October 2, 2014 | 1365 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Christina

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh Christina, Christina. How do I love thee, let me count the ways... Is it your non-drying, semi-matte finish that has me transfixed? Your light, almost imperceptible feel on my lips? Or is it your multi-dimensional burnished-bronze-berry shade, with an ever-so-slight pink undertone that remains even after the original colour has rubbed away? Perhaps it is the way you never fail to brighten up my pale complexion, and the way I have yet to find a blush colour or eye look that clashes with you. Whether a smoky eye, a neutral face, or a shiny metallic NYE-worthy eyeshadow ensemble, you never fail to provide the perfect balance and finishing touch to bring my whole face together. And once applied, you are far from fickle, rarely if ever fully departing and leaving my lips naked.

Dear Christina, your classic all-black ensemble is the epitome of class. While it can be difficult to distinguish you from your NARS siblings in my purse, the look and feel of your casing simply speaks of elegance to me.

My love, you and your NARS siblings cost about as much as I'm ever willing to pay for a lipstick, but you are worth every penny. If you were to raise in price I would still continue to purchase you. For I do not know what my everyday makeup routine would be without you. I feel you are, truly, my perfect shade. Not a neutral or a "MLBB", not my perfect "true red", but a shade that wears from day to night that is as wearable as an MLBB (but with more glamour) and as stunning as the perfect red (but with greater wearability and versatility).

Christina, for my particular skin tone and colouring, I believe we are soul mates. If you were ever to vanish from store shelves, I would surely die.

Love Always,
Your biggest fan

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This color is horrible on me and honestly kind of just horrible in general. I have no idea why I bought this. (Bought on line on a whim).

In the tube it looks like a shimmery copper lipstick but when swatched or on the lips a cool berry color does emerge. However, in addition to that berry color being very wrong for me, the frosty copper color overpowers everything. This is truly the most 90's lipstick I have ever come across and reminds me of cheap, frosty drug store lipsticks. I would be embarrassed to wear this in public during the day. I suppose I can see how at night, in a dimly lit restaurant this might look sexy or pretty. But definitely NOT during the day. It's just a berry brown frosty nightmare.

I'm normally not so negative on reviews but I was really weirded out by this LS. I thinks Francois NARS is a genius so I'm sure he could make this look good on anyone. But I don't have those skills. Back to Bloomingdales this goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cp326

So, I admit the main reason I was attracted to this color is because my name is Christina. But with that childish reason aside, I did base my purchasing decision on whether or not I actually LIKED the color. I would describe this lipstick as a coppery pinkish red. Like another reviewer mentioned, this lipstick can take on a variety of appearances. I tend to always apply lipsticks over some lip balm because it gives a moister appearance and prevents those obvious cracks in your lips where the lipstick settles. With lip balm as a base, it is a very wearable color suitable for day. Applied on dry lips it becomes much more pronounced and the copper aspect is very noticeable. Not noticeable in a bad way! Just depending on your skin color, you may want to reserve the dramatic option for night. I only own two lipsticks from Nars: dolce vita (the staple) and now Christina. I love them both and wear either during the day depending on my mood. I am not one for dramatic lips - I prefer playing up my eyes. So these two colors are right up my alley!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by pixairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this. It's easily transformable. I've taken this lipstick to pink, deep red, plum, and even nude with lip liners. On its own, two swipes of Christina equal a gorgeous MLBB over my pigmented lips. If I blot and add more, it's a beautiful raspberry color. It's also very moisturizing and lasts me throughout a whole day. It's amazing and definitely HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Jhoyjha

A beautiful lipstick that is multi dimensional. Pretty hues of red, berry, and gold. Can easily play up the color and transform it with different liners and glosses. I like pairing this with Nars Moon Fleet gloss (a gold)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, so I finally found a lipstick with my name on it (literally), LOL. I'm glad it's gorgeous!
Christina is a lovely berry red with plenty of bronzey gold shimmer. It's not overly warm though, so would most likely work on a range of skin tones which is always a bonus. Excellent pigmentation, reasonable lasting power, not much fragrance, maybe a little waxy if you sniff the tube directly but I don't notice any scent while I'm wearing it.
Packaging is standard matte black with NARS around the lid in white lettering, not what I'd call chic or elegant but practical and functional.
My one (tiny) criticism of Nars lipsticks is that the angled surface area for application is at a slightly weird degree and seems bigger than usual, which takes some getting used to, especially for the precision application this colour demands.
Totally worth it though, because Christina is GORGEOUS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very flattering colour on me, and is very wearable for all sorts of occasions. I haven't had any problems with it drying my lips, and lasts fairly well under most circumstances. I will be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thought I loved this, but it really didnt work. Ended up going back. It just looked off and couldn't pair well with any eyeshadow. It only looked good in the dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Love the color, but it is really drying on my lips so I have to layer it with some gloss underneath. Wish I would have known this before I bought it. I probably should have stuck with grabbing a Chanel lipstick...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this color would be too warm for my cool-tones complexion but, like so many of Nars' shades, it would probably work well on just about anyone. A touch of copper makes it just "spicy" enough; I wear it when I'm wanting something a little bit different. The texture is perfect--not at all drying, but nowhere near melty. It's easy to apply the product straight from the stick while managing to color well inside the lines. Finally, I love that matte NARS packaging. It's no-nonsense, yet modern. Yep, nothing bad to say here!