara gets points because it truly doesn't smudge, and it doesn't irritate my contact-lensed eyes at all. (My HG mascara, Dior Show, burns like the devil after several hours.) That said, there's nothing else remarkable about it. It darkens lashes and thickens slightly. No drama.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I also don't get any of the gloopiness or mess that some of the other reviewers talk about. The brush is always loaded with just the right amount of mascara for me. However, I think this mascara is just too wimpy for me. In other words, too natural. And it's sort of pricey for such a do-nothing product. Even Cover Girl and Maybelline make some cheaper mascaras that give me more "oomph". continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by radsgirl

This is pretty good for someone with contact lenses. It does not smudge or flake. I wish it had a little bit more volume and drama, but it's the best I've found so far that I can wear with my gas permeable lenses.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Franziska

This is a great, very natural looking mascara. I was looking for a new mascara because I tend to have smudging issues but did not want to wear a waterproof mascara on a daily basis. This mascara has not smudged at all - even when my eyes get watery. Super reasonable price - a good find!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by tabledancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know what people are talking about -- I don't get any "glopping" with this mascara and the brush is always perfectly loaded with mascara. But Paula recently improved this mascara, so maybe people were using an earlier version.

If you have straight, thin Asian lashes like mine, this mascara is a pretty good find. If I do it just right, I end up with super-dark, nicely lengthened and separated lashes that still keep most of their curl all day long, with no smudging or flakes. At night it removes pretty easily with my regular cleanser (Paula's Choice skin balancing), though sometimes I have to give the eye area an extra rinsing or a little more cleanser.

***The trick for me is curling the lashes well, then very lightly blinking onto the brush for my first coat. After that dries, I can apply a slightly thicker, but still fairly light coat, concentrating on the lashes and not the roots. (If I do the "wiggle from roots" technique that works so well for others, my lashes go straight instantly.)***

The color is as rich and black as department store brands I've tried (Lancome Extencils, Clinique's Lash Doubling and Shiseido's mascara). It's a little more than drugstore brands for a little less (the bottle only contains something like .20 oz. -- still more than Maybelline's Sky High Curves or XXL Volume + Length, though). But for my needs it's worth it. EDIT: I took this down one notch because I realized that it's just too hard to get the application "just right" every morning. Strangely, I've been finding Great Lash in Blackest Black to be easier to apply and more reliable. Still, this is a very nice mascara for a dark, natural, but defined look.