Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Daily Conditioner

3.8

Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Disodium EDTA, PEG-20 Almond Glycerides, Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbic Acid, Keratin Amino Acids, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 7/9/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My hair is chemically relaxed, bleached, and colored, all of which I did at home, so it was very damaged, brittle with lots of fallout. I tried the usual deep conditioners that used to work for me, like the Neutrogena triple moisture mask, one from Hask, and a bunch of leave ins. But nothing was working. A friend of mine that works as a hair & makeup artist at Disneyland suggested this product. I went out and got it from Ross for 16.99 instead of 36.99 which the larger bottle with the pump usually goes for. Immediately after use my hair was soft and manageable. My fried and split ends were practically gone within the first use. Been using it weekly after shampooing. Will not go back to any other conditioner. This saved my hair from me.

on 4/14/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Please note before reviewing that this conditioner has changed formula and name. The new name is "Joico K-Pak REVITALISANT to repair damage" and not longer RECONSTRUCT and the ingredients are very different from the old one and extremly similar to the recently introduced Revitaluxe. This means that it is now still a protein conditioner but with the addition of plenty of moisturizing peptides.
Please also note that this new formula also similar the all the reformulated lines Moisture Recovery and Color Endure>
Here for comparison the NEW formula:
Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 20/23 Dimethicone, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide 29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide 30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide 28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide 29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Keratin Amino Acids, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteth 2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Ceteareth 20, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, PEG 20 Almond Glycerides, Glycerin, Benzophenone 4, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance

on 3/28/2015 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I find this excellent for my baby-fine dry hair. I use it in conjunction with the Shampoo and find, like the Shampoo, I have to use a little more of it than with other products. I use more of the Shampoo to get a proper lather, and more of the Conditioner because it just does not seem to go as far as others. That being said, it leaves my hair very soft and smooth, with no need to use a leave-in Conditioner. I alternate it with Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo & Conditioner (also excellent). One point off because of the fact that I have to use more of it to get the job done.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I"m glad I'm not the only one who hated this stuff. I watched so many raving reviews for it on youtube, and so I bought it. It did nothing for my hair, and actually made it feel very brittle and dry. I hate it! I won't even bother trying the other versions, because my experience with this one was so bad. I honestly think I've been happier with Suave. And I really think this company is probably paying some youtubers to love their products now.

on 12/21/2014 5:06:00 PM

I kind of hate this conditioner. I bought it with the matching shampoo and also their moisture intense hair masque/ deep conditioner. The very first time I used it, I had to quick grab the intense conditioner product and start working some of that in because I could immediately tell that this was not going to do the trick. It was so thin and runny and just made my hair feel "dry." My hair was ravaged from a bad coloring service earlier this year and I have been trying everything under the sun, spare no expense, to help it recover. I know a little bit of protein now and then needs to be part of the equation, but historically my hair has always hated protein products. I thought I would fair better with this one because it seems to be higher quality. No such luck. This just doesn't moisturize my hair at all. Add to that, I used the matching shampoo first and it didn't even feel like it had washed my hair - so how hard could it possibly be to condition my hair it at that point?! Wouldn't think it would be that difficult. I tried this conditioner once more and had the same result. I am done with it, giving this overpriced, overhyped junk away.

on 11/27/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this conditioner but it just did not cut it. I have fine straight chemically treated hair so I need a conditioner with good "slip." This was difficult to work into my hair and did not detangle at all. After washing out, my hair felt as if I had not conditioned it at all. I was surprised that the conditioner left my hair so tangled since the shampoo is very conditioning and gentle.

on 10/3/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh poo. Original review was glowing, but over time I liked it less. And I wasn't using it every shower either and doubt it's keratin buildup.It's just not super soft, it's ok. My favorite is still Hairkop Obliphica. Check that out if you can. Also bottle is so damn hard to squeeze.

HOLY HEALTHY HAIR BATMAN! I got this as a recommendation from the Hair color board I'm a member of, and they know their ish. Before dying, I washed my hair without conditioner and allowed it to dry so I could get the maximum intensity payoff from my color. It felt LIKE SHIT. I was kind of upset to see the integrity of my hair in reality, even though I knew I would condition after coloring. I dyed it, rinsed it, and put this on for a little while (could have been longer but I didn't want to risk pulling out any dye, though some say conditioning actually seals it in.) My hair feels AMAZING. I have other deep conditioners that I like and that are similar, but this is one of the best. Its like a different person from before I colored it. People have said you don't want to over use this conditioner, or any with keratin in it because it will cause buildup. But if you have some damage/dryness this is so worth trying. I got mine at TJ Maxx for a great deal and I also asked if I could return it if I didn't like it and she said it wouldn't be a problem. So no excuses. I also really like One 'n Only Brazilian Tech Deep Conditioner and Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask (expensive but really nice!) My hair is also previously keratin treated, and it is recommended to add some back in with these kinds of products. Hope that helps!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have dry, fine, colour treated, super fragile hair. I use this along with the matching shampoo (also Revitaluxe) & am really happy with the results. It has helped to notably take down the frizz in my hair & I am noticing less breakage.

Would repurchase.

on 7/31/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best shampoo and conditioner I've tried. I have frizzy, dry, tangled, fly away hair and after I use this my hair is smooth and full of shine. It's a pricey product but you definitely get what you pay for. The smell isn't very great but it's not strong enough to bother me.

*as for the ones saying their hair is tangled after using this, this product contains 3 different kinds of keratin, which can dry out your hair and cause it to become straw like if your hair is already healthy or if using another product with keratin.

on 4/24/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The smell is VERY good, but it doesn't do much for me - I have had much cheaper conditioners that have worked much better. My hair looked a little better while drying - it didn't get all fluffed out at the ends, BUT when it dried, it got quite "crunchy", which it never does with cheaper conditioner. What this can be used for is if you like to put your hair up in a bun to get waves - it creates those waves easier, but it doesn't hold them for long.
The consistency of ths conditioner is quite thin, not rich, and I don't feel this gives me enough moisture - I think it would be better for people with fine hair.
I don't think this is any good for my hair, so no, won't repurchase.