April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Fragrance - LUSH - Dirty fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I ran all over the mall in search of a decent body spray, venturing into drug stores , Sephora, perfumeries, clothing stores and everything I smelled was common as hell. You know when you're on the street and someone wakls past you and smells like 50 other women who have passed you in the last week? It's as if they all shop at the same stores (Victoria's Secret being overly popular). Tired of those candy smacking sickly sweet bouquet scents every teen and their mother is wearing I went on a mission to find something that did not fit the box. I've bought a few of those common kinds of fragrances before and within a day the scent started to get on my nerves. The sweet fragrances react overpoweringly to my natural scent, which is already slightly sweet (so I've been told). In guessing scents react differently on your skin due to whatever you eat. If your diet is vegetarian (a la moi) and you eat a lot of fruit then your sweat may smell sweet. It you mainly onions/garlic your perfume will react with whatever scent the onion/garlic has coming out of your skin (Wild guessing here).

I spotted a Lush store. They only had the one body spray. I sprayed it on my arm, complimented on the amazing Wrigley's spearmint chewing gum scent and informed the sales lady that I would travel further through the mall and would be back after the dry down if I still liked it. I walked out of the store half a block through the crowd and noticed this really amazingly sexy smell coming from somewhere. Another half block and I noticed that it was following me, stopped and was BLOWN TOTALLY AWAY that it was coming from me!. I went straight back and bought it.

On the subway home I was asked by two women what scent I was using. It seems to turn guys heads too. The trick is to use it lightly and spray from far away as the nozzle will spray a huge amount on you if you're too close.The scent is EXACTLY like a steamy shower using Coast (blue) bar soap and then brushing your teeth with spearmint toothpaste. As I use unfragranced soap and my own home made tooth powder which doesn't have a strong scent it's great to smell like I use coast and common drug store toothpaste every day without having to compromise. I use it daily. I can't smell the other notes of licorice, spices and whatever, even after the dry down. If you can transfer some into a smaller spritz bottle. You only need a little on, the Lush bottle sprays too much and is a very scent heavy fragrance. I'm guessing that this is the reason some reviewers felt overwhelmed by it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I thought this was a decent product. I'm still debating whether I would buy this again. Some of the pros is that it has great sillage and the scent is mildly addictive to me. I pick up the spearmint note in the initial spray and then I get a herbal powder dry down after a couple of hours. The cons is that my hubby( whom I bought this for) does not care for it and the scent can be overwhelming. Anywhere I spray this still retains the scent.It would make a good air freshener. Not really good for those with allergies or who are repulsed by this scent. I do love the spray bottle and I recently took it on a camping trip with no problems of the bottle breaking.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by thefaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely disgusting scent. I revel in fragrances that are a little out there, away from the conventional floral vanilla juice everyone seems to wear. I sampled a few Lush perfumes, most were pleasant and dull, Orange Blossom was a fuggy, almost overpowering standout.

But this! I got a bit of this on my cuff as I was spraying it on my wrist and it made me gag. Like I said, I love an unconventional kick to my perfumes--tobacco, wood, tar, leather, dirt even. A man's neck. A sharp fruit. I love men's cologne. I can even get behind salt-bathed warm sweaty bodies.

I walked back to work (this was my lunch hour) and all through the afternoon I would accidentally smell my sleeve and HATE myself.

I realise now the notes coming from this heavily are mint and liquorice. But a bastardized version of these are present in Dirty, because I love both. I even have mint in the garden that I can eat leaf by leaf! Liquorice too is a wonderful scent.

In Lush's Dirty it seems like the most synthetic imitations of these are present, with other disgusting elements. Like (to me) the smell of freshly cut grass or burning tyres, it makes the contents of my stomach churn and want to rise.

I can understand what they were going for--the name says it alone! But instead of a skanky, naughty scent for your man (or for a lady to splash on if she's feeling fearless), it's as though they've bottled nausea.

Avoid it. Everyone will avoid you anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a strange one. I know it's mainly marketed for boys, but I'm a girl and I hate 'girly' smells (like Guerlain and all that overpowering stuff) so I read the reviews on this and headed off to Lush to get the hard sell... Its....just weird....but I've given it 4 stars and I'm not sure why, it's addictive!
I first spray it and it smells like 'salad garnish' with the abundance of herbs in it. Imagine salad garnish then brushing your teeth. That's the first smell. Herbs and toothpaste. It's odd. But spray with abandon then get ready. 30 minutes later it smells amazing on your skin - mild, musky, minty....just absolutely gorgeous! As long as you don't go within a 10 metre radius of another person in the first 30 minutes of spraying, then you will fall in love with the dry-down smell of this body spray/perfume. The smell lasts for hours too!
One odd addition. If I've been out for the day, when I come home, my flat smells like a dentist's waiting room - all minty and weird from the residue of this spray - but in a very good way....just clean and fresh and lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fragrance notes: Spearmint, thyme, tarragon, sandalwood, lavender.

YUM! I know this fragrance is geared toward men but it smells wonderful & for sure the Lush catalog is right when it says that you'll want to use your boyfriend's Dirty for yourself.

Initially, as described, I get the sense of some aroma of garbage (yuck, too earthy for me - probably the thyme & tarragon, since I have those spices in my kitchen & they have that certain earthy aroma) but in a quick minute the 'dirty' smell gives way to a most delightful scent of mint that lingers for quite a while. The scent is clean & fresh on my skin yet @ the same time has a lot of warmth to it. That's what makes the whole purchase worthwhile. The lavender mixes in very nicely, barely noticeable it but it makes a difference in the mint effect. It can be layered w/any other fragrance you like that mixes well w/this type of scent (I love doing that). I actually like layering this w/Lush Vanillary.

I appreciate that the mint note is not sharp like strong peppermint toothpaste, but it's a creamy soft mint that makes me think of middle school yrs when I used to wear Spearmint Chapstick & used to chew Wrigley's DoubleMint gum. A fresh scent, not overly sweet (hence quite unisex).

I bought the small 1/3 oz (9 ml) purse-size cylinder tube spray (black aluminum-brushed glass, according to what the SA told me) & this perfume line is made by Gorilla. So far, I'm really liking this cool scent for hot summer weather. I would rate it 4.5 - it's hard to choose btwn 4 (upleasant initially dirty smell) & 5 (fresh mint takes over quickly). Nothing about this scent is overpowering though, it's very much a soft skin scent altogether, & it lasts long enough to not have to re-spray every 10 minutes like some of my other unfortunate fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Dirty is a fresh, clean, mostly-spearmint fragrance in a wacky black
container that resembles Fantastic or Spray N Wash. I love this
herbaceous fragrance, and it's as good in its own way as one
of my favorite niche fragrances - Heeley Menthe Fraiche. RAVE!
Lush Dirty is a wonderful unisex fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately, someone sprayed this on me by accident while I was shopping on vacation. I could not get the stench off my arm for TWO ENTIRE DAYS (and two showers with soap and scrubbing!). I absolutely hated the smell. This is probably fantastic if you're in a pinch and need to mask some serious body odor. But oh my goodness, do not spray it more than once or you will smell like this for the rest of your natural life.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my God. I just ordered this without smelling based on reviews and what sounded like a great product description. Had it shipped to my office. Eagerly sprayed it on, you know, with all my coworkers around, didn't bother going to an out-of-the-way, private area.

EVERYONE. HATES. ME.

They've threatened to drag me outside and hose me off. The only sounds in the halls are the reverberations of slammed office doors, as coworkers desperately try to escape the onslaught of stench.

What a giant mistake this was. Hoping for a decent dry-down?

It smells like liquorice.

Next day update: Decided to give it another spin this morning and guess what? I had ALL KINDS of space around me on the subway this morning! No one wanted to be anywhere near me. So if you want lots of room to yourself on the train, I REALLY recommend Dirty!

16 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cosmetticjunki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS: Smells great *** long lasting *** deodorizing *** antibacterial
CONS: you will get so many compliments you will have to go into hiding *** so many people will want to share it that you will run out quick *** it says its made for a man so it may be a bit embarrassing to use
...........................

I have to warn you i am obsessed with this spray! I am about to rave so hard on this product you may have to go smack your momma. (this is a saying don't really do this) First of all this has become my favorite product at this time, one reason may be the amount of compliments i have received. I have never had so many compliments on any type of perfume or cosmetics than i have on the LUSH Dirty Body Spray. The week before it was released the lady at LUSH sprayed some on my arm to try. I was not interested at first and thought to myself why would i ever buy a body spray that is made for men. Needless to say i thought this girl at LUSH was LOOPY. When i got home and hrs later i could still smell the spray. I was not only impressed by the staying power but the smell was amazing! The sandalwood helps to combat unwanted odours and the Dirty scent of tarragon, thyme, lavender and subtle spearmint seemed to change on my skin. It smelled a lot more feminine than i expected. The tarragon oil is naturally antibacterial and deodorizing which i think helps the smell stand out because other bath products or smells do not effect the outcome. I bought the "perfume gun" at $19.95 for 6.0oz. I put this in my purse to take to work. I sit in a desk at work and work beside a guy i am good friends with. I had him smell it and he loved it. So he comes into work and asks me for a spray of the Dirty everyday. We have used almost the entire bottle together. It cracks me up and is amazing that him being a guy and me being a women that we both are obsessed with it. I have had people stop me walking and ask what fragrance i am wearing numerous times. I do not know what it is but the people who do like it LOVE IT! Gender is NOT a issue for this bad boy! I will definitely repurchase my guy friend is buying the next bottle. If you dont have a store near you go to www.lush.com to get the hookup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I heard a few women say they like this despite it being for men. All I can say is I hate it!! First time I put it on all I could think was I smell like a man! Had to have a shower and wash my clothes to get the smell out! If you don't mind smelling like a guy then I guess you can use this, but I had to shove it in the bathroom cabinet at the back as it was stinking out my room. Going to be throwing it out or giving to my brother, complete waste as it wasn't cheap!