July 29, 2014 | 2011 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Hotel Heiress

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by missmpls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an absolute Tarte junkie and this is one of my all-time favorite bronzers. It's not filled with shimmer or glitter like so many bronzers are which makes it great as a contour color. I tend to go very fair in the winter and get very dark in the summer and depending on how I apply this, it works for all seasons/skin tones. The texture of this bronzer is good - it's very blendable and buildable without being too soft and powdery.The staying power on this product is better than most that I have used in the past as well and since a little goes a LONG way, one of these should last you awhile.

I love the packaging too - very cute but the magnetic closure is strong so it's not going to open up in your bag if you're taking it along with you during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good color if you've got tan/olive skin- I picked this up super cheap from Sephora for $10!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by salcedju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lets see I've had this for about a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. This definitely might look a little dark in the pan, but once applied it's perfect. It's brown not orangey at all, but not at all muddy. It has a pretty sheen, no obnoxious sparkles. I use a large fluffy brush and vuah la sun kissed. Major plus, it comes in a cute leather compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by maddie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this around the check out line at sephora for $15. It came with an Amazonian Clay Blush too. Great value!

As far a the product itself, pretty good. It works for my skin when its lighter and when I have a tan. I like to use this with a duofibre brush on the outer parts of my face, to help my foundation and concealer match me (some days im tanner due to summer). The shimmer is minimal on the face and bronzes well- would definately reccomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by damato

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I had found my HG bronzer with Sugar Tropic Tan, until they discontinued it. Bought this at Sephora and can happily say that the color works for me ,, wish the compact was larger, but at least now I don't have to keep searching!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mdotyorke

This bronzer is AWESOME! I am dark skinned and it can be difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look ashy. This product was great! Its smooth, and the packaging is beautiful! This is definitely something I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by artiastry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I searched high and low for this bronzer to no avail so when I received the e-mail notice from both Tarte and Sephora I instantly became ecstatic. This bronzer is by far the best in my arsenal. I love the golden glow that it gives my brown skin. I can use it in the t-zone area and sometimes as a blush, contour or all over my face for a sunkissed look. The packaging is cute too, not your typical plastic bronzer container but chic & sleek. I would definitely purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by prettypoodle05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

this was just eh to me. dont hate but coulda passes on it. looked good @sephoras not so great @ home. like the natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday at Ulta, because I was tired of being pale. I had Refined Golden from Mac as well but when I use it I do get breakouts, and wasnt sure if it was worth the everyday use. I used Hotel Heiress today, and found the least invasive plastic surgery tool I have ever possesed! It gave my face a new slimmer shape by using it just below the cheekbones as a contour, and a bronze glow. SO PLEASE DO NOT BREAK ME OUT! because I love this little golden box, and if only it could leave my skin unharmed, I want to use it everyday!!! Recommed, especially olive skin tones, yellow undertones, Grrrreat!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i won't go into much of a color description because previous reviews have that covered and of course, whether a product works with one's skintone or not is going to be variable. what i will say is that this is one of the rare mineral products that does not irritate my skin at all. (MAC msfs & blushes, bare escentuals & many other brands' mineral products all cause me to itch). the only way i found this out is because some time ago, i got a sample of this bronzer from sephora via VIB and i gave it a try. if not for that sample, i would have stayed far, far away from this product. am very glad i got the sample since it also looked great with my skin (NC 30ish usually). in fact, if i remember correctly, within a week of running out of the sample, i went to sephora to pick up the full sized version. i use it at least once weekly and i haven't made a dent, even though i've had it for more than a year.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No