September 19, 2014 | 1655 users online

Powder - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Eclat de Perle

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product as a powder, instead of my MAC Skinfinish - and I love it! It doesn't broke me out at all, covers well and don't set to the fine lines. It also gives a semi-matt finish and evens out my skintone. It's a bit pricey, but a little goes long, I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sharr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is not bad. its coverage is not very heavy but that's okay since foundations with heavy coverage usually gives a 'masked' effect. the powder is very smooth and fine. it sort of helps to keep my skin less shiny and oily. i like the way it leaves my skin looking radiant and healthy. will repurchase if i don't like my newly-bought givenchy foundation and the sample foundation i got from clarins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gave me a really wonderful glowy, radiant finish to my skin. However, it's not for oily skins - has no oil control properties and on top of that the pearl finish makes oily skins look shinier. This would be better for dry-normal skin types. Also, if you have blemishes/acne scars to cover, this is not for you. I had to layer tons of concealer on my marks and still they were visible. So this is also for those with better skin and less marks/scars to cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by thispolkadot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i have this in #2, which is a light yellow based colour, suitable for fair skin asians. the golden casing is very glamourous, comes with a black velvet pouch to protect it.
the powder is veerrryy fine and light, u can never cake up with this. the coverage is sheer to medium. blur slight imperfections by reflecting light. on the whole, this really makes ur complexion glow, skin is matte yet radiant n pearly.
unfortunately, the oil control on me was blahh. so i would not repurchase it again. a pity, cos i really like the texture n finish this powder gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ElainePang

Great powder foundation. Really gives a super superfine flawless finish, much finer than Dior powder foundations. The coverage is sheer,which is just enough to even out my skintone and give a subtle radiant glow. I'm Asian so didn't find it #02 too yellow at all. Anyway, YSL also has a pink based one for those who have pink undertones. This is one which will keep everyone guessing if you're wearing makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2006 2:52:00 AM More reviews by benjapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation powder is a miracle. The texture is super sheer and smooth with kinda minimum coverage. I feel like I can't make any mistake applying the powder as it would never cake up, never leave cast, even after sweating tons under it. The powder does good job controling shine. However, I took a lippie off and will not repurchase again because of the too-yellow-undertone color of it. I am using #2 and still think that it is not too dark or light for me but only it is too yellow, even I am Asian.
Looking at other colors in their color selections, I still cannot find any right shade with less yellow in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 9:06:00 AM More reviews by angmo

I have 3 powder foundations - Christian Dior, La Prairie and this. I rotate them on a weekly basis. Among the 3 brands, I find YSL is quite yellow but it suits me because this goes on very sheer. The texture is velvety and soft. Among these 3, YSL gives me the most natural finish.... slight skin imperfections may show but I am not bothered by it. I dont like foundation with heavy coverage because they are very unflattering for most people. Even for those with flawless skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by sashababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my current favorite compact foundation because of the glowy but mattifying look I get with one layer applied wet and one dry lightly dusted all over (in place of loose powder that sets the face, i become oily very quickly without this step). The fragrance is barely noticeable, but that might be because I nearly always have some perfume or scented body moisturizers on, and it's tested for sensitive skin too. Wow factor : sheer luscent finely-milled powder with decent coverage, covers up minor blemishes without caking over dry places or the occasional pimple. Almost all other foundations I use don't irritate the breakouts but tend to "pile up" around it, especially if the damn thing is just healing and there is some dead skin hanging around. I guess this is what the moisturizing elements do. For summer daytime I get oily in around 4 hrs but that's no problem as reapplying doesn't cause cakiness, as with Chanel compacts, I'm waiting for the winter to try out its boasted "glowing and living" look as I always look pale/wan in the cold months. I have this in #4, subtle pink/peach undertones for med-light skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by CharmeC

I bought this back in Taiwan in 2003, the name on the box is Teint de perle visage fin SPF 20, it has lasted till now since I don't wear foundation often. It doesn't seem to be available in the west. The compact box comes with a double-sided sponge. I have this in shade #1 which is lighter than any other foundation I can find in American stores(Gothic white excluded, of course) The texture is very fine and goes on the skin smoothly, but is drying if I don't wear a moisturizer. The smell is nice but I'd prefer a fragrance-free foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2005 5:22:00 AM More reviews by paristan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this pearly foundation as it covers well, even my dark circles! I apply some concealer, then set the powder foundation on top of it. The texture is very fine, much better than any other powder foundations which I have tried. I liked no.2, which gives a nice glowing look. Gives a perfect look when you apply some blusher on your cheeks. It is also long-lasting and water-proof, great for Singapore's humid weather.