October 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Fragrance - Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I was curious to smell this famous cologne. I have to admit I was scared. I'd heard people describe it as the smell of a crotch..i don't know what they're on about but I LOVE this scent
it's deep, compelling, doesn't smell sanitized. It smells dirty, lived in, sweaty...This scent is dead sexy. The second I smelled this I thought this is the kind of scent a MAN wears.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is my DH's signature scent and this is a yes to the question whether I would buy it again. I cannot say I can wholeheartedly give it all the 5 lippies, because it's a tad too linear to my nose and a bit nosehair-curling at the application. But it does settle into a nice dry white floral scent with a slight dash of just-out-of-the-freezer aquatics stirred into it, and i would say it's a good tonic to one's senses. I do not think it shines in colder months: it's razor sharp then and just doesn't peak because it lacks temperature for a full blossom. Still, a great one from monsieur YSL - a reliable timeless classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

YSL Kouros is one of those love it or hate it scents. I will say, my initial impression was that it smelled horrible, just like a urinal cake and nothing else. However, deciding to give this a second chance was well worth it. I adore this stuff.

Kouros commands ones attention with its strong incense-y opening, but becomes much softer over time, yet still powerful enough to remind you it's still there. The dry down is warm and spicy with a bit of sweetness. Each time I've worn this I get nothing but compliments from people who've never smelled it before.

I think YSL stopped marketing the EdT in the US, so this is not available in stores at the moment. However, that could change.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I've gone back to the department store three times to get spray samples of this, which means I need a whole bottle. Glorious with a fascinating, slightly repellent strain of civet and musky 'skank' that blends so well with the notes of incense, sweetness and pure hot cleanliness. Kouros conjures up such a strong image of old-school, sexy masculinity for me that I wonder if Dad wore it in his heyday. Husband may wear it, if he asks nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the fragrance my boyfriend wears and i simply adore it..! We've been together 3 years now and this smell still makes me go crazy. It's very masculine and sensual... Not masculine as in "this is heavy enough to make a room full of people faint" or "this is cheap and smells like bottled sweat=manly" like several men's fragrances out there but masculine as in captivating, rich, sensuous, mature, warm and a bit spicy. Best men's fragrance i've ever smelled... I actually love it so much that i got a bottle to use for myself !! Costs 45Euro for 50ml/1.7oz and i highly recommend you to try it out and maybe buy it as a present for your boyfriend, hubby or even yourself!

Top Notes: Laurel, Artemisia, Coriander, Bergamot
Middle Notes: Carnation, Cinnamon, Geranium, Jasmine
Base Notes: Vetiver, Patchouli, Amber, Musk

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by karelin7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kiehl's Original Musk + florals + stagnant water from the toilet tank = Kouros. Potency like you wouldn't believe. Ostentatious. Louche. Sillage for days and the staying power of a tattoo. The top notes are alarming when you first spray it on. As if someone ran a dozen urinal pucks through a juicer. The cloying camphor note recedes somewhat as the musk base and sweet florals move ahead. Am astonished that so many women find this sexy. Coincidentally, the day I ordered my bottle I went to see the play "God of Carnage." Kouros has a cameo where they use it to try to cover the stench of vomit. The thought of that combo is really scary. Look, it's a well-conceived frag but I would never wear it, any more than I would wear a pocket square that matches my tie, gold ID bracelets, pinky rings, or wife beaters. If I wanted to go this route, fragrancewise, I would wear Kiehl's OM. That offers the Kouros base without the camphorous, urine-soaked accord, cloying florals, and dank basenote of water that's grown stagnant around the base of a toilet. If you think I exaggerate, try a sample of Kouros. Chandler Burr, who I find completely off the mark with Yatagan, is on target when he wrote that Kouros can get you expelled from a restaurant. Unless it's a restaurant full of other Kouros fans.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smelled this on a friend and thought it smelled amazing. Going to pick some up for my DH.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

O M G! This is the HOTTEST thing I've ever smelt in my LIFE!! Can't comment on the staying power of course ;) But it's hot hot hot HOT!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by blah114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not for everyone. I simply do not at all like this scent. It stinks to me and lasts forever. Others love it, but it's not at all refined. It smells like nothing else I've ever smelled. It is VERY sweet and cloying, gives me headaches whenever I wear (wore) it. It smells so unique that I am having problems describing it. I would imagine it's meant for sex or intimacy. It smells like "love lotion" ala very very sweet, like spicy berries, but then has a hint of spice in it. I do not like this scent at all, but to each his/her own. I can only review this scent based on my opinions.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by supermarky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish I didn't have to choose "would you buy again yes or no"... maybe I would.

it's really interesting that everyone is calling this "clean" cause it smells to so many people like a dirty public restroom, that's how it smells to me. I bought a bottle early in my fragrance mania cause I like another cologne by the perfumer, pierre bourdon. But... I have never worn Kouros, scared to!

One day maybe I will actually wear it and actualy it ysee, so maybe I will buy another bottle someday...

Funny how different it is to smell something on someone else. I would love to smell this on another person.