E.L.F. Foundation brush

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/9/2015 8:16:00 PM

Major bang for your buck! I own a ton of makeup brushes and have to admit that this is one of my favorites. I have a few of these brushes and personally use them to apply my facial masks (indian clay mask, green/black mud, etc.), facial creams (I'm a hygiene freak and don't like to touch my face much--even w/ clean hands), and lastly, I use it to apply a thin layer of cream-based foundations/concealers. I don't think this brush is great for blending, so I use another brush (kabuki) or a beauty blender for that purpose. Why do I do this? I feel that this brush picks up a lot less product than a kabuki/sponge would---which prevents you from caking on your makeup...and that will save you $$$ in the long run since you'll be using (or wasting lol) a lot less product. The hairs on the brush are of good quality, the only thing that bothers me is that the brush handle comes off here and there...however, a little glue (e-6000, hot glue gun, crazy glue) resolves this issue.

on 2/7/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This brush has good quality for the price. I am astonished, as Iīve bought brushes that cost 10 times more and arenīt that better. It could be softer, but it isnīt harsh. It has great performance with thicker foundations, better than the buffing or flat top brushes that seem to be the trend now. I will buy more, whenever I order from elf.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this as my foundation brush for about a month now. It doesn't leave streaks or splotches, and for the most part, blends evenly. I occasionally have to go back under and around my eyes to blend it more evenly. I usually like to use rounder brushes for liquid concealers, but this 'paint brush' style works fairly well.

The bristles are tough to clean, however. Even after soaking they still seem to cling onto that oil layer left behind. The brushes aren't very durable either. I dropped it from not even a foot high off of a surface and two of the bristles immediately crinkled and I had to remove them.

It is amazing for facial masks, however I wouldn't use it for more than twice since the bristles are such a pain to clean. There might be left over dirt/residue on the brush that you would just be putting right back onto your face. It makes a great brush for hair masks though!

All in all, it probably will not stay my foundation brush much, but I will keep these in stock. They come in hand for many different things.

on 11/7/2014 12:58:00 PM

I had gotten this brush as a stocking stuffer from my mom probably a year or two ago and never used it until yesterday. I had just bought some nee liquid foundation and figured I would try this brush out. I really liked the results! I was a little iffy on the idea of literally painting makeup onto my face, but this brush made it easy and applied my makeup evenly and beautifully! I really enjoyed how it looked! It gave me. Nice smooth finish to ny skin, pretty damn good coverage, and no streaks, lines, or splotches. The only thing I noticed was that it isn't ideal for applying foundation to my nose, but hey, I can blend that one area with my fingers no problem. For a dollar, you really can't go wrong with this one. I'm impressed.

For only 1$, this brush is not really a HUGE fail...but, I just can't find a good use for it, ya know?

It does apply foundation, sure, but it's stiff and flat so it can't really blend it out...so I have to use my hands or another brush anyhow! So, it's really pointless.

I do like it to apply my clay masks though! Definitely will be able to find a use for it...just not the intended one!

on 8/4/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I found no use for this brush, gave it to my daughter to play with.

on 8/2/2014 7:06:00 PM

It is a pretty good quality for a dollar. It blends in evenly and I get better coverage by using a brush. My only complaints is that it isn't as soft as I would like it. I also have to go over my face a lot for the color to blend. Overall I like it and will buy it again.

on 7/13/2014 1:18:00 AM

I haven't used this for foundation so I can't really speak to that BUT this brush is GREAT for applying peels/masks! I do 1-2 facial masks a week that vary in texture. I find that when I use my fingers to apply them, a lot of product is wasted because so much is left on my fingers (especially with thicker mud masks) and I don't get an even layer all over. So, I use this to apply them now and I get a WAY more even application and I save more product.

I've used this brush for my masks dozens of times and it hasn't shed or lost its shape. For the price, you really can't go wrong!

I usually don't use brushes to apply my foundation, so this product was a risk before i used it. I did not like it. It made my foundation cakey and streaky, and most of the foundation stayed on the brush. A pain in the butt to clean, and no matter how hard i tried, i couldn't get all the foundation out. I would not highly recommended for someone who doesn't usually use brushes for applying foundation.

its cheap and needs washed a lot but all the foundation doesn't wash out which is annoying. the brush is only a dollar so its not that big of a deal. the brush makes it hard to blend sometimes.